Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2018, 09:18 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,556,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Too funny.

Love the bit about Giuliani's Advent calendar where he reveals a new crime at every interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1K8s-tQGqY
I was just going to post this because it was so funny!

Old 05-06-2018, 09:24 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,854,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Meeting with a woman to see if she would be a good fit for "The Apprentice" is NOT an "affair".
Just a lineup for Trump to pick from.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:11 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
michael cohen already admitted in court filings that trump and daniels had an affair.
it should be amazing at the number of trumpies that can't accept basic truths...but oh wait, never mind

Old 05-06-2018, 12:37 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,589,410 times
My summary of this 'Stormy thing':

Trump had intercourse with Stormy then they subsequently had meetings to discuss appearance on The Apprentice years ago (6, 7, 8 - doesn't matter). She then discussed it with her associates and considered marketing her story. This came to the attention of Trump/Cohen. One of them sent a 'thug' to encounter her in Los Vegas where she was staying to scare her silent.

I am not sure when, on this timeline, that Stormy wrote a denial of her sexual encounter with Trump. Definitely after the encounter with the 'thug'.

Shortly before the presidential election Stormy's then attorney presented her with an agreement where she would keep silent in return for $130,000 and specific commitments by Trump. The agreement contains financial penalty clause if violated. Trump did not sign that agreement. The validity of that agreement is now being litigated because Cohen (and now Trump) threaten to enforce the penalty clause.

When Stormy started to discuss Trump and their intimate encounter Cohen threatened to sue for violations of the agreement. BIG MISTAKE, IF COHEN AND TRUMP HAD BEEN DISMISSIVE OF THE STORY it might have died there but upon threat of enforcement Stormy obtained the services of attorney Michael Venditti who counter punched.

Now Cohen, Trump and their representatives are spinning stories that are inconsistent and lack credibility.
----

I suspect that there is something much bigger behind the 'Stormy thing' episode. If it were only a campaign contribution violation it would be easy to say oops, plead stupidity and pay a fine. Maybe the bigger thing is financial fraud where the 'Stormy thing' is a minor piece. There would need to be something much more significant to justify all those search warrants. Likely Cohen came to the attention of Muller because of his contacts with Russian immigrant Felix Sater during the 2016 Campaign (Sater is now a FBI and intelligence agency informant according to the NYT). Evidently Muller concluded that Cohen's potential illegal activities included much beyond his mandate so he handed it off the SNY. It is probable that Cohen would have been under investigation without the 'Stormy thing' but it does provide a window into the investigation for the public to look through.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:40 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,096,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
michael cohen already admitted in court filings that trump and daniels had an affair.
Oh no, not facts! Trump supporters hate facts!

Old 05-06-2018, 12:42 PM

51,657 posts, read 25,882,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
My summary of this 'Stormy thing':

Trump had intercourse with Stormy then they subsequently had meetings to discuss appearance on The Apprentice years ago (6, 7, 8 - doesn't matter). She then discussed it with her associates and considered marketing her story. This came to the attention of Trump/Cohen. One of them sent a 'thug' to encounter her in Los Vegas where she was staying to scare her silent.

I am not sure when, on this timeline, that Stormy wrote a denial of her sexual encounter with Trump. Definitely after the encounter with the 'thug'.

Shortly before the presidential election Stormy's then attorney presented her with an agreement where she would keep silent in return for $130,000 and specific commitments by Trump. The agreement contains financial penalty clause if violated. Trump did not sign that agreement. The validity of that agreement is now being litigated because Cohen (and now Trump) threaten to enforce the penalty clause.

When Stormy started to discuss Trump and their intimate encounter Cohen threatened to sue for violations of the agreement. BIG MISTAKE, IF COHEN AND TRUMP HAD BEEN DISMISSIVE OF THE STORY it might have died there but upon threat of enforcement Stormy obtained the services of attorney Michael Venditti who counter punched.

Now Cohen, Trump and their representatives are spinning stories that are inconsistent and lack credibility.
----

I suspect that there is something much bigger behind the 'Stormy thing' episode. If it were only a campaign contribution violation it would be easy to oops, plead stupidity and pay a fine. Maybe the bigger thing is financial fraud where the 'Stormy thing' is a minor piece. There would need to be something much more significant to justify all those search warrants. Likely Cohen came to the attention of Muller because of his contacts with Russian immigrant Felix Sater during the 2016 Campaign (Sater is now a FBI and intelligence agency informant according to the NYT). Evidently Muller concluded that Cohen's potential illegal activities included much beyond his mandate so he handed it off the SNY. It is probable that Cohen would have been under investigation without the 'Stormy thing' but it does provide a window into the investigation for the public to look through.
Bingo.

Inconsistent and lack credibility? I should say.

Old 05-06-2018, 01:37 PM

21,174 posts, read 19,780,533 times
About 20 years ago the Democrats convinced me I shouldn’t worry about the Presidents’s personal life.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:09 PM

I really don't worry about another person's personal life. The 'Stormy thing' isn't about the sex it is about attempting to intimidate and incidentally maybe violating election law.

Unlike the MeToo women this was between consenting adults. Stormy has asserted that she was not coerced in any way.

The problem with Trump's behavior is that he attempts to hide it and that exposes him to being compromised by a foreign power or others who are seeking leverage. The hiding behavior involves payoffs and threats of defamation suits (which have never been filed).

Old 05-06-2018, 02:10 PM

6,234 posts, read 3,618,022 times
The Democrats love Stormy so much, they should run her as their candidate in 2020.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:13 PM

Actually many would like Michael Venetti to run for public office. I doubt he would as he obviously loves being a lawyer and is very good at his craft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies