Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:04 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times

Advertisements

I am not 100% opposed to allowing DACA 'Dreamers' to stay but I do find it interesting that many Liberals say Dreamers shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of their parents yet they want to hold all people of European ancestry accountable for things that happened centuries ago, whether it's the Crusades, things Christopher Columbus did in 1492, dislocation of indigenous peoples, owning slaves prior to 1865, etc. Seems like a double standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 09:05 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Oh boy. Get ready for some fancy liberal doublespeak.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:07 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Interesting point, but contradiction is rather a staple of far left views. I am rather looking forward to seeing some responses defending this. Should be a fascinating read.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:10 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,907,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I am not 100% opposed to allowing DACA 'Dreamers' to stay but I do find it interesting that many Liberals say Dreamers shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of their parents yet they want to hold all people of European ancestry accountable for things that happened centuries ago, whether it's the Crusades, things Christopher Columbus did in 1492, dislocation of indigenous peoples, owning slaves prior to 1865, etc. Seems like a double standard.
No one holds INDIVIDUALS responsible for Columbus, Crusades, etc. Whereas the alt-right alt-white wants to punish the DACA kids INDIVIDUALLY.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:13 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
No one holds INDIVIDUALS responsible for Columbus, Crusades, etc. Whereas the alt-right alt-white wants to punish the DACA kids INDIVIDUALLY.
lol. You chose the correct username.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:18 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
They're wanting to single out individual DACA kids and punish each one separately? And here I thought it was a question of whether or not they would be allowed to stay in the country - as a group that falls under the category of DACA.

I have mixed views about DACA, but at least I know what the whole controversy is about.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:21 AM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
lol. You chose the correct username.
Translation: dothetwist made a perfectly logical reply but you do not know how to respond to it, so you attacked his/her username.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:36 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Liberals have the amazing ability to close their eyes and look the other way when it comes to situations that don't suit their views and agenda.

This was very evident in the election where they were pounding on Trump for so called scandals that happened decades earlier yet they turned a blind eye to their darling that was embroiled in ongoing current day scandals?

There is such a thing as Liberal Guilt that has them pushing to make amends for terrible times that are in the past such as the Crusades, Slavery and recently Columbus Day was renamed Indigenous Peoples Day.
They love to blame the actions of the past on the problems today. Sometimes cases can be made but they sure like to dig up the false outrages.
Can we have a round of reparations for the former slaves of 150 years ago please??

Maybe the Liberals have a dose of the dreaded "white privilege" and the guilt is crushing them so they pick and choose who they want to help and today it is the DACA people.

The Democrats are so wishy washy but I do give it to them that when the news letter goes out telling them what to be outraged about this week they all get on board as a united group.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:39 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Round them up so they can be punished as a group. Problem solved.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:40 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I am not 100% opposed to allowing DACA 'Dreamers' to stay.
I saw a republican congressman on CNN and he said "many of these DACA kids have been in America since they were 2-5 years old, and these kids grew up in America and they act and talk just like us, and it would be cruel to send them back to the countries where their parents are from."

I really agreed with what the congressman said.

Last edited by chad3; 01-30-2018 at 09:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies