Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 12:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Doesn't matter if it was in a bag or not, the gun was legal in Florida, that's the law and it's there to protect your 2A rights. You can't have it both ways, you advocate for unlimited 2A rights and Florida pretty much gives them to their residents, that's what you all wanted and that's what you got.
I haven't "advocated" for anything.
Of COURSE the gun would be legal just as it would if 3 guys were getting an Uber ride to a bank holding ski masks and guns. What would a logical thinking person expect the driver to do in that instance?

You want to rethink your analogy again?
As I've said before, questions to be answered...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 12:14 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Exactly, horrible generic speech. Does absolutely nothing to solve our mass killing issue.
I see. Less than 24 hours later, you expect a detailed plan to fix what no other President has managed to achieve in the last 30+ years. Trump is good, but he isn't that good. And if the speech did have details? You would complain about how no one could come up with solutions that quickly.

Meanwhile, if Trump had done nothing/said nothing, you all would be freaking out..."Trump doesn't care; he's heartless, etc."

It doesn't matter what Trump does or doesn't do. Fault will be found and he will be criticized beyond all reason.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 02-15-2018 at 12:23 PM..

Old 02-15-2018, 12:15 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
The biggest failure was all the warning signs were VERY CLEARLY there. They ignored his social media post where he said he was going to be a "professional school shooter" and threats he made vs students. Had they put all this together, the FBI could have possibly done more, and made sure all guns were removed from this guy's house, as he clearly had mental issues. Even the students said they weren't surprised he was the one who did the shooting. Many of them predicted it before hand.
What law could the FBI use to take such actions? Did anything the shooter did up to this event, violate any law? To the extent to have a right removed from him?

Old 02-15-2018, 12:15 PM

573 posts, read 586,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
What a nice society you're building.
Have you paid any damn attention to the hellhole society already is?? I wish my fiancee who is a teacher was allowed to carry a gun to protect her and her students. She has one student that has already shot a kid before in her class. He served a short stint in juvie because of his age, but many of these schools in larger urban areas resemble prisons.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:16 PM

573 posts, read 586,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
What law could the FBI use to take such actions? Did anything the shooter did up to this event, violate any law? To the extent to have a right removed from him?
I would think the fact that he had received treatment for a mental illness and that he made threats on social media would suffice. I mean there are first amendment rights, but you can't make threats...

Old 02-15-2018, 12:18 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is starting to resonate false flag..... Like Las Vegas was.
Could you wait for the corpses to reach room temperature before you pile them up to use as a lectern for your unhinged conspiracy nonsense?

Old 02-15-2018, 12:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Remember all this in November...
Why? What exactly do you think this November would do that hasn't been done over the last 10 Novembers?

Old 02-15-2018, 12:19 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Give it another day and we will see posts that it's a false flag; that the feds hired 3,000 actors on craigslist and had them pretend to be students, no one is dead it was just a gun grab by the feds
If you're going to jam 3000, count em, 3000 students into one school you better have armed guards at the few controlled entrances in bullet proof booths and metal detectors at the doors.

Or tear these large, ridiculous soft targets down and return the education to small, neighborhood schools again.

In fact, instead of banning guns ban school buses. You help with global warming, the kids get exercise walking up to 2 miles to school one way. The enrollment numbers stay under 500 kids so every kid is well known to every student and teacher.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Were his mental issues defined before the purchase of the gun?

I didn't read that yet.
Much less his age to purchase a carbine or long rifle. The kid was 19. Unconstitutional Law states 21

Old 02-15-2018, 12:21 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Here's the website of the white supremacy group the Florida killer trained with:

https://republicofflorida.wordpress.com/

Some excerpts:

“That race whose males will not fight to death to keep and mate with their females will perish.” – David Lane

10 Codes of Republic of Florida

1. Allegiance to ROF
In defense of my homeland, The Floridian people, And our liberty. We pledge our lives and fortunes to the republic. My house is your house so long as you are true to the interests of the Republic. I stay true to the ROF.

2. Allegiance to your race
We pledge our uncorrupted hand to people of European lineage and those who consider themselves our allies. There are those outside of the white race who we will inevitably consider allies, But we must not sexually mix with them or pretend that we have no differences.

3.Willingness to wage battle
If battle is to become necessary I pledge to fight to the best of my ability, And to train to become better. I will do my best to maintain a level of physical fitness- You cannot fight if you are tired and weak.

4. Drug free, Situational awareness
I will not poison myself with the misuse of chemical substances. Chemical substances have their place, But they should only be used medicinally. Drug abuse is the number one obstacle to the recruiting of the young in our society.

5. Sexuality and Partnerships
I will treat women (Or men if your a woman) with respect, Especially those who are acting in official capacity. If I ever engage in recreational sex I will use contraceptives. I will not have sexual relationships outside my Race, Engage in Bestiality or Pedophilia, Or Homosexuality. I will get married through the Republic Of Florida – Not the state of Florida.

6. Knowledge/Doctrine
I will expand my mind by reading and gathering knowledge. I will learn ROF and secessionist doctrine and have full comprehension of it. I will keep up with current events.

7. Acting in official capacity/Militia
If in an organized Militia or volunteer cell I will respect the chain of command while acting in official capacity. If I am not willing to take orders I simply will not volunteer for Militia work. When I wear the uniform of a cell or verbally agree to act within official capacity, I am in “Active Service”.

8. Honesty
I will honor my word and do what I say I will do. I will pay all debts. An ROF operator does not stop until his mission is complete. I will treat my fellow man with humility and Respect. I am a humble servant of the creator.

9. Moral Righteousness
I will strive to be a morally righteous person guided by the will of the creator. Victory is on the side of providence. We are the sons of western civilization.

10. Integrity and Loyalty
I will never forget who I am or pretend to be something I am not. I will not serve 2 masters, I will be true to my people even when nobody is looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies