Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 01:55 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,048,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Many are also getting raises. Don't be a party pooper just because you missed out.
Don't make ass-umptions about others just because YOU got duped by spraying your underoos over a PR- driven pittance of a one time bonus, while companies are laying off( Amazon + more) while enjoying tax cuts that don't expire while individual ones DO! I know I know, you got yours by being superior to everyone else.
More like being privileged and wanting to keep non privileged down as to not threaten your privileged way of life. I understand, i do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 02:12 AM

33,428 posts, read 12,718,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Bonuses are great, but it's a one time pay. I can't believe how many are giddy over this. The middle class need raises not bonuses.
The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:17 AM

18,481 posts, read 7,142,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Bonuses are great, but it's a one time pay. I can't believe how many are giddy over this. The middle class need raises not bonuses.

Yes it's just horrible ......

As opposed to the no bonuses and higher taxes they'd he paying under Democrats.

Never understood why bonuses are taxed at such a high rate anyways....

Kind of defeats the purpose.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:11 AM

30,464 posts, read 23,916,482 times
I support this 100%. Every bonus I have ever received has been taxed at 33% with the explanation that because it was a bonus, not part of the regular salary, I had to pay tax on all of it...equal to what I pay now working for myself.

Not getting taxed 33% on something that I got for doing more and better than asked or expected is fantastic.

Of course the left has a problem with it - they hate it when people are independent of the Dem plantation.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,826,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...elosi.amp.html
A Republican lawmaker is set to unveil legislation that would make most bonuses given out as a result of President Trump's tax reform plan tax-free -- and took a jab at House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi with the bill's name.
If you are going to make bonuses tax-free, then make all annual bonuses tax-free, not only a select ones to take childish political stabs.

What the heck is wrong with these people?

Old 02-14-2018, 04:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,826,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I support this 100%. Every bonus I have ever received has been taxed at 33% with the explanation that because it was a bonus, not part of the regular salary, I had to pay tax on all of it...equal to what I pay now working for myself.

Not getting taxed 33% on something that I got for doing more and better than asked or expected is fantastic.

Of course the left has a problem with it - they hate it when people are independent of the Dem plantation.
That won't change. This bill makes bonuses tax free only if you employer claims its because of Trumps tax plan. Of course your employer could lie and say your annual bonus is because of Trump, although it is really just an annual bonus you have been receiving every year.

Oh, wait, I work for myself too, and will give myself a bonus worth half my income and cut my taxes to half

Old 02-14-2018, 04:24 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,540,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
I’ll ask the one GOPer who is obviously doing this all for show

Let’s see if it even gets off the cutting room floor considering, the GOP already balls deep in debt they can’t go over a penny more
Every party has a pooper, and that's why they invited you

Old 02-14-2018, 04:25 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,420,874 times
The party of alleged fiscal responsibility has shown once again why it is the party of hypocrisy. When this fiscal house of cards they created crashes in a few years because of GOP irresponsibility, you can dig up this thread and see how you all were drinking champagne as the ship hit the iceberg.

However, I understand that "personal responsibility" is also a GOP term that they discard when it suits them...and it suits them often.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you are going to make bonuses tax-free, then make all annual bonuses tax-free, not only a select ones to take childish political stabs.

What the heck is wrong with these people
?
Thanks Finn!
You just reminded me how much I love that song, Man in the Mirror.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:52 AM

How about this one...
CRUMBS
Callous Raunchy Unhinged Make Bull Sht.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies