Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 08:43 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times

Advertisements

this will cost Dems big time in 2018. all the bluster, nothing to back it up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 08:47 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He is correct its not his job to prove collusion he is there to investigate the Russian intervention in our election.

The simple point people keep missing is that the investigation is not cocluded.
The other simple point people keep missing is Mueller's original mission was to investigate Trump for obstruction of justice when Trump fired Comey. Any other illegalities discovered in the process were also to be investigated.

Was it Trump's intent to put an end to the Russia investigation by the FBI? Of course, it was. But, in order to determine obstruction, Mueller needs to know the extent of Russian interference and how deeply involved the campaign and Trump were involved in that - and provide the proof.

Trump, being the scofflaw he is, fired Comey because he thought he could do an end-run around the process. Not. Trump is guilty of obstruction. But, it's up to the GOP Congress to indict. Which those bootlickers won't do.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 03-04-2018 at 08:57 PM..

Old 03-04-2018, 08:50 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Every Democrat in Congress wanted Comey fired until Trump did it. America knows that. They shake their heads at them now.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:51 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
His job specifically includes investigating coordination between the Russian government and the Trump campaign.

Right, the investigation is far from over. Strzok, Ohr, McCabe, and Steele might be interviewing the Russian hooker at this very moment. More Russians or Manafort-types might be indicted next Friday. So far, zip on the main reason D's hoped would get Trump impeached --- conspiring with Vlad to win the election.
In an ironic twist, it's believed Strok & Ohr are cooperating witnesses for the IG Horowitz.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:38 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Sure it is. You argue that.....
  • 13 Russians who got visas from John Kerry convinced voters
When
  • The $2,000,000,000 Hillary Campaign could not.
You can nitpick over the details, but this is it.

(and the reference to Kim Jung Un is totally irrelevant. it just speaks to lack of any real argument)
No its things like the use of stolen social security numbers and hacking computer systems. See I read the full indictment. I understand that you want everyone to ignore such crimes and desire to trivialize what occurred. Fortunately Mueller is pursuing the criminal activity.

As long as Our Dear Leader is going to demand adoration similar to the North Korean ruler then I will use the characterization that is most fitting. I find it so telling that so many of other world leaders now understand how responsive Our Dear Leader is to such treatment.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:10 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,795,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Neither you nor I know what was on Obama's mind in 2012.

As for Obama's statement on the 2016 election here is a more complete version of his comment. Its clear Obama was addressing Trump's accusation of voter fraud. As of yet there is still no evidence of vote tampering at the polls, by the Russians or anyone else.

That’s OK, you fight through it, you work through it, you try to accomplish your goals. But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whining and go try to make his case to get votes.
[/color]
We know what he said. There might be other interpretations. But you have to read his words upside down or backwards to find them. To make it not smack of collusion would take a very skilled editor indeed.

As for 2016, your lengthier quote is no different than my abbreviated one: There's no collusion. (Until the election is over. Then there is.)

Old 03-05-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
We know what he said. There might be other interpretations. But you have to read his words upside down or backwards to find them. To make it not smack of collusion would take a very skilled editor indeed.

As for 2016, your lengthier quote is no different than my abbreviated one: There's no collusion. (Until the election is over. Then there is.)
You wrote:

"This is what President Obama said about Russian influence on US elections in October, 2016:"

Its clear from the longer quote that Obama was not talking about Russian influence, but about voter fraud. What Obama said in Oct 2016 is still true today. The only person suggesting differently is Our Dear Leader, which I guess is why Obama had to add the qualifier of "serious person."

Old 03-05-2018, 09:39 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
You wrote:

"This is what President Obama said about Russian influence on US elections in October, 2016:"

Its clear from the longer quote that Obama was not talking about Russian influence, but about voter fraud. What Obama said in Oct 2016 is still true today. The only person suggesting differently is Our Dear Leader, which I guess is why Obama had to add the qualifier of "serious person."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bowhUWl6rxQ

Old 03-05-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Your point is what? Score one for Romney.

Russia's actions since 2012 have clearly proven that Russia is still a hostile threat to the US and our allies in Europe and elsewhere. The Obama administration clearly came to understand that and was taking actions to counter Russian activities.

The Trump administration on the other hand began negotiations with Russia to reduce sanctions and rollback other actions prior to even assuming office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies