Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 05:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,284,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
There is already a large cross-section of society that supports legalized marijuana, but they aren't vocal about it. A crackdown would, most likely, encourage those people to come forward more openly.

IMO, it's too late for a crackdown or full ban on marijuana to actually work. The proverbial cat is already out of the bag, and no amount of federal enforcement is going to put it back in. If anything, federal enforcement will make legalization come sooner rather than later, as more people become vocal about their support for it and question the idiocy that is the War on Drugs.

To top it off states such as Colorado and Washington have already given a big middle finger to the federal government on this issue, with Gardiner being at least publically willing to hold DOJ nominations hostage over the issue. The testing ground of Colorado, showing that the legalization of marijuana doesn't really cause the symptoms shown in Reefer Madness, went a long way toward convincing those who were on the fence about marijuana to come down on the side of legalization.

In some ways, the removal of the order could be just the catalyst needed to get the push for national legalization off the ground and force the federal government to finally stop persecuting people for owning a plant.

With all the craze lately for getting rid of anything that even remotely smacks of racism, I'm kind of surprised that the ban on marijuana wasn't the highest item on the list. The entire fiasco of delegalizing marijuana was built on the propaganda of racism.

Seriously, can anyone imagine the results of a politician saying that sort of racist crap today? Come on, all you social justice warriors, stand up and fight racism!!!
Yes I can imagine the results of politicians using that racist crap today. They still use it in a more subtle manner. It is like the snowflakes trying to stop Elvis Presley and rock 'n' roll. Black music influencing our innocent little flowers of children.

Sessions needs to find another cause. This is going to hurt him. He cannot legislate behavior, and he cannot stop legalized marijuana. If he tries, I think he will be met with huge push back from the majority of the country that wants it legalized--well over the majority. It's a stupid stupid move. The horse is already out of the barn. Genie is out of the bottle. Whatever cliche you want.

This admin has been trying to force us back to the 50s, in the same way Iran is trying to keep their citizens from progress. It does not work, and people will, in fact, fight back. We don't need guns to fight Sessions and his ilk. We vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 05:42 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,636,855 times
Who matters? Sessions has to realize that ship has pretty much already sailed. He is going to be going against the majority of the public that wants it.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:54 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,708,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Aaaand once again Joe,we have dopers personally attack THE person because you/they don't agree with them.
Hmmmm.....what came first?
Immaturity in general and lack of social maturity? Or dope that made it that way?
Sure, if you want to see it as an attack . But I just see you as lazy, and taking the easy way out ,via the tired old cliche of "fried brains"

Old 02-01-2018, 06:54 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,335,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I predict the crack downs will begin soon. As Raddo explained, there has been a ban on any funds for crack-downs, and the bad is set to expire on Jan 19th. Trump extended the ban once (most likely without even realizing it), but did not extend it this time.
Yes, he did extend it this time:

Quote:
Under the terms of the stop-gap federal budget deal approved by Congress on January 22, these medical marijuana protections, known as the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, were extended until the budget deal expires on February 8.
https://news.medicalmarijuanainc.com...l-budget-deal/

Old 02-01-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I predict the crack downs will begin soon. As Raddo explained, there has been a ban on any funds for crack-downs, and the bad is set to expire on Jan 19th. Trump extended the ban once (most likely without even realizing it), but did not extend it this time.
I'm afraid your cherished crack-down is unlikely to happen, Finn, at least in Colorado:

Quote:
Colorado's top federal prosecutor said his office won't alter its approach to enforcing marijuana crimes after Attorney General Jeff Sessions withdrew a policy allowing pot markets to emerge in states that legalized the drug.

Gov. John Hickenlooper, a Democrat, also urged calm: "I think it will be the case where the bark is going to be worse than the bite."
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...o-create-chaos

Old 02-01-2018, 08:21 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I'm afraid your cherished crack-down is unlikely to happen, Finn, at least in Colorado:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...o-create-chaos
I think this will be a common reaction from federal prosecutors operating in marijuana-legal states. Not universal, unfortunately - but common.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I'm afraid your crack-down is looking even less likely:

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/1...orcement-thaw/

Quote:
“As a result of those conversations there have been a number of positive developments,” the Colorado Republican said in a brief news conference with reporters. He said the Justice Department had “moved more and more” toward agreeing to “concrete protections in Colorado for our state’s voters when it comes to decisions they made related to marijuana.”

Old 03-24-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
It looks like your dreams of a massive attack on the marijuana industry has again been foiled. This time, though, it isn't just an extension. This spending bill will last us until at least September 30. I sincerely hope this does not cause you too much consternation.

Quote:
Medical marijuana patients and businesses that follow state laws will continue to be protected from U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions and the federal drug agents that work for him under a provision contained in new must-pass legislation revealed on Wednesday.
Quote:
In a related move, a bipartisan group of members of Congress is stepping up the push to include the medical marijuana protections in Fiscal Year 2019 spending legislation. "We believe such a policy is not only consistent with the wishes of a bipartisan majority of the members of the House, but also with the wishes of the American people," 62 lawmakers wrote in a letter to House appropriations leaders last week.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange...-spending-bill

Old 03-24-2018, 11:49 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
It looks like your dreams of a massive attack on the marijuana industry has again been foiled. This time, though, it isn't just an extension. This spending bill will last us until at least September 30. I sincerely hope this does not cause you too much consternation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange...-spending-bill
Very glad to hear this!

Old 03-24-2018, 11:51 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,636,855 times
Sessions should be happy to have a JOB. This man is as immature and as big a liar as Trump. What a bunch of clowns....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies