Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 05:29 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is an easy explanation why trump has gone back on some of the campaign promises.

Its simple, when he was campaigning, he was not privy to lots of the big secrets in our Govt, like how things are really done, accomplished, maintained, etc.

Once he was actually elected though, Id imagine he got an eye opener of a meeting, where he likely learned how corrupt the system is and how some of his promises just could not come to fruition without causing serious problems.

So, in reality, he was making promises as a civilian (he didnt yet have all the top secret knowledge).
oh please that is a pretty lame excuse. 99% of the economic issues are in full public view. and 99% of what is not is easy to find.

There are likely lots and lots of secrets but none of them stop trump from producing his ever promised Healthcare plan that he still has failed to show anyone outside of his imagination....

no secret stops trump from building a wall, or an infrastructure plan or most anything else.

international efforts are different, military sure, but his domestic policies are completely unfettered by hidden knowledge that was beyond his reach. and remember both hillary and Donald were given lots of insight and data to help them understand what they might be getting into and to help whoever won be ready to hit the ground running...

nope your excuse for trump is as weak as his words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 05:37 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Trump promised the moon (or at least the highest moutain peak in the red states) and delivered an even bigger swamp. I'm talking The Everglades with seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Yes. Once Trump got elected, businesses became more confident about the U.S. economy because Trump campaigned on cutting taxes and regulations on businessses. The stock market moves partly on market sentiment and confidence. That is why it has gone higher.

Fortunately, Trump has followed through on these promises.
Oh please! The stock market doesn't reflect anything about how the average worker is doing (not necessarily just blue collar). It only shows how profitable a company is. Even if they do start hiring, the average middle class worker won't be better off than their counterparts a generation ago - notwithstanding today's higher tech goodies. The benefits of the increase in wealth go mostly to the top 1% and certainly the top 10%.

Back in the 90s, there was a guy named "Chainsaw Al" Dunlap, with a reputation for whipping companies into shape. Sunbeam, Kimberly Clark, other companies. He slashed costs mercilessly, raised the stock prices of the company, Wall Street *loved* him! Similar story about Ken Lay of Enron (an energy trading company) and Bernie Ebbers of WorldCom (a 90s telecom company).

By the end of that decade and certainly 2002, he and other celebrated CEO's were either in jail or thoroughly discredited. I know about Bernie Ebbers because I lived only 20 minutes from WorldCom's HQ at the time. It's collapse made me think "You know, I'd better leave this place and go to Dallas".

Last edited by Phil75230; 01-02-2018 at 05:46 PM..

Old 01-02-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am not sure of the number of years either, but that misses the point of my comment.

It is completely disingenuous for the (D's) to complain that the middle class tax cuts is not permanent, yet they, not the (R's), were to blame for it.

It would be the equivalent of telling the police how horrible drivers are because a pedestrian was hit and killed while blaming another motorist. Yet all the while this hypocrite has blood on his car from actually being the one who hit the pedestrian to begin with.
bullshoot.

The Democrats are not in government to assist a party trying to give massive tax breaks to the mega rich. in fact the democrats as the minority are supposed to act as a check on the majority. Did politics and governing 101 ????
Dems are not there to "help" trump do something they disagree with. ie dems say tax cuts should be for turtles Repubs say for dogs....
are dems obligated to assist repubs give dogs a tax break of massive size in order to get a few scraps for their turtles??? nope they are not, and in fact they would be doing a disservice to their supporters if they did.

It is every noticeable that the weak Republican party continues to blame the minority for not carrying out Repub dirty work for them. The republicans did not allow the Dems to contribute in anyway,other than that which was absolutely required to by house and senate rules. Anywhere they could be locked out they were.
In fact lobbyists gave the dems their first look at the tax bill not Repubs...

the farce here is that 1 year in and 3 failed bills later the repubs finally hand over trillions in tax cuts to a tiny minority and the Cult is so so so desperate for a win, they lap it up like dogs eating their own vomit.

The cult does not hold itself dearly , they sold out for cents on the dollar just to feel like they won. Meanwhile capital once again slapped labor in the face and laughed its butt off.

capital won.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Trump promised the moon (or at least the highest moutain peak in the red states) and delivered an even bigger swamp. I'm talking The Everglades with seasons.

Oh please! The stock market doesn't reflect anything about how the average worker is doing (not necessarily just blue collar). It only shows how profitable a company is. Even if they do start hiring, the average middle class worker won't be better off than their counterparts a generation ago - notwithstanding today's higher tech goodies. The benefits of the increase in wealth go mostly to the top 1% and certainly the top 10%.
yep, only about 50% of american hold stock even indirectly (401k etc) and most people under 50 have damn all in that too..

the vast majority of investment wealth goes to the holders of capital. 80% of all stock wealth is held by the top 10% with the last 20% of stocks spread cross the next 40% leaving the bottom half with nothing of note.

and that is generous, because much of that 80% is in the top percentile...

the new tax code was drafted by ex goldman sachs staff, not by donald or ryan or mitch. Ryan and mitch followed the outline provided....

Goldman sachs the kings of capital wrote a tax plan that has special carve outs just for them and huge carve out for real estate investors (larger scale, not mom pop own 3 homes type)

fiscally literate people can see what was done and will be done with this code. throwing the plebes a few k a household kept them quiet while the dirty deed was being done. And the leaders of the GOP will all depart so that the new leaders can have plausible deniability..

Me i get at least 5 digit reduction in taxes so it is an easy win and once the nooks and crannies are delved into we will all be discussing how to best avail of these new low low rates...

Old 01-02-2018, 06:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
It is possible that Trump's handlers keep him on the golf course as much as possible to keep him away from the Twitter and the Nuclear War button. I know he has to be carefully handled because he is extremely dangerous. I don't think in the end they will be able to keep him from getting us into nuclear war, but I think Trump actually is stupid enough to think thermo-nuclear war can have a winner.
What does BS taste like since you are up to your mouth in it?

Old 01-02-2018, 10:00 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
We all know Trump promised healthcare for all. So when will he deliver on that. The only way is single payer which republicans refuse. So there is no way he can deliver that promise.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:25 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
How can you tell when Toxic Dump is lying? You will know it when his lips are moving. He is the laughing stock of the nations, an utter embarrassment and reproach to the U.S. , a clown, and frankly, very low I.Q. He is also a loser - all his businesses went bankrupt because he has no idea how to run a business, and clearly has no idea how American government is supposed to function. The only people who like Trump are those who lack critical thinking skills and are fairly uneducated. They hate science and facts. 2018 is going to be a very, very hard year to endure.
You speak about a lack of education but you say all of his businesses went bankrupt.

I'm no Trump MAGA ballswinger, but you are a bit wrong there, are you not?

He has no idea how to run a business? You cannot be serious. You don't wind up a billionaire if you're what you claim Trump to be.

You like to talk about critical thinking skills, but we have a large portion of the US who blindly consumes "news" that tells us how dumb, or horrible, or whatever Trump is today.

Look at the many videos on YouTube of these "educated" folk who agree with every point of the new tax bill when it is attributed to Bernie. These are the people getting this education you speak of (er-mah-gerd, ended sentence with preposition, argument invalid)

The smartest people I know have no college degree. They have manged to do quite well for themselves without an education. I suppose they're lucky. Are you assuming a college degree magically bestows a level of intelligence upon someone, the likes us high school graduate peons could only dream to achieve?

Science and facts are great. Until they are politicized. In most circles, when you double down on false statements, you tend to lose credibility. It would seem in the scientific world this means nothing if the results of a study are in line with your political leanings.

I voted for Trump. This clearly means I deny any scientific findings and I have no critical thinking skills. And, here I was thinking science is fascinating. I apparently do not. I'm so glad you cleared that up for me. I now feel the need to sell my home and finance a double-wide. Perhaps I will buy an old Camaro and don a denim jacket and grow the most bad-ass of mullets. Maybe I need to go to the pawn shop and acquire a fake gold necklace and start beating my wife. Your rant certainly leads me to believe this is what you think of me. Why should I disappoint you?

Old 01-02-2018, 10:30 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We all know Trump promised healthcare for all. So when will he deliver on that. The only way is single payer which republicans refuse. So there is no way he can deliver that promise.

The only way it is now attainable is single-payer because of the CF the Democrats laid at our feet. We certainly can't jam that genie back in the bottle. You can't just give free **** and then take it away. It's been admitted that PPACA was destined to fail, and lead to single-payer. Why more people don't feel betrayed by such a hoodwink is what blows me away. It was built to fail. Planned obsolescence.

Hey, let's give the government more of our income. That works every time. They'll never ask for more.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:34 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
The only way it is now attainable is single-payer because of the CF the Democrats laid at our feet. We certainly can't jam that genie back in the bottle. You can't just give free **** and then take it away. It's been admitted that PPACA was destined to fail, and lead to single-payer. Why more people don't feel betrayed by such a hoodwink is what blows me away. It was built to fail. Planned obsolescence.

Hey, let's give the government more of our income. That works every time. They'll never ask for more.
Why can't this country have the same health insurance as our government. Why does no one question that

Old 01-02-2018, 10:34 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
What Trump Promised and What He Delivered
He promised he would undo Obama. So far, so good.
It may take a while to unravel 8 years of damage.

Meanwhile, I see that innocent policemen are still being ambushed by Obama era holdovers, so we have a ways to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies