Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 02:16 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times

Advertisements

Dems fume as Trump pushes low-cost, ObamaCare alternative health plans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I think this is a great idea.
I think it is a bad idea to push out junk policies that leave seriously ill people with no real protection. Just another way to take advantage of the poor and the working class.

It is irresponsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 06:36 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Your argument about saving money from premiums to pay for medical bills is absurd for many people in this country.

Argument?
It was a choice.
One I didn't have before?
Restoring liberty one step at a time.
I never thought I'd see the day, the government gave some liberty back that they took.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:38 PM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It was a short story. Two minutes sounds about right. Three if you are slow.
Nah, I would be shocked if that one could type that jewel of a response in 2 minutes.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:52 PM

34,018 posts, read 17,045,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Leave it to democrats to oppose giving people more choices.
Cause their ACA stinkbomb can't compete!

Old 02-21-2018, 07:06 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
I'd bet just about everyone on here who criticizes this plan do not have to pay for coverage out of their own pocket.

Obamacare is not affordable and very expensive.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:11 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Nah, I would be shocked if that one could type that jewel of a response in 2 minutes.

It was a short story. Two minutes sounds about right. Three if you are slow.

15.2 seconds.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:40 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"More options" in this case means a return to junk policies that offer no real insurance benefits. Basically you are saying that insurance companies should be allowed to return to the days of taking people's money and offer nothing in return.

That's why they're cheap--they cover nothing.

I had the same individual market policy for 8 years before having to get an exchange policy. That policy, like my exchange policy, had no lifetime cap.

That policy, unlike my latest exchange policy, had a $2,700 deductible. The exchange policy...almost triple that.

The last premium on my pre exchange policy...$160.00 per month. The exchange policy...$622.00 per month.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:42 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,700 times
And the Dems say "let them eat cake".

Old 02-21-2018, 07:53 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Dems fume as Trump pushes low-cost, ObamaCare alternative health plans
I think it is a bad idea to push out junk policies that leave seriously ill people with no real protection. Just another way to take advantage of the poor and the working class.

It is irresponsible.
Simple answer...buy Obamacare. What's wrong with offering a la carte plans to people who don't need or can't afford the ACA? Who are you to make their healthcare planning decisions for them?

Old 02-21-2018, 07:56 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
"Junk" is in the eye of the beholder. Who knows my situation (financial health and physical health) better than me ?

For instance, before the entire ACA/Obamacare thing, I had a good comprehensive health plan with a $200 dollar deductible, now after the implementation of the ACA, I have a very similarly comprehensive plan, but my deductible is now $3,000. Oh, and my rates now are far higher for my "new and improved" plan featuring a higher deductible. Sound about right to most of you with health insurance ?

So tell me, which one was/is more of a "junk" plan ? You seem to know others situations, and what plan would be best for them very....so I'm curious.

To put this in another context, I recently had a car/deer collision incident. I have a $1000 dollar deductible. Most of the people I mentioned this to said "ouch" about the high deductible....but to me, it has made perfect sense over the years to have higher deductibles on my auto insurance since I have had very few claims and don't mind having a little "skin in the game" so to speak. Funny thing is my relatively high car deductible used to be a lot more than my health insurance deductible.....now it's way less.

So is my high deductible car insurance a "junk" plan ? Perhaps it shouldn't even be allowed to be offered to me. Perhaps everyone should be mandated to have a $250 deductible. Your thoughts ?

I pay cash for inexpensive new cars, jack the liability coverage way up to protect my assets, and don't carry comp and collision. That has only 'bit me in the butt' three times in the last 30 plus years. Two of those times, the car was already fairly close to 'the end', so I just didn't bother getting the repair done. The other time, the car was only about a year old, and the repair cost me about $3,500. However, I saved much more than $3,500 on not paying those comp and collision premiums for decades.

In my previous post, I wasn't complaining about the deductible increase...just using it as and illustration re what I had before the ACA. I would actually like to drastically increase my deductible in order to reduce the premium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies