Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 12:39 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

At first I was doubtful, but you know what? This fits perfectly with the sort of country Trump and the Trumpers wish you to be. Have your parade. Show the world who you're turning into. It's only fitting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 12:48 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
There will come a day - soon, I hope - when Democrats and Republicans will work together, as they have in the past, for the good of the country.

That is what all Americans should want.

United we stand. Divided we fall.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:49 PM

863 posts, read 795,945 times
When I was in the military, if the Commander said, "gee, it would be nice if" or "I wouldn't mind" etc, you took that as a directive. And the higher up the food chain said Commander was, the more of a directive you took it to be. So I can completely understand General's in the Pentagon taking his "wouldn't it be nice" as a directive, since you can't get any higher on the Chain of Command than the President.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:58 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
There will come a day - soon, I hope - when Democrats and Republicans will work together, as they have in the past, for the good of the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post

That is what all Americans should want.

United we stand. Divided we fall.

Amen! (Waves American flag)

Old 02-07-2018, 01:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Democrats have always hated the military, acknowledging their service by holding a parade is something they'll find distasteful.
You right wingers are really starting to pyss me off with this crap.

If you want a parade, purchase some toy soldiers and create your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I like parades.
At a time when kids are being indoctrinated in anti-American leftist ideology. It makes a good counter balance to install some pride in being American that can carry over later in life.
That may be more important in the long run than the cost of a parade.
Again, play with your own time. Soldiers HATE parades, and they don’t wanna give up a valuable day off with their families just to march for you while you snack on nachos.

If you’d put in work instead of avoiding it, you’d know better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
As a veteran, I'm the exact opposite. I always view the military with pride, but the idea of showing it off is just silly. I've done my fair share of retirements, new commands, etc. and generally, they are a complete pain in the ass. They take away the troops from their day to day job, force them to work longer hours, and is a colossal waste of money and resources.
Thank you.

This is how I know who the REAL guys are who put in work. These other clowns who avoided it get their rocks off with this stupid nonsense about effin “parades†while they enjoy their days off with family.

Troops HATE parades...always have and always will. If these civilians want dog and pony shows, then have ‘em in your own podunk towns and leave the active duty military out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
He salutes them. At his inauguration he saluted the military people in the parade.

I have never been in the military either but I have greatest respect for those who have served.

Trump can be cringey on a lot of things but I do think he actually respects the military and veterans.
The idea of a parade is “cringey†by itself.

If you respect the military, then oppose this stupid monstrosity and waste of time and money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Can't believe we have a 39 page topic about something that Trump never said.

I guess it goes to show how Trump Haters still believe the MSM without question.
Trump called for it. There’s no sense in you insisting otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
bible thumping, gun tottin', third grade edjumacted, sister marryin' trumpster morons with bad teeth ain't saying a military parade is a good idea, we be saying it is not goose steppin' propaganda.

perhaps the military deserves some public praise these days. the armed forces are amazing people.

the hate is so evident on this thread. smdh
The only “hate†that’s relevant to this thread is the military’s hatred of parades.

You’re another one that didn’t put in work, but you now wanna sound so pro military.

If the military deserves some public praise, then Donald can call a presser and obsequiously proclaim his love for all things Pentagon. That’s cheaper, and he won’t end up pyssing off the military.

But the idea of a parade is stupid and narcissistic. This isn’t the damn Soviet Union.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:05 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
I'm not sure that's going to happen any time soon, but it is an idealistic goal for sure. The country is as divided as much as it has been since the Civil War. Trump goal is to exacerbate those divisions, and I think he is succeeding.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:09 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Or only liberals.
Yup.

I know many of my friends who held their nose when they voted Republican. They do not like the man at all.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:10 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I meant people seem to be so against this parade because Trump wants it bigly, but they bring up homeless vets deserving money as a reason to hate the parade? Clearly they just don't want this because Trump does want it.

It isn't double speak- a lot of people would attend a big military parade like that, it is interesting to see that stuff rolling along, that the public would otherwise never get to see. The parade isn't for Trump to see privately.
An advertisement for more Pentagon spending? You think?

Old 02-07-2018, 01:15 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Who in the h--- would want to watch a military parade? Plant yourself in your lazyboy and watch troops march down Pennsylvania Ave. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:26 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I'm not sure that's going to happen any time soon, but it is an idealistic goal for sure. The country is as divided as much as it has been since the Civil War. Trump goal is to exacerbate those divisions, and I think he is succeeding.
I have never believed that it was a good thing when the political pendulum swung too far in either direction. We have always done better as a nation when governed closer to the center, where the minority positions had to be considered.

Trump's stain on our history will be permanent, but I hope the damage to our system of government will be short-lived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies