Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 02:18 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,729,894 times

Advertisements

I think this is a big talking point both parties really insert eachother with

Liberals

-Live in urban areas
-Use more paper on average
-Are more into clothes and fashion
-Traffic jams

Conservatives

-Meat industry
-Hunting
-Use cars that barely pass emissions
-Heat is much stronger I would argue

I think this is quite a mixed bag

Old 03-07-2018, 04:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,929,366 times
it goes beyond liberal or conservative. as for your lists, they are rubbish. i am conservative and my cars pass emissionss with flying colors.

in the end both side care about the environment, just that both sides look to manage it in different ways. its the extremists you have to worry about on both sides.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it goes beyond liberal or conservative. as for your lists, they are rubbish. i am conservative and my cars pass emissionss with flying colors.

in the end both side care about the environment, just that both sides look to manage it in different ways. its the extremists you have to worry about on both sides.
That’s because is supposed to be a general idea list of how both groups affect the environment, is not supposed to be accurate and perfect

I don’t think of conservatives owning a Tesla or a Prius, but I will admit I also don’t think liberals are much different on the automotive and transportation department. Subarus, Corvettes, Audi A3, etc. And hardly is the public commute any good anyways since you have to deal with traffic jams...

Old 03-07-2018, 07:28 PM

IMO, organic is also just about as common in rural communities as it is liberal areas.

https://www.cornucopia.org/2017/02/o...vative-values/

Old 03-07-2018, 07:29 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,760,051 times
Look at what Trump is doing with the EPA. He basically wants to kill it and give it to the states.
The EPA calls Monsanto "the customer" now.
Trump and Scott Pruitt call all the employee buyouts "cost reductions" while Scott Pruitt flies first class and buys sound proof booths for his office.
Trump is allowing offshore drilling around the entire country and the first thing that happens is he gives a pass to Florida where Mar-a-Lago is.
Trump reduced national monuments to do fracking instead.
The GOP is trying to prevent California from setting automobile environmental standards because they consider them too strict.
Odds are, if the EPA is killed and moved to the states, the next move will be to prevent the states from setting their own environmental standards so basically NOTHING is protected.
Trump removed the US from the Paris Agreement.
The Trump administration has strongly discouraged any reference to climate change.
The Trump administration has removed environmental scientists from the Environmental Protection Agency.
Trump has created a tax plan that helps coal and harms solar.
Trump proposes ending climate and clean energy programs.
Trump's EPA has loosened regulations on toxic air pollution.

There is much more but the reality is, I don't think there is another president in history that has been more anti-environment than Trump - even Republican ones.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...e-environment/

Old 03-07-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Look at what Trump is doing with the EPA. He basically wants to kill it and give it to the states.
The EPA calls Monsanto "the customer" now.
Trump and Scott Pruitt call all the employee buyouts "cost reductions" while Scott Pruitt flies first class and buys sound proof booths for his office.
Trump is allowing offshore drilling around the entire country and the first thing that happens is he gives a pass to Florida where Mar-a-Lago is.
Trump reduced national monuments to do fracking instead.
The GOP is trying to prevent California from setting automobile environmental standards because they consider them too strict.
Odds are, if the EPA is killed and moved to the states, the next move will be to prevent the states from setting their own environmental standards so basically NOTHING is protected.
Trump removed the US from the Paris Agreement.
The Trump administration has strongly discouraged any reference to climate change.
The Trump administration has removed environmental scientists from the Environmental Protection Agency.
Trump has created a tax plan that helps coal and harms solar.
Trump proposes ending climate and clean energy programs.
Trump's EPA has loosened regulations on toxic air pollution.

There is much more but the reality is, I don't think there is another president in history that has been more anti-environment than Trump - even Republican ones.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...e-environment/
That’s because he’s dumbass, why he became president is beyond me. And it hardly has anything to do with being republican. He bandwagoned as a Democrat years before joining the presidential game.

Remember also liberals have it with the mass immigration too.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:38 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,760,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
That’s because he’s dumbass, why he became president is beyond me. And it hardly has anything to do with being republican. He bandwagoned as a Democrat years before joining the presidential game.

Remember also liberals have it with the mass immigration too.
But the question was who cares more about the environment. Trump is giving Republicans every environmental killing policy they ever dreamed of AND MORE. It is ironic that as soon as Trump said offshore drilling on every coast, a Florida Republican governor demanded an exception for them and Trump granted it - conveniently in a state where he owns Mar-a-Lago.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
But the question was who cares more about the environment. Trump is giving Republicans every environmental killing policy they ever dreamed of AND MORE. It is ironic that as soon as Trump said offshore drilling on every coast, a Florida Republican governor demanded an exception for them and Trump granted it - conveniently in a state where he owns Mar-a-Lago.
Question: Are cities good for the environment?

Old 03-07-2018, 07:41 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,491,750 times
Who cares more about the environment: Liberals or conservatives?

Beyond a shadow of a doubt liberals care more about the environment.

Interestingly I find liberals are willing to learn from their mistakes and adjust, so while they may engage in practices which defeat their core values they are much more likely to adapt once they realize the seriousness of an issue or learn of a better way.

Conservatism by it's very nature is a resistance to change, and in it's most extreme form is reactionary.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:43 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,511,741 times
Quote:
And the worse part of that is Gov. Scott used to be pro-drilling. But he is running for senate and is now switching sides on the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies