Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 07:52 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
How is shaving the same as menstruating?

I hope those who are complaining carry around their own toilet paper and would never accept any off the free roll in the facilities.
Toilet paper in a public restroom isn't the same as tampons any more that shaving is the same as menstruating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 08:00 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Not from this woman.
You may not understand about menstruation but I'm sure you understand economics and personal responsibility.
It seems this new generation of young people have never heard of personal responsibility and self sufficiency. I cant believe there are young women out there who actually believe it is someone else's place to provide them with feminine hygiene products.
The world has gone mad.
Amen! It's getting to the point that I may start my own womens' march.

The "All normal women who pay for their own crap and are sick to death of whiny women bitching about dumb shat!" women's march.

Who is with me?

Old 01-29-2018, 08:03 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Entitlement mentality. Everything should be free, right?

Old 01-29-2018, 08:03 AM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There was no menstrual blood on display.
It was "fake" menstrual blood on display on their pants, at least they said it was "fake".

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
LMAO!

Look, you need a product? Pay for it. It's that simple. Men pay for crap like shaving cream and stuff without complaint.

But if the campus men had a "die in" to protest the lack of spending on men's health, they would be labeled "evil MRA sexists and I'm TRIGGERED!"

Somehow, the #metoo/feminists will find a way to justify this: WHO | The men?s health gap: men must be included in the global health equity agenda

I can hear them now: "The WHO? Sexist patriarchy, that's who!"
You are talking "personal responsibility", I believe that is something of the past. I remember it, taught it to my kids, but............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Gives new meaning to the response to vocal protestors, "Put a Cork in it!"
Actually, many are using a new device that is sort of a cork. It is a reusable cup, much more environmentally friendly and in the long run saves money, lots of money actually. I would think college students would want to save the environment, so..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Back in my day in school, everybody took care of themselves.

What happened?
The death of "personal responsibility".

Quote:
Not from this woman.
You may not understand about menstruation but I'm sure you understand economics and personal responsibility.
It seems this new generation of young people have never heard of personal responsibility and self sufficiency. I cant believe there are young women out there who actually believe it is someone else's place to provide them with feminine hygiene products.
The world has gone mad.
Best response ^^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I care because these are your future corporate HR people, or government employees, or medical care workers. I sure hope the latter is not the case since the genius that started the protest seems to think some men have periods too.

They really need to get deprogrammed from their gender studies cult.
I suspect the dispensers in the men's room would be for transgendered males.

But, for those that did not click on the article: https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10432

Per that article:

"During the meeting, some senators pointed out that free menstrual products are already available on campus through the Field and Fork Pantry."

"Students are allowed to take up to three bags of menstrual products per week—each containing eight tampons, five liners, and five pads—but student activists retorted that the option is too limited."

If that isn't adequate ^^^, then the female needs to see a physician. Seriously, that is a total in a month of 32 tampons, 20 liners and 20 pads.

***Count me in for the "Normal women" march! I am tired of being embarrassed as a woman in this country! We need to let the world know the majority of women are not like this in our country!!!

Old 01-29-2018, 08:13 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Amen! It's getting to the point that I may start my own womens' march.

The "All normal women who pay for their own crap and are sick to death of whiny women bitching about dumb shat!" women's march.

Who is with me?
I'm with you in spirit but I'm too busy working to pay for my crap and take care of my family to actually physically march.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
So they can afford the overpriced tuition but not a trip to Walgreens? GTFO of here with that.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:29 AM

11,794 posts, read 5,801,446 times
https://www.facebook.com/events/1672...tab=discussion

This is there Facebook page - it's hopping - not - I added a post composed of many of your thoughts here - unfortunately - it has to be approved by the administrators of the page - talk about Free Speech!

I'm a normal woman - I paid for my own monthly needs - these kids are really off in LaLa Land. Also all this carp will be on the net forever for everyone to see - so good luck explaining to employers your stupidity and support for these outrageous protests.

Because 55% of the student population is female and other Universities give these away - they want it too. Guess if you have an up and coming college freshman - you better check if she's female what their college choices provide so they don't end up embarrassing you with this drivel.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:26 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
Quote:
I'm with you in spirit but I'm too busy working to pay for my crap and take care of my family to actually physically march.
Lol. It will on the weekend but, if like so many that are working 9 jobs to pay for their own crap, please send in your cardboard cut-out...I will affix on a large stick with the caption "2mares is pizzed off too but she works unlike so many of the lazy!"

We will be burning pink hats & chanting witty things like "Get a job!" And "Get out of my wallet, whiny slackers!"

Old 01-29-2018, 01:35 PM

128 posts, read 97,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
So they can afford the overpriced tuition but not a trip to Walgreens? GTFO of here with that.
Tuition comes from "other people's money". Their parents, the taxpayers, etc, etc.

Old 01-29-2018, 01:59 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Not from this woman.
The world has gone mad.
Yeah. Agree with all this. I am a woman and these young morons do not reflect me in any way what-so-ever. They are embarrassing themselves, and I am embarrassed FOR them. Not only because they expect others to pay for their needs, but because they chose to display their demands and their outrage is such a disgusting and juvenile manner.

They are spoiled children. Spoiled children who get red faced and stomp their feet, who forget that the world doesn't give ONE DAMN about them (and that the only people who truly think that they're special are mommy and daddy), should not get what they want. The adults in the room need to start acting like the adults in the room, and these children need to be told to sit the hell down and shut the hell up.

Empowerment for women?? Cute little talking point. Now go vote as you have been told, little girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies