Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 09:49 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
So one of my gal pals from back in NY was jumped last night/early this morning by a bunch of rabid anti or Never Trumpers in Boston.
Since she's not responding to texts/calls at the moment, I do not have her permission to share her photographs that she had posted to Facebook.

Her and her boyfriend were out and were attacked upon leaving a bar/night club.
If I get her permission I will post, her face is busted up pretty badly.

The attack occurred with them being accused of being White Supremacist Trump supporters while walking from the establishment to where they were parked. Her and the boyfriend simply said no they weren't and that's when things escalated and were ambushed. The attackers took off with her credit card and boyfriends shoes as well following the attack.
The kicker... she's not white. She's Hispanic and has a tan/olive complexion.

Really? Before Christmas and still have to carry on like this?
Real tough group of men beating on a woman...

The hell is wrong with people? It's one thing to engage in ribbing from time to time for the lols, but carrying on like vermin... especially now?

On a side note...
I've worn a Yankees hat in Boston and didn't receive the same treatment... despite the rumors a blue Yankees hat is grounds for a beating/lynch mob...

I'm not expecting any sympathy but come on already... Is that how you send a message that you disagree with who's in office? What possesses someone to do such a thing? If you're that unhinged, please. Go seek counseling...
Kind of ironic to be all about that women's rights, about Trump being a violator of women... as you literally kick the crap out of one...
WoW. Cool story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This thread is a lot like this thread, so remember that right-wingers not only consume fake news, they often produce it.

I think your friend made up the part about Trump, but you go ahead and run with it.
RWNJ are the biggest producers of fake news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This happened a couple of days ago:

A man who shot and killed his estranged wife and then himself had lured her outside her job at a Penn State satellite campus by saying he had Christmas presents for their children, authorities said.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/14/man-ki...for-kids-cops/
You have totally blown the 'Christmas Theory' out of the water.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:50 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Again, I’m skeptical about the story too, but not because of this. People out looking for trouble, especially if alcohol or drugs are involved, will look for reasons to find it.
I don’t disagree. Truly, anything is possible; however, I feel there are substantial parts left from the OP’s telling of this story.

Perhaps something else instigated this...if it happened at all.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:51 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I call complete bull crap.
Me too, Cali.

A story of this magnitude -- a man and woman brutally beaten in the middle of the street in New York City, A POLITICALLY MOTIVATED ATTACK in which two people are beaten that badly....It would be going viral all over the internet this morning.

Put me on record saying this story is 100% fake . I believe the OP made it up

Old 12-16-2017, 09:51 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
What does Christmas have to do with this?

Sorry for your friend, but we haven't heard the whole story.
tis the season to be jolly

peace on earth

get it?

Old 12-16-2017, 09:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Me too, Cali.

A story of this magnitude -- a man and woman brutally beaten in the middle of the street in New York City, A POLITICALLY MOTIVATED ATTACK in which two people are beaten that badly....It would be going viral all over the internet this morning.

Put it me on record saying this story is 100% fake . I believe the OP made it up
Wasn't it Boston?

Old 12-16-2017, 09:53 AM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I have doubts because this is a right-wing forum where people have no problem posting idiocy like "The KKK and Neo-Nazis aren't violent" or even creating that thread a month or two back asking if black lives really had any value or not, or if we'd be better off without all of them - a thread that lingered for days before anything was done about it. Given the obvious one-sided nature of this forum and the fact that those on the right are never held to any factual standards for what they post, yes, I have doubts this story happened as described, and I find the obvious political message - "people who hate Trump are violent thugs" - dishonest.

If people who hate Trump can be summed by these thugs, than Trump-lovers can be summed up by the violent bigots who killed a woman in the summer Confederate snowflake riots. It works both ways, and while I'm sorry for the OP's friends if this happened as described, I find the obvious political spin unnecessary, divisive, and just more of the same crap - and around Christmas, too!
No it isn't. This forum is definitely very left leaning. I noticed that the second I realized most of the stickied posts are very pro left leaning.

But then again, I shouldn't be surprised by your rhetoric, your posts scream that you make a living via Soro's western union direct.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Which means you have no valid point, as suspected.
I’ll give it a shot and dumb it down further.

Gay people were attacked strictly because they were gay with no provocation at all.

This illustrates that people have and will attack others when they find something about another person they feel is objectionable to them.

It is possible that someone felt a person supporting Trump is so objectionable to them that they will attack them without provocation.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:02 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Not sure why you wouldn't believe the story. People from Boston are violent drunks.
I don't like Boston sports fans because I find them arrogant but you just painted a broad stroke calling the entire city drunks. Must be nice sitting up on that high pedestal.

Last edited by Timmyy; 12-16-2017 at 10:13 AM..

Old 12-16-2017, 10:04 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Has a gay person ever been singled out and attacked because they are gay?
This is not about a gay person and your comparison doesn't work.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:09 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

It is possible that someone felt a person supporting Trump is so objectionable to them that they will attack them without provocation.
But highly unlikely.
I suppose it's possible that they could be beaten senseless by Mormon missionaries or trampled by reindeer on a Boston sidewalk. Sounds like a fake story to me or one that goes much deeper than is being told here. A Trump fever dream...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies