Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 03:19 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The 3rd post in the thread brought up Trump's marriages and children. imo, that indicates an abnormal obsession with Trump. You may also have TDS and immediately thought of Trump, so don't recognize the syndrome when it appears.
Well, since the topic is about multiple moms & dads, there is a person, who is at the pinnacle of the American scene, who embodies that trend. Why not use him? Nothing deranged in having a perfect example to prove the OP's point.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:19 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Oh, yeah? Which of these are you?

Trump Derangement Syndrome | Know Your Meme
Interesting.

I knew that Trump Derangement Syndrome and Obama Derangement Syndrome are obvious 'variants' of Dr. Krauthammer's original term 'Bush Derangement Syndrome', but I didn't know who actually 'coined'/first mentioned Trump Derangement Syndrome. I figured it was likely NOT Dr. Krauthammer .

Old 02-25-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Having multiple marriages (and kids from those) isn't the "crumbling morals of America" to which we are referring. So why do you feel necessary to bring Trump into this conversation.

The issue under discussion is women having a string of "out of wedlock" births with random men to who she isn't married.

That's ho behavior. That's the moral decay. Its animalistic...just breed whenever you're in heat. Like an animal.
NO, the study the OP quoted was about the simple statistics that a certain percentage of men and women had children with more than one partner. There doesns't appear to be any indication in the study that marital status, either before, during, or after the children's births was even considered. Certain people are simply adding their own perceptions to that. Kinda like a whole different kind of 'ho behavior'.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Interesting.

I knew that Trump Derangement Syndrome and Obama Derangement Syndrome are obvious 'variants' of Dr. Krauthammer's original term 'Bush Derangement Syndrome', but I didn't know who actually 'coined'/first mentioned Trump Derangement Syndrome. I figured it was likely NOT Dr. Krauthammer .
Once someone comes up with a catchy turn of phrase, it will always be applied to future situations. Like, how many ways can the term "the *** hit the fan" be used? It will just be a matter of time before there is yet another politician who has the derangement syndrome applied to him or her.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:50 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
And 78% don't. So chill.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:07 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...tiple-partners

Seems like 22% of women who have 2 or more biological children have had multiple fathers for the children.

As many would say, 22% of women with 2 or more children have multiple baby daddies. Wonder what that number was two generations ago.

Just another example of crumbling morals in America!

Will be rather interesting with the next generation as in 24 states a majority of births are Medicaid births and over 40% are unmarried births these days.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-born-medicaid
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unm...ildbearing.htm

Sounds like women-bashing to me. Who are you to judge?

I would guess there are more men with multiple children by numerous partners than the other way
around.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Once someone comes up with a catchy turn of phrase, it will always be applied to future situations. Like, how many ways can the term "the *** hit the fan" be used? It will just be a matter of time before there is yet another politician who has the derangement syndrome applied to him or her.
I Agree.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:03 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,798,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...tiple-partners

Seems like 22% of women who have 2 or more biological children have had multiple fathers for the children.

As many would say, 22% of women with 2 or more children have multiple baby daddies. Wonder what that number was two generations ago.

Just another example of crumbling morals in America!

Will be rather interesting with the next generation as in 24 states a majority of births are Medicaid births and over 40% are unmarried births these days.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-born-medicaid
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unm...ildbearing.htm
Hmm, wonder what the percentage of men was who participated in these statistics? Why can't they take some responsibility too?

Old 02-25-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Great story and you're right there are men who raise their kids alone, my son is one of them. They just don't get mentioned much or given the credit they deserve.
I just recalled another example that I may also have previously posted about. This second example I just recalled came after the first one, but I cant remember off the top of my head if it was during the Summer of 2014, 2015, or 2016 (). I was eating breakfast at a McDonald's in Abilene, TX, and struck up a conversation with a couple who were there with kids who appeared to be their grandchildren. The 'granddaughter' reminded me of the kid in my family that I referenced in my other post, and she and the boy were having a great time amusing themselves. It turned out that the kids were the couple's grandkids. Their son's kids. With this family, the mother also abandoned her husband and the kids. The dad (their son) moved (along with the kids) in with them, and actually got a better paying job, but the job is not in Abilene. The son works on an oil platform out in the Gulf of Mexico. His dad (the grandfather who was with the kids at the McDonald's) likened his son's schedule to 'a fire fighter's schedule'. The son pays his parents room and board for himself and the kids. The dad gets to be involved in all aspects of his kids lives when he is home, and then his parents step in when he is away working. It was written all over the parent's faces that they enjoy this arrangement immensely, and that they are very proud of their son. The kids, to me, also seemed well adjusted and happy.

I love seeing when kids are close to their grandparents. I, along with all of my first cousins on both sides of my family, grew up in the Bay Area. All of our grandparents, mutual and otherwise, also all lived in the Bay Area, and all of us had close relationships with our own grandparents. In some cases, we also had close relationships with each other's non mutual grandparents. As such, I felt as though I had three grandmothers when I was growing up .

Old 02-25-2018, 06:55 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,863,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Sounds like women-bashing to me. Who are you to judge?

I would guess there are more men with multiple children by numerous partners than the other way
around.
Per my previous post, 19% of men have children with multiple partners- so, only slightly lower than the number of women who do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies