Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 05:24 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obama promised to do just that and then broke that promise first thing. Hardly anyone said a word. We can not change things unless people are willing hold politicians accountable.
Part of the problem is the brainwashing involved by the corporate media.
They know the people are fed up, so they rewrite the script with Trump, a billionaire that admittedly purchased politicians to further his interests, and is going to work for the American People lol.

And we have people lapping up the drivel lol.

Trump loads his admin with Goldman Sachs Members like Obama and he is working for the average American lol

Get me the barf bag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Anyone CAN incorporate...want that influence money? No problem, create a product or service that serves the consumer better and wait 5-30 years to be a big corporation...

...You gotta start somewhere. Apple, Microsoft, Amazon and others all started with an idea.

As for the title: "Grant everyone the same power as Corporations"

No one "GRANTED" that power to the corporations....they went out there and EARNED it.
Sure, I want to drive the monopolies into the ground that own our government.
Lets start with the Big ISPs.

Google tried it and failed.
Sure, keep dreaming pal!

Do you have a few billion dollars for the average American to compete with the Big Monopolies that own this country?

They went out and earned the right to corruption - OK

Old 01-27-2018, 05:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Part of the problem is the brainwashing involved by the corporate media.
They know the people are fed up, so they rewrite the script with Trump, a billionaire that admittedly purchased politicians to further his interests, and is going to work for the American People lol.

And we have people lapping up the drivel lol.

Trump loads his admin with Goldman Sachs Members like Obama and he is working for the average American lol

Get me the barf bag
Trump, Trump, Trump. Trump is doing what he was elected to do. Unless those who want an alternative, demand it and accept nothing less there never will be one.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:29 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Citizen has one vote. Corporation has none.
And if you think voting means anything, anything at all, you deserve the crony capitalist system funded by the Banking Families you live under.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:29 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
I don't because I know who they serve.
The last 6 presidents including Trump are Corporate and Banking Lackeys.

I see no different between Obama and Trump where they both serve the Corporate and Banking Elite rather than this country.
I have a significant amount of money invested in 401Ks and IRAs. That makes me a stockholder-those boards and CEOs work for ME. If the higher-paid, highly skilled, in demand CEOs can deliver a better return on my investment than someone with an IQ of 75 working for minimum wage-so be it. Don't like it? Don't buy stock in that company? Or DO, and then use your power as a shareholder to change their practices.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Sure, I want to drive the monopolies into the ground that own our government.
Lets start with the Big ISPs.

Google tried it and failed.
Sure, keep dreaming pal!

Do you have a few billion dollars for the average American to compete with the Big Monopolies that own this country?

They went out and earned the right to corruption - OK
The corporations are only partners with the governments of the world.

It's the monetary system that needs abolished. Freedom of movement, association, non-monopolized currencies backed by force will end the slavery system set down by your overlords.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:32 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And if you think voting means anything, anything at all, you deserve the crony capitalist system funded by the Banking Families you live under.
Oh I have missed you. LOL.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I certainly believe this would be a different world if President Obama would have been the person Candidate Obama said he was going to be and there is no reason other than no one held him accountable that he wasn't.

I certainly believe it would be a different country today if Sanders had won.

If the corporate wing of the (D) party picks the candidate again, it will make no difference who wins.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have a significant amount of money invested in 401Ks and IRAs. That makes me a stockholder-those boards and CEOs work for ME. If the higher-paid, highly skilled, in demand CEOs can deliver a better return on my investment than someone with an IQ of 75 working for minimum wage-so be it. Don't like it? Don't buy stock in that company? Or DO, and then use your power as a shareholder to change their practices.
How about some personal responsibility and not relying on the government to prop up wall street and not relying on corporations to prop it up either?
How about savings instead like American Families used to do?

You do know, most small business started with savings and were not beholden to the bankers and criminals in finance?
Look around you.
They have elevated and inflated the costs of everything, from housing to medical in order to make bank.
They have outsourced jobs in order to make bank and in the process have destroyed this country.

There are more people homeless today than ever because of this.

Last edited by J746NEW; 01-27-2018 at 05:44 PM..

Old 01-27-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I certainly believe this would be a different world if President Obama would have been the person Candidate Obama said he was going to be and there is no reason other than no one held him accountable that he wasn't.

I certainly believe it would be a different country today if Sanders had won.

If the corporate wing of the (D) party picks the candidate again, it will make no difference who wins.
Agreed
Nothing is going to change if we elect another corporate and banking elite.
It will be the same BS as we have had in the last 5 presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies