Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 11:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Did he apologize for removing the restrictions for mentally ill (like the shooter) to get guns?

If he did not bring it up, then he was being dishonest.
He dang sure didn't remove the unconstitutional age limit to purchase a long gun or carbine, now imposed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 11:32 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
please stop lying?

I know you're not trying to but your tearing the social fabric of this country apart. We are not Europe, guns are embedded into our constitution, we are a low density country where people use guns for a living and are free to buy them when and however they want.

If I want to into the woods in Utah and have fun with target practice on a tree or go hunting I can, if I want to protect myself, I can.

If guns were allowed on the school this wouldn't have happened, it's the gun-free zones that cause, if Cruz (the shooter) wanted to getting a gun of the black market would be the easiest thing ever. We already of tough gun laws and guess what? the state with the fewest regulations (New Hampshire) also has a lower homicide rate, and guess what that is a fact.

I don't care what CNN tells you that is a fact.

90% of gun related deaths happen due to handguns, statistically the total deaths that happened here are less than a fraction of a percent of the total murder rate.

If you want to stop gun violence then stop crimes, don't outlaw the guns. That thinking didn't work in the drug war or prohibition.

THESE are the facts, please listen and don't fall for those laws the MSM tells (told by a bunch of rich hypocritical new yorkers who have never seen violence ONCE in their lives).

Florida and texas areVERY pro- gun right?
Yet Florida and Texas have lots of gun violence and I bet not ALL of it is in gun free zones. Gun totin heroes rushing in to save the day just doesn't happen as often as the CD crowd would think. EVERY time it DOES happen the ammosexual crowd here makes sure we ALL know about it.
Haven't read a ton of that here.
But on the other hand, gun control would do more harm than good. You're too addicted to them.
America will just have to accept mass shootings as a way of life there. Maybe they can be reduced But even that's a pipe dream. You're stuck with them America- live by the gun, perish by the gun. Good luck. You all can wipe each other out for all the rest of the civilized world cares. You made your bed, lay in it.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:34 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Brilliant Speech by POTUS of Florida shooting

His speech writers do work which is brilliantly crafted to suck in the gullible.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:35 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I agree with you about underlying issues.

However, none of those issues you mentioned other than perhaps the opioid crisis contributes to school shootings.

These are not 50 year old men disgruntled with life and the high COL and little to no vacation time and unaffordable child care. (Las Vegas in not to be mixed up with a school shooting).

School shootings for the most part have been children murdering at schools. Teachers aren't the ones snapping; it is the children.

What has happened to our youth?
Frequently it is traced back to bullying, and revenge. Unfortunately, now they see that bullying can get you a job as POTUS, so it's even harder to stop one of the main sources of the "snapping".

Old 02-15-2018, 11:35 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
you change the subject again. are you seriously comparing these murders in your reference that were not only committed by adults against adults or suicides that happen to be committed in schools to kids committing mass murder on fellow students in their school?
Its a comprehensive list of all school shootings. Some involved adults, others students. Read through the list and you will find many student on student shootings. Your assessment that school shooting was a recent phenomenon was wrong, I corrected you, move on.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Even after two people in Congress got senselessly shot in recent years on two separate occasions, Congress still does nothing about gun control. Maybe because they didn't die.

Congress listens to the NRA. What's more likely to happen is NRA decide it's a high priority to give the right to medical marijuana patients to own guns. So Congress will take action on that.

The 2nd Amendment, prevents them from wasting our time and money.

It does not say:

Quote:
Militias are illegal as the police state has replaced the free state, the privilege of citizens 21 years or older, who are mentally sane and non-felons, may keep secure where government determines and never bear, the small arms the government determines acceptable, this may be altered any time a crisis occurs.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:38 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
uh oh -- national white supremacist confirm this kid was one of theirs.

First of all -- why would you admit it

Second, blows up all your theories some of you made up in your head. Oops wrong again.

Alleged Gunman Nikolas Cruz Was in White Supremacist Group | Time

Old 02-15-2018, 11:38 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
MAGA

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nikola...a=twitter_page

Old 02-15-2018, 11:40 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
I think the white nationalist aspect needs a thread of its own. Here's the article on this from the Washington Examiner:

Florida school shooting suspect had ties to white supremacist group: Anti-Defamation League

Old 02-15-2018, 11:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMXaGx8nXmE

I ****ing love this man, thank you mr. President.

Other politicians should learn from the speech, be sympathetic to the victims, and don't lie about the facts (like liberals are doing saying it's easier to buy a gun than vote, it's impossible to buy a gun illegally, there are no gun restrictions, Florida has few gun laws [it has a lot] etc.)

THANK YOU and MAGA to everyone!
He's getting much better at reading them -- almost convinced he knew what was in it before he read it this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies