Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 06:42 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times

Advertisements

I think the law is the law, anyone here illegally should be deported and if they have children born here they should accompany their parents. I think people should go through the proper procedure if they wish to live here.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Mexico doesn't need to buy it. They are getting it back slowly, generation-by-generation. Reconquista and all that...
They have openly said they would take back the US one house at a time... that was back in the late 80s. Seems to be working. There are over 3M illegal aliens (I'd bet more) here in CA alone.

Funny... Trump lost the popular vote by about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I think the law is the law, anyone here illegally should be deported and if they have children born here they should accompany their parents. I think people should go through the proper procedure if they wish to live here.
Even though I have been affected negatively by illegal aliens personally and financially... I'd not go that far. The people here illegally should be given the opportunity to have a path to becoming legal. They should be sent to the back of the line, that's just common sense. There should be a time limit to prove they care enough about being here to become legal. If they choose to remain here illegally, say after 3 or 5 years... goodbye, seeya, tater lays, don't let the big beautiful door hit you in the arse.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:19 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
I'm a Ca native and can't believe what's happening to beautiful California. It's truly is like living behind enemy lines in a insane asylum. I'm getting my exit plan in place..... that's how I "really feel"

Old 03-07-2018, 09:26 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,446,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWonderWoman View Post
Just heard Governor Brown speak. Listened to Jeff Sessions. So bottom line to all of you from California. How DO YOU FEEL about illegal aliens living in your state? How do you feel about so much of your tax dollars going to support them? How do you feel about hiding them from ICE. What do you REALLY think about Sanctuary Cities? Please be honest.
Lots of states have illegal immigrants and "sanctuary cities". Why is this forum so obsessed with California?

Old 03-07-2018, 09:53 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,227,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
" In California, 1 in 10 workers is undocumented, approximately 3 million in all. They pay an estimated $3 billion in state and local taxes. They contribute $180 billion annually to our GDP." (source)

By my math if the undocs contribute $180 bil. but cost $134 bil., having illegals around are a net benefit of $46 bil per year.

Not only that, many illegals contribute to Soc Sec when it is automatically deducted from their paychecks. Unless there's a path to citizenship, that's money they will never collect. So, having illegals here helps to bolster the Soc Sec trust fund.

Illegals do work that Americans can't or refuse to do -- hotel maids, dishwashers, bus boys, farm hands, gardeners, etc. The ones that work hard and don't commit crime should be given amnesty and a path to citizenship, not scorn.
Your math is suspect, as is the Murky News' math.

The main way that illegals can truly contribute anything to the economy is if they save their employers money on labor ; that differential could under one metric be viewed as a contribution, but its actually a decrease according to common standards used to measure the size of "the economy".

For the first bit, I can assure you that the math (real math, not lefty wishful thinking math) does not support the suggestion that they contribute 180B to the economy annually. First of all, they make market wages, so its impossible in the first place to actually have true savings. Like one pay scale for legal workers and another for illegals. That's not happening, or at least not enough to be visible. The other way to save money is to offer increased productivity per dollar wages...again this is not in evidence.

Secondly, while they do depress wages across the fields in which they concentrate, there simply aren't enough people holding the jobs that illegals do for employers in California to save 180B .

It is also time to point out that the article makes a glaring error by equating the number of jobs held by illegals with the entire illegal population, and estimating it at 3M - when its only actually well under 2M.
And if wages are one measurement of the size of the economy (a common metric used is the "value" of goods and services and that includes payroll), then any savings is actually taking money OUT of the economy, not putting it in.

Because what these estimates usually refer to is the total amount of goods and service, including wages, in industries in which illegals are involved. But this work would all get done without illegals and was before we were swamped with these Third World mooches. And things were fine. Businesses still made acceptable profits, people earned living wages, etc and so forth. Illegals have been like the plague of locusts eating out the sustenance of the American people.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:06 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
I have no problem with them. They are good and hardworking people. I know because I work with them everyday.

Some Americans don't want to work, they would rather go on city data and complain about liberals all day.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:26 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I have no problem with them. They are good and hardworking people. I know because I work with them everyday.

Some Americans don't want to work, they would rather go on city data and complain about liberals all day.
Doesn't matter how "good" or "hardworking" they are.

They broke our laws and are here illegally. Since that is a fact, it's not worth discussing... those who oppose them being here have the law on their side and those the defend them are on the side of lawbreakers.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:23 AM

193 posts, read 92,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
So taking the word of the obviously biased fairus.org over the Congressional Budget Office as an impartial evaluation on the net cost of illegal immigrants? Yes, they consume tax money, but they contribute more.
The cbo used legal immigration in its data and I still question that. Even legal immigrants are much likelier to use welfare services than native citizens and its a huge burden on schools,hospitals ,p[police forces etc.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:54 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
You're framing a lot of stereotypes here. Illegal aliens are in just about every state in the country.
But only one state in the country has declared itself a sanctuary state.

I think the politicians know this isn't as popular (among citizens and legal residents anyway) as they tout it to be, which is why we were never allowed to vote on it.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:13 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post
The cbo used legal immigration in its data and I still question that. Even legal immigrants are much likelier to use welfare services than native citizens and its a huge burden on schools,hospitals ,p[police forces etc.
No, the quote I referenced specifically says legal and unauthorized.
https://www.hsdl.org/?abstract&did=481670
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies