Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2019, 10:48 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,839,833 times

Advertisements

China's growth rate needs to be "above" 6% for real (not their inflated rate) growth. Why? Well, as their economy expands the infrastructure needs to build out too. Think of it as "impact fees" for their economic expansion.

As an example... We already have the largest machine in the world (electric grid), the interstate highway system and vast networks for moving materials. There's much, much more.

Yes much of our infrastructure isn't as new as China's, but we have way, way more already in place. We do need to repair and rebuild in many places.

6% real growth is break even, for China and they're retracting now.

Old 08-24-2019, 01:13 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,677,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
That was good for a laugh
If you want a productive thread look for something on the DIY YouTube or Instagram sites
None of these discussion threads are “productive”
They are mental gum chewing for the most part...
Lol, fair enough.

Old 08-24-2019, 01:39 PM

48,560 posts, read 34,935,042 times
I'm stealing "mental chewing gum", it will work better than "mental masturbation" in mixed company.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-24-2019, 04:41 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,937,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Even if an economy of China's size is growing at "only" 6%, that means it adds new output equal to the entire German economy every 4 years.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with addressing trade issues with China.

It's the methodology that is the problem.

AND has not proven to be anymore effective than diplomacy in spite of Trump and his fans and all their claims.

Two and a half years in and we are no further ahead with trade deficit than we were the day Trump took office.
I would think (although haven’t checked) that our trade deficit is actually worse than before Trump took office

Old 08-24-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm stealing "mental chewing gum", it will work better than "mental masturbation" in mixed company.
Thanks—that better than a rep point...

Old 08-24-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
So employment is good.... right? I see the glass half full... sorry. I see new markets who aren't communists.

I ALSO see opportunity for those who want to get green cards, I see opportunity for small business, I see opportunity for less bottom liners in business and a return more opportunity for workers, I see Mexico and Canada (USMCA) as reaping more benefits. I see opportunity for central America where economic hardships are creating mass migration for employment to the US, I see the EU joining the USA to see China as an economic adversary... so I am thinking, and it's not stinkin' thinking, such as the sky is falling.

... just sayin.
Why does it matter if a market is Communistic or not?
You are seeing opportunity
And yes some of those opinions I share
But the GOP surely does not
There will be no aid money for Central/South America to help deal with why migrants are coming north
Because to admit climate change is happening is verboten—

And Trump hates the EU really more than he hates China because the EU has ties to NATO and Trump wants to dissolve NATO if he can

Old 08-25-2019, 06:42 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,839,833 times
I do not espouse the platform of the GOP, but I do support those whose actions and ideas come closest to mine.

If what I said didn't resonate or you can't "understand" it... sorry. Oh, and your wrong too.... so there's that.

Old 08-25-2019, 07:51 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,349,565 times
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ks-into-danger

For the third time this month, a sell-off has pushed the S&P 500 below a level that matches its high-water mark from January 2018, meaning people who bought back then, during the biggest rally of Donald Trump’s presidency, remain stuck. Of greater interest to chart analysts, the index now sits just 7 points above lows set during earlier August plunges

Old 08-25-2019, 10:30 AM

20,884 posts, read 9,576,254 times
Interesting.

“Impossible” Events are on the Rise…
Quote:
A 4-sigma event would be expected to happen once or twice in a trading lifetime – according to the most popular VaR-based risk models. We’ve seen 10 of those this month in Treasuries. What we should have learned from the GFC has been all but forgotten. What the market had considered to be impossibilities (or at least highly unlikely…) is quickly becoming the norm.

Indeed, the number of explosive moves that we’ve seen to start the month of August in “safe havens” is on par with what we saw during the worst months of the crisis. We still have 2 weeks to go.

What’s incredible is how little the broad investor universe seems to care, leaving the weakest parts of the capital structure the most exposed.

Old 08-25-2019, 07:16 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,247,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Why does it matter if a market is Communistic or not?
You are seeing opportunity
And yes some of those opinions I share
But the GOP surely does not
There will be no aid money for Central/South America to help deal with why migrants are coming north
Because to admit climate change is happening is verboten—

And Trump hates the EU really more than he hates China because the EU has ties to NATO and Trump wants to dissolve NATO if he can
I think it's more that Putin wants to dissolve NATO if he can, and of course his lapdog Trump does his bidding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies