Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2019, 10:23 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,696,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Ha, "Obama magic"....At least you admit its just all smoke and mirrors with these politicians and die hard party loyalists. The guy stepped into what was one of the worst economies in the history of our country, no magic, just normal market behavior to trend up after that disaster.
No, I am just playing off those MN (initials for a slight against Obama) comments and the witch doctor pictures you guys celebrated.....

He was a steady hand at the tiller if nothing else. That is what it take to even attempt to right the ship.

Chaos never wins. It wouldn't matter what type of chaos Trump sows...it never ends up building things.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:26 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,696,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
China getting hit !!!

China’s yuan on track for worst day in nearly 4 years as trade war escalates
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chi...dist=bigcharts
No one cares. Really.

Decent people want everyone to thrive in peace. They don't get excited when libs or chinese are "owned" by bigly words.

The idea that I am supposed to care that Trump hurts everyone in the market.....and somehow celebrate that...is fantastic.

After all, they can't buy as many Kusher Condos either.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:26 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,990,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No, I am just playing off those MN (initials for a slight against Obama) comments and the witch doctor pictures you guys celebrated.....

He was a steady hand at the tiller if nothing else. That is what it take to even attempt to right the ship.

Chaos never wins. It wouldn't matter what type of chaos Trump sows...it never ends up building things.
Can you tell me what "MN" stands for and what pictures I celebrated? You seem to have me confused with someone else here.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:29 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,221,768 times
put a dem in the white house and the market will tank 20% or more.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:38 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
You mean like it did under Obama?
Oh wait, it more than DOUBLED.

Or maybe you mean like it did under Clinton?
Oh wait, it it nearly TRIPLED.

So maybe you mean the Republican George W Bush?
It lost 25%.
Yeah that's what you meant to say.

You folks get soooooo confused.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2481/sto...e-by-president

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ent/index.html

Ken

Old 05-13-2019, 10:41 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,407,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

It lost 25%.

Ken

Exactly, Trump is sowing the seeds of the coming collapse of the strong US economy that he inherited from Obama. When it comes it will make W's recession look like a cake walk.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:44 AM

20,884 posts, read 9,572,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Somebody doesn't seem to be aware that the stock market has historically done better under democrats than republicans.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:46 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Somebody doesn't seem to be aware that the stock market has historically done better under democrats than republicans.
Yeah, and not just "better", a LOT BETTER.

Ken

Old 05-13-2019, 10:49 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,012,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It doesn't make sense to me. It seems like with Democrats in control we get more stable, With Republicans we get more wild swings with things in the economy and stock markets. I'd prefer a slower steady rate than some big boom followed by a massive bust. I thought this country learned for a good while from the 2nd term of the George W Bush administration. We were at a peak of a bubble then and it just crashed after tax cuts and 2 wars. Trump at least hasn't started more wars (yet) but the same ideology is there. Cut taxes but don't decrease government spending..

Old 05-13-2019, 10:50 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,990,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

It lost 25%.

Ken
Correlation does not imply causation. One day voters on both sides will realize that, and we will be better off politically and they will be better off financially. Until then, stupidity rules for the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies