Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post
I'm not saying rap is the sole cause of problems with the black community but it sure isn't helping. The bad neighborhoods in Indianapolis, where I live, are mostly black and mostly have cars pounding with black music. That's not my opinon. That's a fact that anyone with 2 brain cells and a hint of common sense can verify. Quinky dink? Don't think so.

When you drive to the nicer neighborhoods with money you don't see people bumping to 2pac in their luxury automobiles.

I think rap and thug culture needs to be kicked to the curb by black america. I've heard a few black leaders say the same things I just said and I hope their voices get heard.
I have no comment because it's clear that you'll try to make a connection no matter what. If anything, it's the suburban kids who use the music to rebel against their parents. That was the cool thing to do in the 'burbs when NWA made their debut.

You probably think Marilyn Manson was the reason for the Columbine shooting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 AM

863 posts, read 2,785,460 times
Quote:
That is a terrible point.
So is generalizing an entire group of people based on what you see in your neighborhood.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:32 AM

473 posts, read 1,245,659 times
Most of the black people in my neighborhood listen to rap. Not an opinion, not a generalization. That's an eyewitness account and a few brain cells talking.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:34 AM

Why doesn't the PGA advertise on BET? Why do black hair product companies advertise on BET? Because most people who listen to rap are black. It ain't rocket science and it isn't racism. Geeze louize our society is politically correct. Use some common sense people.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Most of the black people in my neighborhood listen to rap. Not an opinion, not a generalization. That's an eyewitness account and a few brain cells talking.
Most of the adult black people in my neighborhood go to work, take care of their homes, have good kids (most doing well in school), and do not blast rap music from their cars. The people in my neighborhood who do blast rap music from their cars (some luxury cars, too) are teenage black, white and Latino males and females.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Why doesn't the PGA advertise on BET? Why do black hair product companies advertise on BET? Because most people who listen to rap are black. It ain't rocket science and it isn't racism. Geeze louize our society is politically correct. Use some common sense people.
Nobody said the majority of fans aren't black. Where did you pull that statement from? Again, I will recommend this video to you.

YouTube - Ice Cube - Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It (Official Video)

Old 03-20-2008, 10:37 AM

I don't understand your post Haaziq. Most pga fans are white. Do you disagree?

Old 03-20-2008, 10:37 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
You're stereotyping. Not all hip-hop/rap music sounds like that. It is my favorite music genre because of how versatile the artists can be. At the same time, we have many bad artists just like any other genre. Sad part is about 80% of the most popular ones are horrible. It's like rock. The good rock had some recognition, then it became more about marketing than talent. Image and whatnot. You can't look at the bands on MTV these days and say that even three fourths of them could compete with bands from earlier decades. Same for hip-hop music.

By the way, if someone wants to degrade women, they are protected under the First Amendment. If they really think of women as all the names they call them, that is their right. I listen for talent, not content. Do you think all of rock bands' fans are drug users who break guitars? That is another stereotype of a genre and its fans.
Could you mention some of the versatile rappers? I'm interested in hearing them.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Because most people who listen to rap are black.
Umm......no.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
I don't understand your post Haaziq. Most pga fans are white. Do you disagree?
No, most PGA fans are white. You pointed out that the majority of hip-hop fans are black as if somebody said they weren't. Nobody did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies