Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2017, 11:29 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I'm not a dem, an independent. A tue one, loyal to no party, votes for the person, not the party.

The Dems just showed they have morals, ethics, and integrity that we need to run our country.
I am also not a dem or gop. But it has nothing to do with integrity. Neither party has any.

Otherwise Bill Clinton would not have won twice and Hillary almost did.

Very simple. Franken and Conyers will be replaced by other democrats. The party loses nothing but wins with people like you who can't see the obvious.

Moore steps aside and a democrat wins.

That is the difference its about winning or at least not losing ground. If Minnesota had a GOP governor Franken would still be in the senate.

Lets not put the dems on a pedestal they are no better than the gop.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:31 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
I do feel a sadness about losing a valuable person who works for the people.

Then there is the lily white president...when will he resign.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:35 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I have a judgement call. Franken is a bigot who got caught and had the gall to stand on the floor of the Senate and lecture the rest of us on our behavior.

he can blow it out his rear and anyone who applauded his speech is a hypocrite and a bigot.
Hahahaha---so true

Old 12-07-2017, 11:35 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How did he "lecture the rest of us on our behavior?" I'm guessing you're feeling a little guilty in your gut for supporting Trump after the Access Hollywood tape exposed his sexual predatory behavior. Anyone with clean hands---no pun intended---wouldn't take that speech as a lecture on our own behavior.
guilty is the wrong word. I don't feel in the least bit guilty. In fact pretty much every single morning I wake up and thank God for TheDonald being in the White House and not the self professed PROG Hillary.

and anyone who isn't a PROG heard Franken tell the rest of us how terrible we are when he is in fact the guy with his actual hands CAUGHT on other peoples cookies.

sorry Wayland Woman you need to face the facts. Republicans have for a long time taken care of getting rid of our own who actually DO bad things. YOUR side has protected bad actors for years. you know that's true. you just getting woke in the last few weeks does not constitute any form of crisis on our part.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:36 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Al Franken Resigns!

The usual #fakenews.

Franken did not resign. He merely announced he would resign, sometime in the upcoming weeks.

Expect his prediction to change before that comes about.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:37 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I do feel a sadness about losing a valuable person who works for the people.

Then there is the lily white president...when will he resign.
oh bull! Franken didn't "work for the people" unless you think Che "worked for the people.

Franken is a prog who demanded everyone do what he wanted and think like he demanded, or he blasted them with foul mouthed rants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Did he even apologize for what he did to those women?

Don't think I've heard one at all.
He's been apologizing since it all started. I remember that from an older lady here...

Some higher UPS wouldn't know how to say, I'm Sorry.....

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
No, it means that with some important votes in the Senate pending, the people of MN aren't losing out on their legal right of representation until things are put in place for a successor to take over.

Plus he has time to help his Senate staff manage the transition - I'm guessing most will end up staying at least until after the 2018 election but some will need to move on and this allows for a little breathing space for that and doesn't put them out of work a couple of weeks before Christmas.
No. It means he can decide not to resign. He didn't resign today...just his intention to. I thought it was a very interesting move by Franken.

Let's see how it plays out before making definitive statements.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Al Franken Resigns!

The usual #fakenews.

Franken did not resign. He merely announced he would resign, sometime in the upcoming weeks.

Expect his prediction to change before that comes about.
ummmmmmmmmm

Old 12-07-2017, 11:39 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
It's actually good for the democrats long term. They can spin it to show that they don't protect their own like the republicans do.
Well, maybe. They still have burned Bill Clinton in effigy for his behavior. There's a much bigger target than Al Franken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies