Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 12:33 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
In fairness to her, she didn't start the thread. Craigiri did. So criticism of the thread title can't be laid on her.

Dang it...LOL....Typing fast again, caught me twice in this thread....I tried to delete the post, but you were to quick....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As more lose their health care, that is not going to happen. I don't mind discussing real possibilities but this isn't one.
This is you giving opinion as fact.

But it is a FACT that under Obamacare life expectancy went down. First time for both in American history.

45,392 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Dang it...LOL....Typing fast again, caught me twice in this thread....I tried to delete the post, but you were to quick....

That's what she said.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:34 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear. It can't possibly be about Trump. He wasn't even President.

Why do you keep talking about him?

This is Obama's mess.
Good grief, I first posted because I thought blaming him for stats from 2015 and 2016 was unfair.

This conversation is a flipping train wreck.

Y'all have fun, I'm outtie.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:35 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
I'm guessing we won't hear back from the OP on making that mistake.

Of course WaPo deliberately obfuscated the fact that it all happened under Obama.
Nope but it didn't take long for the "partisan tribalism" to engage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I didnt even vote for Obama. This is a result of oligarchy which crosses party lines but make no mistake about it, the GOP is swimming in cash from the ruling donor class and they made it clear that if the GOP didnt pass this tax bill for the rich, they would not get enough funding/bribery from the donors who rule America. Even more people will now go without health care, inequality will increase further and drug overdoses will increase even more, and you think this is a winning scenario? The partisan tribalism makes it hard for you to see straight.
*sighs*

If you can't see through your own partisan BS to see a product was mandatory for folks to purchase or pay a fine... please don't ever attempt to define tyranny...
I don't care, left right independent.

Your trapped in the emotional good feels of everyone having insurance. Here's a legitimate question. What of those who didn't want insurance, or couldn't afford insurance yet were told they either comply or pay the fine?

Be starry eyed millennial locked down with college tuition loan debts. Be forced to carry insurance post 26. Pay through the nose in premiums and deductibles. Opposed to how things used to be with a more affordable premium with twice the coverage. And this was a good thing?

All this did was put smaller networks out, and enabled the biggest scam ever on American citizens. You can't be that blind to see this was a fail of epic proportions that did nothing but enable the big insurance companies...

Let's see low premiums, low co-pays fair copays.
Higher premium cost, now a deductible that needs to be met for every calender year. Kind of defeats the purpose to have this form of "health insurance" when you can claim you don't have insurance and pay out of pocket for less than the cost of premium and deductibles! LOL

Old 12-21-2017, 12:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:

But it is a FACT that under Obamacare life expectancy went down. First time for both in American history.
I never disputed that nor did I support Obamacare.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:37 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:

Its not the first time life expectancy went down. It has happened numerous times in history.

But the reality is that our life expectancy IS a disgrace for a developed country and drug overdoses is a big part of it. What can we expect when people cheer on oligarchy, claiming that it doesnt matter whether a few thousand ultra rich elites have enormous power over the political system and our democracy? As long as people refuse to see the damage big money does to our democracy and society, things will get worse before getting better.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:37 PM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Long prison sentences for pharmaceutical CEO's would be a good start.
And without those pharmaceutical manufacturers... you wouldn't even have medical care to speak of. Talking about biting the hand that feeds you.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:38 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:

Not the first for both in American history. Just the first in a long time. Obama's presidency was the first since Woodrow Wilson's to see a decline in American life expectancy. Trump's is sure to follow in Obama's footsteps.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:38 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Nope but it didn't take long for the "partisan tribalism" to engage...

*sighs*

If you can't see through your own partisan BS to see a product was mandatory for folks to purchase or pay a fine... please don't ever attempt to define tyranny...
I don't care, left right independent.

Your trapped in the emotional good feels of everyone having insurance. Here's a legitimate question. What of those who didn't want insurance, or couldn't afford insurance yet were told they either comply or pay the fine?

Be starry eyed millennial locked down with college tuition loan debts. Be forced to carry insurance post 26. Pay through the nose in premiums and deductibles. Opposed to how things used to be with a more affordable premium with twice the coverage. And this was a good thing?

All this did was put smaller networks out, and enabled the biggest scam ever on American citizens. You can't be that blind to see this was a fail of epic proportions that did nothing but enable the big insurance companies...

Let's see low premiums, low co-pays fair copays.
Higher premium cost, now a deductible that needs to be met for every calender year. Kind of defeats the purpose to have this form of "health insurance" when you can claim you don't have insurance and pay out of pocket for less than the cost of premium and deductibles! LOL
I dont care about "insurance". I care about everyone getting the health care they need, regardless of whether they are a coal mining family in Appalachia, a child on tribal reservations or a Wall Street executive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies