Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 02:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And a man isn't Mr. Clean. Why do women demand to cohabitate and marry? Just to split expenses and housework or have the man pay all her expenses and do housework?
omg, are you serious... demand to cohabitant and marry? Lots of woman don't want to remarry. Like it or not, women who've been there, done that do take that into consideration but it's not everything. But you want to be hardheaded and think women are on earth to walk after you. wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 02:59 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,640,570 times
Stay at home moms are a luxury many can’t afford. It takes two incomes to survive for most young couples. If you load up with kids it doesn’t make sense to work outside the home. It depends on how well you want to live. My mother divorced in the 60’s she had to work. We were latch key kids. We survived it but my mother was branded as a divorcée so nobody was too eager to talk to her. (Divorced women were not looked up to.)

Old 02-23-2018, 02:59 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,825,513 times
Quote:
Hey I'm running away from these feminist women and their big brother government too . It doesn't make for a healthy society, but I'm not the one who screwed it up in the 1960s.
Meaning it wasn’t you who “allowed” women to have ambitions past a sparkling clean toilet? Those damn uppity women thinking they have something to offer past cooking and cleaning. How dare they.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,893,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Why would she? A wife is not a cleaning lady.
I think in reality many men like the idea because they are jealous and would not have to worry about their wives meeting other men in the office or wherever. A free cleaning lady safely locked away at home, perfect ^^
Even if that's true, do you want to share your wife with the jungle out there and watch her get scooped away and the government comes in to separate assets and offspring, while in the meantime you're stuck doing housework and babysitting after work lol?

Old 02-23-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Stay at home moms are a luxury many can’t afford. It takes two incomes to survive for most young couples. If you load up with kids it doesn’t make sense to work outside the home. It depends on how well you want to live. My mother divorced in the 60’s she had to work. We were latch key kids. We survived it but my mother was branded as a divorcée so nobody was too eager to talk to her. (Divorced women were not looked up to.)
The men were afraid that a single women might plant ideas in their wives heads lol so being controlling as they were in those days it was probably forbidden to talk to a divorced woman.

Since it takes two incomes to make ends meet today I wonder if men would be willing to work for those two incomes so the wife can be a sah wife who takes care of the kids and home. Nah, it's easier for them to ignore or reject that there is an issue.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:04 PM

5,316 posts, read 2,119,927 times
Quote:
No I'm saying a single man may keep a clean and tidy household, but if he cohabitates or marries he might want the woman to keep the household clean and tidy.
A man can want that, but it doesn’t automatically mean the woman will want to do it all. If he wants a maid like that, he can hire one as an employee. If he and his wife mutually (key word) come to that agreement, then that’s fine too. I did not marry to be a maid, just as I didn’t marry him expecting him to be the sole monetary provider.

It’s also natually harder and more involved the more people there are in a household (my girls are incredibly good at making messes), to boot, but your premise doesn’t account for that, either, it seems. Just makes it sound like it won’t be any different for a woman than it would be on her own, so shouldn’t be a problem if a dude thinks she should do it all.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
A man can want that, but it doesn’t automatically mean the woman will want to do it all. If he wants a maid like that, he can hire one as an employee. If he and his wife mutually (key word) come to that agreement, then that’s fine too. I did not marry to be a maid, just as I didn’t marry him expecting him to be the sole monetary provider.
Excellent post!

Old 02-23-2018, 03:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,893,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Meaning it wasn’t you who “allowed” women to have ambitions past a sparkling clean toilet? Those damn uppity women thinking they have something to offer past cooking and cleaning. How dare they.
I never said any such thing. My mother got a good job right out high school before the 1950s. She rather not work and preferred to be a housewife. So she had either option in or before the 1950s. We went way beyond that in the 1960s.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:07 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,825,513 times
Quote:
Even if that's true, do you want to share your wife with the jungle out there and watch her get scooped away and the government comes in to separate assets and offspring, while in the meantime you're stuck doing housework and babysitting after work lol?
Now I see where you’re coming from. Keep the woman at home under your control so she won’t leave. I think there’s a word for that....... paranoia.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Now I see where you’re coming from. Keep the woman at home under your control so she won’t leave. I think there’s a word for that....... paranoia.
The next step for mtl1 and men like him is to require that the wife not leave the house without a male relative, cover her entire body, require a scarf to cover her hair. hmmm... what group does that remind you of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies