Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 01:30 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,225,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Reloads are pretty easy to do yourself.
Only if all of the components are available.

We could ban primers, for instance. You can make your own, but it's a pain in the fanny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 01:31 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Where does it end? It never ends. It will be similar to what happens in nations like the UK. I hope this thread doesn't turn into a pro gun vs anti gun debate. Lets keep on topic, and be honest. The goal is to end all firearms eventually. Don't reply "I am a Democrat and I love my guns, no one is taking them from me". You are a minority my friend, a very small and SHRINKING minority. Shrinking not just in percentage, but in actual numbers.

The path will be.
Registration
Ban Military style rifles
Ban High capacity magazines
Ban All rifles
Ban All handguns
Ban All shotguns except for farmers
Disarmed most police officers
No knives
You can take my pickle fork when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

So much drama.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:40 PM

858 posts, read 708,080 times
this is interesting. Since this kid had all the warning signs but wasn't actually convicted of anything, so i would see any kind of list being similar to what the complaints are about the no fly list. I would imagine we'll see the NRA play both sides of the fence on this...don't ban guns, focus on mental health but you can't ban guns from the people you focus mental health on.

Its interesting the hypocrisy of the NRA when it comes to these matters.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:44 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,960 times
It proposes to keep floating it so people will be diverted from banning AR-15's. That's the NRA's plan for mental health.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
It proposes to keep floating it so people will be diverted from banning AR-15's. That's the NRA's plan for mental health.
Keep the focus and talk on AR15s, when the AK47 is the most mass produced and widely used assault weapon on the planet...Yeah, that seems to be working great, Ive rarely heard anyone mention the availability of AK47s and how many new ones are being cranked out all the time! A lot of good the 1986 ban on NEW full autos has been! LOL

Old 02-25-2018, 01:50 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

over 50% of the homeless are Vets, and over 85% of the homeless are homeless because of mental health issues... yet the liberals NEVER address it

WHAT ARE THE LIBERALS GOING TO DO/POLICY/FUND TO HELP WITH THE MENTAL HEALTH ISSSUES THAT ARE PLAGUING AMERICA......?????????

but to ban guns and to confiscate all weapons would not only be a violation of our 2nd amendment right...but also of the 4th amendment.......... the funny thing is liberals were all up in arms (pun intended) about "stop and frisk" saying it violated the 4th

Since you're so quick to rant about liberals perhaps you can tell us specifically what the Republican controlled Congress/White House has done about "POLICY/FUND TO HELP WITH THE MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES THAT ARE PLAGUING AMERICA" in the past thirteen months?

HINT: Suckling at the NRA teat doesn't count.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:54 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well where to start?

1. the NRA has been for EXPANDED background checks

2. the NRA is for mental health being part of the 'red flags' of a background check..... but....
.... in order for that it needs to be DOCUMENTED...something the liberals and the ACLU is against
.... liberals argue against adding the mental part of the background checks....they spin that it will be a violation of HIPAA

simple yes?
but noooo, liberals have to complain that it would be a violation of hipaa
Reform the HIPPA law so we can report someone is CRAZY/mentally unstable, so that person isn't allowed to buy a firearm from a gun store. But I doubt people (esp Liberals) want their privacy rights infringed on.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:55 PM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
So one of NRA's talking points is that it's not the Gun that kills people, it's the people who have the gun and that we should be focusing on mental health. Gotcha...so let's talk specifics. I'd be interested to what NRA supports and how it would get implemented.

I think we can all agree that this kid is mentally unstable. The warning signs were all there. His mom called the cops of him..neighbors called the cops...i think it was 23 times in total over the years. He was reported to the school, reported to the FBI, etc. Again, the signs were there however he really never committed any crime. At what point does the NRA feel this kid should have been on a list or failed a background check? Should these events have triggered a mental health examination where the results get shared into a background check DB? Should there be a mental health exam when purchasing a gun?

Given NRA's history of fighting to allow people on the no-fly list to purchase guns or saying that people deemed mentally unfit by a court should still be allowed to buy guns, what exactly does NRA propose to do in this situation?
What does the NRA have to do with this ? HIPAA laws prevent medical records being shared with the NICS.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:17 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
So one of NRA's talking points is that it's not the Gun that kills people, it's the people who have the gun and that we should be focusing on mental health. Gotcha...so let's talk specifics. I'd be interested to what NRA supports and how it would get implemented.

I think we can all agree that this kid is mentally unstable. The warning signs were all there. His mom called the cops of him..neighbors called the cops...i think it was 23 times in total over the years. He was reported to the school, reported to the FBI, etc. Again, the signs were there however he really never committed any crime. At what point does the NRA feel this kid should have been on a list or failed a background check? Should these events have triggered a mental health examination where the results get shared into a background check DB? Should there be a mental health exam when purchasing a gun?

Given NRA's history of fighting to allow people on the no-fly list to purchase guns or saying that people deemed mentally unfit by a court should still be allowed to buy guns, what exactly does NRA propose to do in this situation?
No fly list? It’s easier to flush the constitution down the toilet.

Two words for you: due process. Now go study before you rant in NRA again.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:36 PM

34,236 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You can take my pickle fork when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

So much drama.
Says the one creating drama through pure emotional, fact less arguments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies