Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 06:13 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The **** he is. "White" like Esteban Santiago is "white". lol. Like I'm "Asian". (For the record, there isn't a shred of "Asian" DNA in my background.)
Hispanic isn't a race, it doesn't even exist outside the US, he IS white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 06:13 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You realize Laguna Beach is in California, right?

Its obviously not the same guy.

I think the Russians trolls got you again.
The funny part is people posted this picture with pictures of the real shooter who is skinnier, with red hair and a color of eyes I haven’t seen in my life directly under their post.
Honestly the shooter to me looks like a mass murderer just with his eyes and his red hair, I never understood the “gingers have no feelings” movement till now.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:14 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
What makes you say he is hispanic? He was adopted at birth in NY.

He is obviously white. Are you denying this?
Like I said, "media" will list him as "white hispanic", like this guy:

http://melanoidnation.org/white-hisp...rida-shooting/

Old 02-15-2018, 06:14 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
I live in Broward county, and I happen to know private schools do not have armed guards in every hallway. Have I been to every private school? No. Maybe there is a private school somewhere where that is the case, but clearly your argument fails (suggesting this cannot happen at a private school).
NO school in the US should have armed guards! That is horrendous, the US is supposed to be a first world country not a bloody war zone.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:17 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
government provided safety is a myth
100% correct.
They investigate the crime AFTER the fact. They cannot protect you from crime. Even the officer interviewed on camera yesterday said the exact same thing. They cannot roll a SWAT or Tactical Unit fast enough to eliminate or reduce the carnage, almost all of which is committed within the first 5 minutes of the attack.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:17 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Common Sense Gun Control? Explain in detail what that would be. When I was growing up, 70-80's we had guns in our trucks at school. No issues.
I think the biggest problem is the elephant in the room. Family. It starts there. No father, Mom has allot on the table to raise kids by herself. I.E. The early 1900 to 1960's showed the fallout of fathers leaving families to where boys ended up being raised a life in gangs. Hell Kitchen for example, etc etc.
Church. Yes, a Moral house to show kids right from wrong.. Laugh all you want, but its something positive if a kid grows up knowing right from wrong, remorse, guilt etc when he/she does something wrong.
One last thing, this was nothing more than a tantrum by a 19 year old. He didn't get his way, so he used a tool to kill as many as he could. Solves nothing.
I bet he is the kid who threw a tantrum in the check out line cause he couldn't get his candy. Mom caved and gave in because she was embarrassed. I am sure you all know this type of kid.
Flame on.....

Old 02-15-2018, 06:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Like I said, "media" will list him as "white hispanic", like this guy:

http://melanoidnation.org/white-hisp...rida-shooting/
You realize it is not the same event? The Ft Lauderdale airport shooter actually was a white hispanic.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:18 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words...
Tasteless, using childrens death for political gain...

Old 02-15-2018, 06:19 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I’ll ask again. There have always been guns but not so much school shootings. What’s changed?
Look at it from a top down perspective. How many wars and for how long has the fed guv been engaged in? The military is glorified no matter how many innocent people it kills minding their own business in their own countries. People are desensitized to the violence and actually cheer it on ( at least where the military is concerned). Yes Im putting much of the blame at the feet of the violent gang that has taken over the country with its wars on peaceful people both at home and abroad.
Its not going to stop until it all collapses. America and americans are too far gone.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:19 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
How do you come to that conclusion.

How many people see violent movies in a year...millions and millions and millions and millions. We don't even know if this kid saw any movies. Maybe he just watched history documentaries about war.....who knows.

Canada sees the same movies as the USA and doesn't have the same problem with mass shootings. Sure sure there are incidents -- but the percentage of gun homicides is nothing compared to the USA.
Millions and millions have guns but don't go on shooting rampages. Hollywood promotes violence and sexual perversion to the lowest degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies