Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 07:30 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
U.S. gun owners are destroying their rifles in response to the Florida school mass shooting which claimed 17 lives.

Gun owner Scott-Dani Pappalardo, who has a tattoo of the Second Amendment honouring Americans' rights to bear arms, inspired the #OneLess campaign with an impassioned anti-gun speech which has been viewed by more than 17 million people.

US gun owners destroy rifles in #OneLess response to Florida school shooting *
Pure emotional stupidity.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:31 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
He destroyed the rifle as a symbol of solidarity and outrage the students feel about the lack of gun laws we have in this country. When is enough enough? Funny how we never hear of these mass shootings in other civilized countries. We have a cowboy mentality in this country and it is too dangerous with all of these unstable people who get revved up by something and then go off on a killing spree.
Lack of gun laws? You must have no idea what you’re talking about. There are 1000s of gun laws on the books in this country. Laws don’t prevent crime! Ever! Somebody intent on committing a crime couldn’t care less about any laws. There is no new law that could possibly be passed that would stop anyone from committing crime! Unless these morons were planning to use their firearms to commit a crime, destroying their firearms accomplished exactly nothing except destroying the firearm!

Old 02-21-2018, 07:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
The guy obviously doesn't have plans to use it or he wouldn't destroy it. He'll take it to the local PD station now. So it has no chance of killing people.

How about your emotions over riding logic I'm not against guns, only these weapons of war. When I was a kid in the midwest, everybody went hunting. Big deal. It was a passage of life when a kid got a hunting rifle. THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT NO MATTER HOW THE FEAR BASED GUN SOCIETY TRIES TO SPIN IT.

Guns are owned by about 33% of our population. 67% are according to you "walking around defenseless."

I can't even wrap my mind around your logic. About 70% of us are the logical/sanes ones.

What it must be like to live in this state of fear and think so horribly of your fellow man that you have to arm yourself 24/7!

We need MUCH stronger background checks and mental health checks before letting over emotional buyers purchase guns. THAT IS WHERE WE SHOULD START.

He didn't destroy anything. He created an illegal firearm.
If he wanted to destroy it, he would have cut through the lower & upper receiver.
All he did was create what is considered by our government to be an illegal short barrel rifle(which is unconstitutional for it to be ban)

Old 02-21-2018, 07:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Lack of gun laws? You must have no idea what you’re talking about. There are 1000s of gun laws on the books in this country. Laws don’t prevent crime! Ever! Somebody intent on committing a crime couldn’t care less about any laws. There is no new law that could possibly be passed that would stop anyone from committing crime! Unless these morons were planning to use their firearms to commit a crime, destroying their firearms accomplished exactly nothing except destroying the firearm!
Murder is a crime and happens everyday.

Old 02-21-2018, 08:48 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why didn't the leftist Telegraph ask him about the guns that he DIDN'T destroy? All I see is someone getting a lot of page hits on youtube)

(fascinating about how the UK media obsesses over US gun laws)
Exactly. Especially because it was THEIR tyranny that brought about the need to be armed to prevent it by the Founding Fathers.

Old 02-21-2018, 08:54 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Murder is a crime and happens everyday.
Murder has been against the law since time began, so why are people still killing then?

This just shows that the current law is ineffective, speeding is also illegal, but 10s of 1000s still break this law everyday, many cities and states even rely on the revenue from people breaking this law consistently, so...?

Old 02-21-2018, 08:58 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
He could have gotten a few bucks from the local government in one of those stupid buybacks!
Beyond the theatrics, it does nothing.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:00 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
The guy obviously doesn't have plans to use it or he wouldn't destroy it. He'll take it to the local PD station now. So it has no chance of killing people.
That's not how the law works. If something is a felony, just because you plan on doing something later (like take it to the PD) doesn't change the fact that you committed a felony. Other people could say "oh well I was planning on taking it to the PD, honest!"

Quote:
How about your emotions over riding logic I'm not against guns, only these weapons of war.
The weapon she destroyed was a Sig P229. A handgun. And you have it backwards. I'm being logical, not emotional.

Quote:
When I was a kid in the midwest, everybody went hunting. Big deal. It was a passage of life when a kid got a hunting rifle. THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT NO MATTER HOW THE FEAR BASED GUN SOCIETY TRIES TO SPIN IT.
[/b]
Why are you talking about going hunting as a kid? Guns are not meant for just hunting. What is your point? And I think you mean the "fear-based anti-gun society". The people who think guns kill people. The ones who don't trust their fellow man, enough to not kill just because they own a gun.

Quote:
Guns are owned by about 33% of our population. 67% are according to you "walking around defenseless."

I can't even wrap my mind around your logic. About 70% of us are the logical/sanes ones.

What it must be like to live in this state of fear and think so horribly of your fellow man that you have to arm yourself 24/7!

We need MUCH stronger background checks and mental health checks before letting over emotional buyers purchase guns. THAT IS WHERE WE SHOULD START.

I actually don't live in a state of fear because I'm logical and sane enough to be pro-active enough to take responsibility for my own safety. I do not put that responsibility on others. I do not depend on other human beings with firearms (police officers) to come to my rescue.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:03 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
U.S. gun owners are destroying their rifles in response to the Florida school mass shooting which claimed 17 lives.

Gun owner Scott-Dani Pappalardo, who has a tattoo of the Second Amendment honouring Americans' rights to bear arms, inspired the #OneLess campaign with an impassioned anti-gun speech which has been viewed by more than 17 million people.

US gun owners destroy rifles in #OneLess response to Florida school shooting *
Hey at least one upbeat story coming out of what is otherwise a horrific situation in Florida. Thanks for sharing. Willing to bet that this will take off all over the country. How are they destroying them? Melting them down?

Old 02-21-2018, 09:06 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,112,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Freedom of choice is a great thing.
Now, if he had destroyed all of his firearms, I would be impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies