Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2018, 02:26 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
A caller into Rush Limbaugh just said, "If paying off a hooker in DC is a crime, Washington will become a ghost town, so Trump really will have been responsible for draining the swamp!"

You cite Limbaugh on here often. Nobody really cares what Limbaugh says because he is nothing more than a windbag in the same class as Hannity.
I thought Rush retired years ago after his Oxy addiction made him deaf.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:35 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i do
Tragic.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:36 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
He is only partially deaf. He only hears propaganda and conspiracy theories from the extreme right.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Doesn't this seem like something your attorneys would need to know?!

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/sta...08402041151491
One of the reasons he has trouble finding lawyers that will work for him.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
He was also leaving the country if Obamacare passed. He is still here.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:21 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Oh please stop lol.

The Currency Transaction Reporting requirements only cover cash. Read the law and stop with the ignorance.

That's the problem. You keep laser focus on the wrong law. Hastert was NOT charged with violating the The Currency Transaction Reporting.

He was charged with avoiding government surveillance. A completely different set of laws.

To make it even easier for you, here is the Dennis Hastert indictment:
Hastert indictment

He was charged with violating Title 31, US Code 5324(a)(3).

You can find the law here:
Title 31. Code 5324

You don't see see the word "cash" appears anywhere, do you?! Does the law says "personal checks" are ok???? In fact, the law says "any transaction". ANY TRANSACTION done with a criminal nature to deceive is a violation of the law. Any transaction means ANY type of financial instrument, be it cash, check, or gold.

I rest my case. You can begin another dance now.

Last edited by beb0p; 05-03-2018 at 03:46 PM..

Old 05-03-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I think you need to size up on your tinfoil hat. And there is no campaign finance law violation.

The law begs to differ.

Quote:
Giuliani Accidentally Confirms That Cohen’s Payment to Stormy Daniels Was a Campaign Finance Violation

Previously, Trump had insisted that his lawyer Michael Cohen unilaterally decided to buy his (alleged) paramour’s silence in October 2016 — and that he never reimbursed Cohen for that expense. That narrative did nothing to refute the charge that Cohen’s payment violated campaign finance law: Paying someone not to disclose information that would damage a political campaign qualifies as an “in-kind contribution” to that campaign, under federal rules, and $130,000 is far more than any individual can contribute to a single campaign. Still, if Cohen hadn’t been repaid, then the offense was his own.

But on Hannity, Giuliani insisted that “the president repaid it,” suggesting that this rendered the payment “not campaign money,” and that therefore, there was “no campaign finance violation.” Alas, this analysis was entirely wrong: While Trump could legally make contributions of any size to his own campaign, his campaign cannot accept loans of any size from outside contributors; and if Cohen made a $130,000 payment to Daniels with the intention of aiding Trump’s candidacy, and was subsequently reimbursed, then that payment would constitute an excessively large loan — and the Trump campaign’s failure to report it would have been a campaign finance violation.

There is no "if", "and", or "but" that law was broken. The only question is who's guilty? Is it Cohen alone, or is it Cohen and Trump.

And based on what was said yesterday, it is Cohen and Trump.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:39 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That's the problem. You keep laser focus on the wrong law. Hastert was NOT charged with violating the The Currency Transaction Reporting.

He was charged with avoiding government surveillance. A completely different set of laws.

Once again, Read the link I provided to the court filing.

There is no such crime as avoiding government surveillance lol.

Hastert was specifically charged with structuring financial transactions to avoid Currency Transaction Reports which once again apply only to cash.

And, once again if a law doesn't apply to your financial transaction, you cant be charged with breaking the law to avoid that nonexistent law.

I don't expect you to understand this because you are fixated on your incorrect interpretation of what went on re Hastert and in general.

But, you will need to find someone else to spell it out for you. I am done.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:43 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
He is only partially deaf. He only hears propaganda and conspiracy theories from the extreme right.
Ironic that the titular head of the party of family values is an opiate addict.It makes more sense now that we are in the GOP's 'grab them by the *****, move on her like a *****' era.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
There is no such crime as avoiding government surveillance lol.

Hastert was specifically charged with structuring financial transactions to avoid Currency Transaction Reports which once again apply only to cash.

And, once again if a law doesn't apply to your financial transaction, you cant be charged with breaking the law to avoid that nonexistent law.

I don't expect you to understand this because you are fixated on your incorrect interpretation of what went on re Hastert and in general.

But, you will need to find someone else to spell it out for you. I am done.

You didn't read my entire post, I have copied it below:

To make it even easier for you, here is the Dennis Hastert indictment:
Hastert indictment

He was charged with violating Title 31, US Code 5324(a)(3).

You can find the law here:
Title 31. Code 5324

You don't see see the word "cash" appears anywhere, do you?! Does the law says "personal checks" are ok???? In fact, the law says "any transaction". ANY TRANSACTION done with a criminal nature to deceive is a violation of the law. Any transaction means ANY type of financial instrument, be it cash, check, or gold.

I rest my case. You can begin another dance now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies