Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 07:24 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,117,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You think this makes him look good to the country and the rest of the world? THIS is what you want from the leader of the free world?

Posting stuff like this just highlights how unfit he is to lead. Keep it up. The world needs to see what a childish, self-absorbed clown we have in the White House. You're doing our work for us, nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 07:25 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,107,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I voted for Trump and served 8 years in the military. We don’t need nor want such parades. .
Thank you for your service. You having served our nation, I value your opinion on all veteran-related issues over any non-veteran, to include the president.

As I pointed out yesterday, Rob O'Neil, the US NAVY Seal who killed Osama Bin Laden, called Trump's parade, and I quote, "third world bull****."

Old 02-09-2018, 07:26 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,182,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Knox, I had the same thought.

"Thousands of veterans in your reserved unit" ... Yeah OK, carry on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
^^^^ another boy scout puke questioning my service..... this gets better by the post.
^military surplus store camo veteran

Old 02-09-2018, 07:32 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,133,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You think this makes him look good to the country and the rest of the world? THIS is what you want from the leader of the free world?

Posting stuff like this just highlights how unfit he is to lead. Keep it up. The world needs to see what a childish, self-absorbed clown we have in the White House. You're doing our work for us, nonsense.
And weren't the Trumpies claiming just a few days ago that a big military parade would unite the country? And now they're claiming that the whole purpose of a military parade is to divide the country. Trumpies are so stupid they can't even keep their own story straight.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:37 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,123,269 times
The continuing use of the argument Trump is a troll is disturbing.

It doesn't make him better. The best trolls aren't the best leaders, the most intelligent, etc...they are the kind of folks living in a basement.....that's a sad state when Trump fans use this as support for his irrational behavior.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:39 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,123,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is definitely not something I would ever do. I would never use the argument the person I support is a good troll or using trolling for any reason.

It's sad...very sad. How do you make a country great when name calling & trolling are the tools you use to 'unite the country'?

Fortunately while I think there are many that think Trump is a good troll, most folks I know that are conservatives or Republicans or even in support of Trump would never use this as some kind of justification for his behavior. They know it is an insult to Trump and to those who try to defend his policies.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:46 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,918,098 times
I voted no. A free country shouldn’t have military parades. That’s something despots do. That said, it would be an interesting show to watch.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:52 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,037,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
A draft dodger wants to show off a military he felt he was too good to be a part of when it was his time to serve. So he lied his way out of service. Oh the irony.

Most of the draft dodgers went to Canada...........

Old 02-09-2018, 07:56 AM

19,912 posts, read 22,853,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so every President that has had a national military parade from Eisenhower, FDR, Truman, JFK, and others was because they wanted to boost their ego?

do you have a problem flying our fighting jets every year in the Super Bowl? isn't that showing off under your standards? where is the outrage?
Dude they log those hours for training.

The last parade I went to, which was the Victory Parade in 91 in DC they tugged aircraft through the streets- that's called an expense.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:58 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,037,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
^military surplus store camo veteran

Or perhaps he is an older veteran.........sometimes when you get older typing and word construction are not as good as it used to be...........do you know what a P-3 orion is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies