Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 03:38 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,991,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
My story is straight. It is OUR government that is literally giving the Iraqi war surplus tools to the police to use against the citizens that the NRA has armed with like-kind weaponry.
Good point, I remember all of those hooligans in St. Louis and Baltimore rioting with RPGs and M16s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 03:43 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,991,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
We "were" defenseless. Not we "are". Why do you think Edward Snowden is hiding in Russia?

Look, a terrorist just has to be right once. We have to be right every single time. I think we've done pretty damn well since 9/12/01, and the NRA has nothing whatsoever to do with it.
8 attacks since then:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-war-on-terror

Your own statement about saying a terrorist has to be right once and our government has to be right every single time, the odds are not in our favor, especially for these smaller groups. All it would take is a few well trained people who planned well to cause havoc again. Regardless though, we do not live in a 100% safe country, and the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness demands that we have the ability to protect ourselves as needed.

I agree the NRA isn't protecting us, don't confuse the NRA with all supporters of the 2nd.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:51 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
We're not being invaded. Get over it. And as I've said, IF someone were to get past the US military, it wouldn't matter what guns you have in your house. You'd be dead shortly after.
Sure.. the USA is a very large country with millions of people. Nice to have back up because our military can't be everywhere all the time.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:15 PM

18,468 posts, read 7,107,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
If the US military can't keep out a foreign invader, I have zero faith that a bunch of private citizens with little to no training would do anything but be target practice for the invaders.

If you think otherwise, you're living in a fantasy world.

Theoretical question:

If an invasion were ever to happen, however unlikely you think it may be....

Would you rather be armed as a US citizen...... or unarmed?

Old 03-01-2018, 05:02 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,365,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDlSVE0X3Ao

This is the ignorance we are up against.

These people are a threat to me, my family and my property.
Maybe we should raise the voting age to 30.
A vote kills more people than guns.
Entertaining video. They get their information on guns on CNN and Twitter, Lmao

Why am I not surprised.

I hear things like "chainsaw bayonets" and "fully semiautomatic" Lmao!

What a joke the left brings to the table.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:23 PM

2,954 posts, read 2,904,629 times
When Rome was sacked the inhabitants were in total disbelief. How could the world power of its day be invaded? It would be like waking up and seeing armed Koreans (as example) running through the streets of NYC. Of course sword-control was the game of the day and actual Roman citizens never had a chance. That's straight up history

The idealogical reasoning surrounding gun control is nothing new. In fact it has been around since civilization.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,057,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Those who want to disarm Americans just do not understand the we Americans have a right to defend ourselves. If we were invaded by a foreign entity as in the history of many countries,we would be an easy target to round up and kill.

Don't say it is far fetched. We have well documented events that this has happened time and time again. Our forefathers wanted to protect us and not leave us Americans defenseless against foreign or domestic threats.

Those attacking the NRA are actually taking our rights away. Many people do not understand this fact.
Do Americans know that wars are fought like they were in the Civil War era.

Unless civilians have tanks,rockets, etc....we can't fight foreign entities.

They aren't going to rush up on the shores of Miami and unload a bunch of guys with rifles charging the beach -- it just won't happen that way.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:36 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,255,826 times
Quote:
Those who want to disarm Americans just do not understand the we Americans have a right to defend ourselves. If we were invaded by a foreign entity as in the history of many countries,we would be an easy target to round up and kill.
So, are you saying that if we were attacked by a foreign invader you aren't a good enough shot to repel them with a lever action .30-30 like John Wayne, or are you saying you need assault rifles to attack the government troops doing their job because you are a "True Patriot"...?

I can't imagine another scenario. Help a Bro out, here...

Last edited by cuebald; 03-01-2018 at 06:24 PM..

Old 03-01-2018, 05:48 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,836,067 times
Quote:

Don't say it is far fetched. We have well documented events that this has happened time and time again. Our forefathers wanted to protect us and not leave us Americans defenseless against foreign or domestic threats.

Those attacking the NRA are actually taking our rights away. Many people do not understand this fact.
You might want to have a word with your president then, lol. Looks like he's ready to neuter them.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:55 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,041,468 times
Is the OP's post some sort of joke?

Nobody is going to "invade America" in the traditional sense. If troops every landed on our shores, the nation would have already been bombed and/or nuked into ruin, and an angry group of pot-bellied red-necks flying rebel flags with AK-47's and AR-15's is not going to stop the invaders.

Ironically, the one group that could be considered invading - illegals - is happily welcomed here by our corporate plutocrats. That being said, again, angry militia men are not the solution to this problem, either.

I am damn tired of the laughable excuses given day after day as to why we "need" weapons of war - high-end guns - to "keep America free."

One day, we're to believe it's because thugs are immune to revolver rounds. The next day, deer apparently can only be killed with a weapon that can fire at least 45-rounds per minute. After that, we get to the "we gotta kill the gubermint!" lunatics, and now we're down to some fantasy world where hordes of soldiers from heaven only knows where are going to defeat the US military but then be beaten by angry guys in pickup trucks.

People need to stop confusing Hollywood movies and TV series with reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies