Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 04:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times

Advertisements

Google has a VERY high percentage of Muslims (Pakistanis, mostly) and Indians.......not exactly white males. In fact, it all my google communication I only spoke to one white male.

I've been to goog seminars - usually females are running them.

Tough case....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 04:57 PM

1,239 posts, read 511,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nah. Google will get killed by the internal emails and social media. They used the wrong words. They establish a climate hostile to white males.
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If that dude could get some sexy women to befriend him it would all be over. But he can't.
I've got the same theory. Dude was pissed seeing women at work because it was just another woman who wouldn't sleep with him.
Quote:
Google has a VERY high percentage of Muslims (Pakistanis, mostly) and Indians.......not exactly white males. In fact, it all my google communication I only spoke to one white male.

Tough case....
Yea, except for the fact that the legal system will use actual numbers that don't at all line up with your anecdotal views.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
There is however apparently an exception where the view conflicts with the companies "business. model". I can see Google climbing all over that one.
I would think though that the plantiffs are in pretty good shape on the white male thing.b
Then Google likely will win then. This went against company policy and he was fired for such. The guy will be the ultimate loser in the end with nobody willing to hire him.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:12 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,279,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Considering the post I quoted was talking about how Google refused to HIRE white males, I stand by my response.

While you are technically correct, your example is a bit out there. If a lawyer could find a strong argument that a company that was 100% white males, fired someone for being a white male, they should have an automatic induction into the Hall of Fame.

He wasn't fired because he was white, he wasn't fired because he was male, and the only leftover question is if it was over political beliefs.

He will get blown out of the water, and I hope we can have additional discourse when that happens.

That being said, he identifies as a Conservative Republican, and his main point was that women are inferior.
I don't think that's political at all. Is the Republican stance that women are inferior?
Then if GOOG refused to hire white males, they are not abiding by California's FEHA regs either. You cannot discriminate by gender, race, ethnicity, political beliefs, religion, orientation, or disability . It's not that if someone is white, straight, male they're open season on discrimination, any more than black, female and homosexual. None are factors to determine whether or not someone is appropriate to hire.

His main point wasn't that women are inferior, it was that they were different to men. If different means inferior in your opinion that says more about you than him.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:13 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Then Google likely will win then. This went against company policy and he was fired for such. The guy will be the ultimate loser in the end with nobody willing to hire him.
Google is doomed. The emails and social media will kill them. My guess is he will settle for 10 million or so and Google will change corporate policy to at least hide that nonsense out of recoverable space.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:27 PM

1,239 posts, read 511,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Then if GOOG refused to hire white males, they are not abiding by California's FEHA regs either. You cannot discriminate by gender, race, ethnicity, political beliefs, religion, orientation, or disability . It's not that if someone is white, straight, male they're open season on discrimination, any more than black, female and homosexual. None are factors to determine whether or not someone is appropriate to hire.

His main point wasn't that women are inferior, it was that they were different to men. If different means inferior in your opinion that says more about you than him.
What? Google doesn't refuse to hire white men, and the white men who make these decisions at Google dont fire people for being white men.

He can keep repeating that he was saying that women are 'different' but his colleagues, superiors, and Google's lawyers obviously felt differently.

His examples were akin to men are good at thinking, and women are good in the kitchen. See, different, not worse.
Or Liberals are good at being decent human beings with fully functional brains, and conservatives are good at being emotionally stunted hateful drones. Not worse, just different.

Am I allowed to bump this thread for a victory lap when this suit goes nowhere?

Old 01-11-2018, 06:28 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:

Tough case....
The guy got fired because he's an *******.

Now the snowflake is just crying and throwing a fit.

Yeah, we've all got 2nd amendment rights to freedom of speech blah blah blah. In this day and age though many are still learning that doesn't mean others have to tolerate your garbage.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:17 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Google "American Inventors" and tell me what you see.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:34 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Google is doomed. The emails and social media will kill them. My guess is he will settle for 10 million or so and Google will change corporate policy to at least hide that nonsense out of recoverable space.
He'll be lucky to settle. Corporate policy is covered for firing based on political statements in California. Case closed. If I were the judge this suit was brought to, I'd throw it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies