Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 04:28 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Seriously people? Do you not remember "Seasons Greetings " at all? That's from as far back as the '70's from what I remember, and no one had a hissy fit then. It was very popular on cards. Get over yourselves already.

It's just another thing that our so called government is trying to divide us on. These days your anti-American and you hate god, etc ,etc. It's all political to keep everyone fighting amongst ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 04:32 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,369,132 times
Are you hearing it with a snarl? I am. Vindictiveness is alive and well this holiday season. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Old 12-21-2017, 04:33 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
I'm glad that we can say Merry Christmas again.

Trump still winning!

#MAGA

Old 12-21-2017, 04:35 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Trump still winning!

#MAGA

Why was there a law against it? Or is it that your were just too scared to say it until your lord and master said it was?

Old 12-21-2017, 04:37 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You are far too logical for this forum, and your post has a faint whiff of bipartisan thinking. That will never fly here.
Sadly true, and thanks for the compliment.

I honestly wish they'd just divide this forum into partisan camps so the right-wing extremists could have their conspiracy theories, bigotry, and "bible law" pipe dreams, the left wing extremists - all 10 or so of them left in this nation, lol - could dream of a world without business or private property, and the rest of us could exchange useful info and maybe learn something. But, as you said, that'll never fly here.

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Trump still winning!

#MAGA
yeah I agree, I was never allowed to say Merry Christmas during the Obama years. I was so scared the browncoats would turn me in and I would end up in prison. You Trumpetts are truly pathetic with your "war on Christmas" crap.

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Maybe you want to hear it more so you think you do. I haven’t noticed it at all..

Old 12-21-2017, 04:42 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Seriously people? Do you not remember "Seasons Greetings " at all? That's from as far back as the '70's from what I remember, and no one had a hissy fit then. It was very popular on cards. Get over yourselves already.
Yep. Seasons Greetings goes way back - I remember it as a kid from the 1980's or so.

This "War on Christmas" nonsense is just more right-wing crack meant to divide the nation and fan the fires of tribal idiocy. As we've covered before, the far-right views things in absolutes - you are a dear friend or hated foe, you either fully support somebody in power, or you completely hate them, and so forth. That's why they cannot understand a statement such as: "I hate Hillary, but I hate Trump more." They don't get that - if you hate Trump, you "must" be a "liberal commie who loves Hillary." In their world, everything is tribal war: black vs. white, gay vs. straight, Muslim vs. Christian, and so on. There is no room for "live and let live," bi-partisan thinking, or even apathy on a topic, such as "I don't give a damn what consenting adults are doing in their sex lives."

The phony "war on Christmas" is just more of the same. Either you're one of the "good guys" who intentionally only says "Merry Christmas!" to everyone, even people you know are of a different faith, just to rub their nose in it and remind them that your faith is "the only true one," or your one of the "evil liberals" who realizes other faiths exist and who thus offers a faith-neutral greeting and well-wishing. Again, it's all a war with "good" vs. "evil" with them, and I'm sick of it.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:44 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Why was there a law against it? Or is it that your were just too scared to say it until your lord and master said it was?
Fallacious response.

No laws for saying many things which the leftists have tried to remove from the American vocabulary. Woe to the person who says it.

But now that's changing. Trump brings back common sense to America. Obama "newspeak" is gone.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Old 12-21-2017, 04:51 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,827 times
I believe only weak people care about such things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies