Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 03:43 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You can be sure the mainstream liberal media (CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, etc.) won’t cover this type of story. They will cover the stories that supports their Leftist anti-gun agenda.
What do you care? as a righteous righty i'm sure you dont listen to such supposedly fake news sources like (CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 04:28 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
I'm sure you would, anti gun nuts love lying about things like that. More preschoolers are killed by TVs falling on them than by firearms according to the CDC. But keep spreading your BS, you're really going to convince people you're right.

Violence Policy Center, rabidly anti gun so you should love them, say there are 95,000 defensive gun uses per year. 260 times a day, but those lives don't count as long as you can dance in the blood of the victims and push your politics.
Really? Is that what they say?

Self-Defense Gun Use is Rare, New VPC Study Confirms | Violence Policy Center

Who's the liar here? Name one thing in my post about toddlers and guns that is untrue. What do falling televisions have to do with anything?

Old 03-03-2018, 08:09 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You'd rather have them continue to rob people? And possibly in the future kill someone....
You know in other countries it's actually possible to solve these situations by not killing people.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:18 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
While I don't miss the criminal, I am disturbed by the "yeah, he killed one!" mindset here.

Nobody should WANT to kill. Nobody should be walking around going, "Man, I really hope someday I get to kill some thug or robber!"

Now, don't get me wrong - I support the death penalty in appropriate cases, and I'm perfectly fine with "blowing away" some thug who deserve it - but there's an attitude I see over and over again in this nation where people WANT to someday "blow away a bad guy." That is not healthy, though it's not surprising given this nation's culture of violence, excessive mental health issues, and gun-fetishes.

Also, note that if the purpose of this thread was prove how we all need to own whatever gun we want, I will say here what I've said on so many other threads like that in the past weeks. Thugs are not immune to revolver rounds or shotgun shells. This incident does not "prove" one needs a weapon like an AR-15, AK-47, etc. If you live in a place where nothing less will harm the local thugs, move to someplace without bullet-proof mutants.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:18 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Go for it, but you should take a look at your wording before you do so.....anyone who leaves a gun "lying around" is not a "responsible gun owner."
I have several guns lying around...loaded too. thankfully, I dont give a hoot whether or not you think Im "a responsible gun owner" or not.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
You know in other countries it's actually possible to solve these situations by not killing people.
Yeah, but that's what makes them "leftist hell-holes," with higher standards of living, better healthcare, more affordable college, and less violence. They'll never know the simple joy of shooting somebody, I guess.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Really? Is that what they say?

Self-Defense Gun Use is Rare, New VPC Study Confirms | Violence Policy Center

Who's the liar here? Name one thing in my post about toddlers and guns that is untrue. What do falling televisions have to do with anything?
Yep. It's been proven that in nearly all cases, having a gun in the house makes it less safe. And yet people aren't interested in the facts, sadly. Heck, most of them still think we need near-military grade weapons for "self-defense" from the thugs who apparently heal so fast that a simple revolver can't injury them faster than they heal!

Old 03-03-2018, 08:35 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:

I hope you libs keep pushing this "in other countries" agenda you have going. Putin would be proud.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:42 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
I hope you libs keep pushing this "in other countries" agenda you have going. Putin would be proud.
I'm not talking about Russia. I'm talking about Canada, the UK, Australia and most of Europe.

I know you have Russia on the brain.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:47 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times
Quote:
I agree. He should have bought the carjacker some coffee and discussed his intentions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies