Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 07:01 PM

23 posts, read 13,237 times

Advertisements

Only 22%? I would've guessed higher.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:21 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...tiple-partners

Seems like 22% of women who have 2 or more biological children have had multiple fathers for the children.

As many would say, 22% of women with 2 or more children have multiple baby daddies. Wonder what that number was two generations ago.

Just another example of crumbling morals in America!

Will be rather interesting with the next generation as in 24 states a majority of births are Medicaid births and over 40% are unmarried births these days.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-born-medicaid
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unm...ildbearing.htm
It sounds like you’re jealous, very jealous.

Have you ever had intercourse? Have you only had one partner or has it been just one?

Do you have morals beyond reproach?

Lighten up. Live a little.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:23 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryZebra View Post
Only 22%? I would've guessed higher.
That number doesn’t include all the babies that are being raised by men who don’t know the kid isn’t theirs. You’d be amazed.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:46 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...tiple-partners

Seems like 22% of women who have 2 or more biological children have had multiple fathers for the children.

As many would say, 22% of women with 2 or more children have multiple baby daddies. Wonder what that number was two generations ago.

Just another example of crumbling morals in America!

Will be rather interesting with the next generation as in 24 states a majority of births are Medicaid births and over 40% are unmarried births these days.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-born-medicaid
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unm...ildbearing.htm

Well I know a man with 3 kids by 3 different women...so I hope you're stating it can go BOTH ways and never married to any of them.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:12 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Wow, classy and unhinged.

I wonder if there's a word for that. I bet the Germans have one.
Wow. Sexist and hyperbolic.

I was quite calm when I typed that simple statement. Do you call the many men on CD who regularly lose their tempers, "unhinged"? No, I know you don't.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:40 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
Per my previous post, 19% of men have children with multiple partners- so, only slightly lower than the number of women who do.
Yep. Per the original article 21.6% of women 15+ with 2 or more kids and 19.3% of men 15+ with 2 or more kids.
So a 2.3% difference.
And who says it is morally wrong to have children with different partners? This includes second families from widowhood and divorce.

In the past it was fairly common for men to father children with a mistress. I heard many accounts from those of my parents generation that found out later they had half siblings from their fathers "other family".

Me thinks the OP needs to real in morality shaming.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:55 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
The men were self-reporting. I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:39 AM

192 posts, read 131,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
American is rapidly becoming more and more hedonistic. For the majority, children are an inconvenient byproduct of sexual pleasure. Many fathers are from fatherless homes and have no sense of obligation to children they sired. The US is now a nation of mostly bastard children.

Regardless if you believe in God or not the Bible was and is a good blueprint for living. Today many people are basing their lives on instant pleasure with no regard to the future or the effect on others.
We hear more and more cases of women giving birth in a public bathroom and walking away leaving the infant at the mercy of strangers. The hard part to understand is with all the methods of birth control available why do we have so many unwanted children? Men are just as responsible as women on this matter.

If you do believe in God, you are aware that all will stand in front of him/her and give an account.

Morality is not some universal that can be broadly applied to the today times. If anything, we've grown into a more moral society. Instead of casting out folks who are different than us, namely letting people of the same sex married, and discard discriminatory practices like Jim Crow laws, we've only gotten better. What do you have to say about the declining divorce rate? It appears my generation is taking that more seriously than boomers ever did, the generation who brought us "50% of all marriages end in divorce". You should probably step off your stump now, you're embarrassing yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies