Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 11:39 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Let's talk about their contribution to SS. It would seem to me that if they are having SS and medicare taken from their paychecks than they are using a stolen SS number. Since they've taken on this identity - what's to stop them years down the road from collecting SS and medicare on that same stolen card?

This guy collected over $361,000 from the govt with a stolen ID - I'm sure he's not the only one!

Illegal alien stole an identity to collect nearly $361,000 in government benefits - Kristine Phillips
DACA recipients have legal social security numbers.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:45 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,670,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You are not answering the question I asked

"Unauthorized workers usually demonstrate their employment eligibility with fake IDs and fake social security numbers. Once hired, these “questionably documented” workers, as Michael calls them, end up on the payroll and have taxes automatically taken out of their checks, like any other employee. That money then goes to the federal treasury to fund programs like Social Security and Medicare."

What's to stop them from collecting SS benefits on these fake IDs
Nothing!

If you read the above links, it is their plan to use this tax payer claim to gain citizenship. Actually, if they get citizenship, they might frame the alien problem through clear eyes when they have to pay for their buddies.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:11 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWonderWoman View Post
Just heard Governor Brown speak. Listened to Jeff Sessions. So bottom line to all of you from California. How DO YOU FEEL about illegal aliens living in your state? How do you feel about so much of your tax dollars going to support them? How do you feel about hiding them from ICE. What do you REALLY think about Sanctuary Cities? Please be honest.

How DO YOU FEEL about illegal aliens living in your state?
Everybody wants to live in California - the homeless from red states, the illegals from outside the border, the rich foreigners, even right-wing talk pundits. Californians are used to people dying to be here, come hell or high water. Do I care that there are illegals here? Not one bit.

Now, if you live in a town of 1,000 and suddenly 200 illegals flooded your town. Sure, I can see why you'd be concern. But the Bay Area has a population of 7,000,000 people, maybe 5% is illegals. Is it ideal? No. But is it a really really pressing issue? No. There are at least 100 more important things on the agenda.

How do you feel about so much of your tax dollars going to support them?
I cannot find a legit number to show how much we are paying to support them. The published number includes interest payment on government bonds (!!) and includes things that we'd be paying for even if there are no illegals. I like to go with the following number:

Taxes paid by illegals: $3.5 billions
Contribution to CA economyL $180 billions
Cost of illegals to taxpayes: $23 billions

Taken as a whole, CA is still $160 billions ahead.

How do you feel about hiding them from ICE?
We don't hide them from ICE. We protect our legal immigrants from ICE, there's a difference.

What do you REALLY think about Sanctuary Cities?
One of the best policy ever! Every cop I know hates doing immigration work. It's not what they signed up for and it's tedious and time consuming and takes their time away the really important stuff! With Sanctuary Cities, it leaves those immigration issue to ICE, the agency that is supposed to handle it, and allows our law enforcement to focus what they are meant for: crime.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Who's cherry picking? Schools are funded by property taxes regardless of student's immigration status. More residents = more housing = more school revenue
It's sad how people like you have no understanding of economics, while believing you do.

I pay property taxes in CA and my children have been out of the PSS for well over a decade. You act as if there's no cost to each student. Even grade shcool teachers here are paid 6 figures and all have a teachers aide who pull down 40-60k. So every classroom of 18 kids are costing at least 150,000 a year.

$10k per student... how many illegal immigrant children are in our schools?

On top of that the US rank 28th in education while we rank #1 for the cost per student.

Do some simple math before acting like it's a gain, IT IS NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

I cannot find a legit number to show how much we are paying to support them. The published number includes interest payment on government bonds (!!) and includes things that we'd be paying for even if there are no illegals. I like to go with the following number:

Taken as a whole, CA is still $160 billions ahead.

"I cannot find a legit number to show how much we are paying to support them."

So you cherry picked numbers that suit you... or simply made them up.

Smart guy, explain why CA is bankrupt even after 4x multi billion dollar tax hikes!

Old 03-08-2018, 12:25 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
How DO YOU FEEL about illegal aliens living in your state?
Everybody wants to live in California - the homeless from red states, the illegals from outside the border, the rich foreigners, even right-wing talk pundits. Californians are used to people dying to be here, come hell or high water. Do I care that there are illegals here? Not one bit.

Now, if you live in a town of 1,000 and suddenly 200 illegals flooded your town. Sure, I can see why you'd be concern. But the Bay Area has a population of 7,000,000 people, maybe 5% is illegals. Is it ideal? No. But is it a really really pressing issue? No. There are at least 100 more important things on the agenda. .

Trust me, not everyone wants to live there...any place that needs a map (certain city) so you don't walk in human poop....you can keep.

Quote:

Taken as a whole, CA is still $160 billions ahead..

Not 100% true, the link I provide earlier states different, it's give and take at the federal level, but in the city level, in takes away....

Quote:
How do you feel about hiding them from ICE?
We don't hide them from ICE. We protect our legal immigrants from ICE, there's a difference..

Then you should not have a problem when ICE comes for illegals, yes. I mean that mayor (I think) told them to run, if they were legal why did they run...see the difference...

Quote:
What do you REALLY think about Sanctuary Cities?
One of the best policy ever! Every cop I know hates doing immigration work. It's not what they signed up for and it's tedious and time consuming and takes their time away the really important stuff! With Sanctuary Cities, it leaves those immigration issue to ICE, the agency that is supposed to handle it, and allows our law enforcement to focus what they are meant for: crime.

Best policy ever? Yes, if ICE is allowed to do there job, yet you seem to be against the law....

Old 03-08-2018, 12:34 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
OK, to be fair....I would like people who actually LIVE in California to say they are either OK with all of their tax dollars going to support illegal aliens, or NO they aren't happy with what the government is forcing them to comply with.
Really? So ALL of their tax dollars go towards supporting illegals? You sure about that?

Old 03-08-2018, 12:49 PM

683 posts, read 465,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Really? So ALL of their tax dollars go towards supporting illegals? You sure about that?
Ok, grammatical error. Not ALL of their tax dollars, but hey, even $1 a year toward supporting someone who is illegal is $1 too many, right?

Old 03-08-2018, 12:51 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Ok, grammatical error. Not ALL of their tax dollars, but hey, even $1 a year toward supporting someone who is illegal is $1 too many, right?
I believe in not punishing children for the sins of their parents, since you can't choose your parents; and I'm sure I'm not alone

Old 03-08-2018, 12:52 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

"I cannot find a legit number to show how much we are paying to support them."

So you cherry picked numbers that suit you... or simply made them up.

Smart guy, explain why CA is bankrupt even after 4x multi billion dollar tax hikes!

I used the right-wing's number. $23 billions cost and $3.5 billions of taxes is the figure they like to peddle.

$180 billions of economy worth is the number released by CA State Controller Betty Yee.

So yeah, I cherry picked - I picked the most unfavorable number possible from a right-wing source combine with the number released by the CA state controller.

Quote:

California's undocumented workers help the economy grow – but may pay the cost

Betty Yee, California state controller, said undocumented immigrants’ ​labor is worth more than $180 billion a year ​to California's economy — about equal to the 2015 gross domestic product for the entire state of Oklahoma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

California has billions in surplus.

You need a dumb guy from the right-wing to explain this bit of fake news that CA is bankrupt. And you will have no problem finding such a person.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:53 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I believe in not punishing children for the sins of their parents, since you can't choose your parents; and I'm sure I'm not alone

What about that illegal that killed that lady, that was deported 5 times (I think) and kept coming back, do you support him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies