Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 12:05 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,565,658 times

Advertisements

She makes a lot of very good points. I agree with most of them. On to 2020 and Mo Brooks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 12:47 AM

272 posts, read 134,540 times
Why doesnt she get a position in trumps government. She knew Brooks was the right candidate.

Moore spent the last few days at his alma mater, west point, instead of campaigning, trump was running around like a madman campaigning the last days of his presidential campaign. Trump maintained a brutal schedule

Last edited by floridapilot; 12-14-2017 at 01:30 AM..

Old 12-14-2017, 12:55 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
Why doesnt she get a position in trumps government. She knew Brooks was the right candidate.

Moore spent the last few days at his alma mata, west point, instead of campaigning, trump was running around like a madman campaigning the last days of his presidential campaign. Trump maintained a brutal schedule

Would she do it?

I'd love to see it happen.

As for the lost seat, it's a temporary setback.

The seat will return to the GOP in 2020, but unforced errors like that shouldn't be happening.

Purging the RINOs will cause enough turmoil without us helping Democrats along the way.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:13 AM

272 posts, read 134,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Would she do it?

I'd love to see it happen.

As for the lost seat, it's a temporary setback.

The seat will return to the GOP in 2020, but unforced errors like that shouldn't be happening.

Purging the RINOs will cause enough turmoil without us helping Democrats along the way.
I dont understand why the President didnt hire the people who loved him like coulter or people that basically created the playbook for the Trump campaign like Pat Buchanan, instead of surrounding himself with all these DC insiders and people like Nikki Haley who hated The Donald .

She and Bannon can do alot more out in the private sector though.

I dont really care about moore loss as much now after reading today and listening to people, the media would have a field day every time he made a pronouncement about God and now the democrats cant scream pedophile and have to deal with their own messes. I do hate McConnell and the repub establishment more and more with a passion each day though

Ann said it, its all about immigration,immigration,immigration, when the mainstream repubs try and pass amnesty, and they will, is when the veil comes off and breitbart and the right can go after them

Old 12-14-2017, 01:21 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,327,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
She makes a lot of very good points. I agree with most of them. On to 2020 and Mo Brooks!
She had company: National Review has also run several articles expressing doubts about Moore:

It's Never Fun to Lose a Senate Seat, But the GOP Dodged a Bullet With Roy Moore's Defeat | National Review

Roy Moore's Election: The Conservative Case Against Him | National Review

Old 12-14-2017, 04:25 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,926 times
What a bunch of crybabies on the right. They go out and campaign for Moore, they're all over social media and Fox pushing for him, trump is doing robocalls for him. And he loses and they're like oh, we never wanted him to win anyway. Pathetic.

Almost as pathetic as a bigoted child molester who refuses to concede.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:47 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,247 times
Both parties are useless when it comes to supporting Trump's agenda. So this is all just noise.

This is the time for Trump supporters to start running for office. It doesn't matter what party they are in. Plenty of people will vote for them if they stand by Trump.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Yeah -- her views aren't unique.

CNN political analysists made some of these exact points on election night....that Trump's big mistake was not backing Brooks....that Moore winning could have been a disaster for the Republican party, etc....

It's easy to be an arm chair quarterback after the big game.

What did she say before the election?

Old 12-14-2017, 05:50 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,004,356 times
I thought this article was very interesting concerning the concerns that the Republicans had from the beginning, including whether the special election should be held so quickly, or put off until November 2018 (Senator McConnell was for the later):

Alabama Senate election: Inside story of the GOP meltdown - CNNPolitics

Old 12-14-2017, 05:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
What I find fascinating is that even the most die hard loyal Republicans suggest that Trump went with Strange because of McConnell, and then finally agreed to back Moore because of Bannon.

Hang on - shouldn't the President of the USA be able to make his own mind up on which candidate would better support his agenda.

Blaming McConnell -- for me -- is not a good way of getting out of this whole scenario. It indicates a man who doesn't know what his agenda is, who can support him and how to go about it.

There are some benefits to knowing how the political process, elections, consistency of ideology, etc....work -- lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies