Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 08:44 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,563,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I don't understand why he did this.

https://www.snopes.com/trump-sign-bi...tal-illnesses/
Too bad Obama was too lazy to actually get laws passed. Instead he just signed executive orders so he could get back to Martha’s Vineyard to rub elbows with rich white folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 08:44 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,594,176 times
Quote:
you would feel safe with 75,000+ mentally ill people in your town with AK-47's? Talk about textbook complicity.
Once again, I must ask you why you post such a lie?

I assume you are smart enough to know you posted a lie.

Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:45 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,127,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy221 View Post
And it wouldnt have mattered if he didnt do it...... THESE PEOPLE WILL STILL GET GUNS ANYWAY THEY CAN!!!!!!!

People dont understand how easy is it to get one!! -- Its really very scary!!
The only answer to this is to do nothing and not make it harder or deter a slaughter like this? That's not a good idea.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:46 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,381,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Defend yourself with an AR-15? From what, a horde of blood thirsty zombies?
Another anti gun flat earther. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it's not true. People use AR-15's to defend themselves more often than they're used in crimes. 10 seconds of research will find many examples, but some people refuse to accept what doesn't fit their bias.

Oklahoma Man Uses AR-15 to Kill Three Teen Home Intruders
5 People Who Used An AR-15 to Defend Themselves, and It Probably Saved Their Lives
Texas Hero Reportedly Used His Own AR to Confront the Sutherland Springs Shooter | National Review

I bet you don't know what AR in AR-15 stands for, do you? Hint it's NOT 'assault rifle'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It was an analogy, of a very real situation.

Criminals buy guns from gun shows and gun shops, sometimes using straw buyers. That's real.
Right, why don’t you ask the government how many straw purchasers were prosecuted?

A hint. Over the last decades, the total would be about a handful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Once again, I must ask you why you post such a lie?

I assume you are smart enough to know you posted a lie.

Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Your the one fine with a mentally ill person in possession of a deadly weapon.

Quote:
Actually, yes.

Next question please.

You said having a mentally ill person with a deadly weapon capable of mass casualty will make the public safer.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:

You said having a mentally ill person with a deadly weapon capable of mass casualty will make the public safer.
I am not fine with that. Nobody is fine with that. That’s not that question.

The question is what your motive is for posting such a lie. I want to know.

I again assume you are smart enough to know it’s a lie.

9,952 posts, read 6,698,870 times
Quote:
you would feel safe with 75,000+ mentally ill people in your town with AK-47's? Talk about textbook complicity.
What is a “crazy” person? How do you define that? Is it a person who seeks treatment from a mental health professional? Take a psychotropic medication? I admit to being more to the left on the political spectrum, but if you start taking people’s rights away by virtue of the fact that they’ve sought mental health treatment, that’s just going to encourage them NOT to get treatment in the first place. At least if people seek out treatment and attempt to get counseling/therapy and medications, that might help to prevent problems from happening. If people avoid treatment, which often happens in many professional fields where people are worried that a history of mental health issues might be a problem, then that is only going encourage people to self-medicate with alcohol, drugs, and ultimately cause bigger issues.

I think there are some limitations in places if people have been committed due to danger to self or others since that demonstrates that a person has a propensity toward violence, be it to themselves or other people. However, there are plenty of people who seek mental health treatment who are not violent.

11,046 posts, read 5,284,612 times
Quote:

the ACLU argues that not every mentally ill person is violent....is a false stereotype.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I am not fine with that. Nobody is fine with that. .
You are now against it, but were for it before. Pick a side!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies