Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2018, 11:55 AM

272 posts, read 217,902 times

Advertisements

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/f...-a3792911.html

Quote:
Female activists "self-identified as men" to join a male-only swimming session in protest against changes to gender law.

Amy Desir, 30, and another woman who wished to remain anonymous took part in the all-male evening at Dulwich Leisure Centre after telling staff they “self-identified” as men.

Ms Desir donned a pair of swimming shorts and a pink floral swimming cap to take a dip.

She told the Standard: “Most of the men didn’t seem to mind. We had one elderly gentleman ask if we knew it was a men-only night.

“I said, ‘I am a man’ and he said, ‘oh really.’ It was a very British response.”
These people are all kinds of nuts!

Old 03-21-2018, 12:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
As a kid I did something similar many times, for very different reasons.

Back then, Chicago Park District Pools we’re segregated during the week. Boys got Mon, Wed and Friday. Girls got Turs and Thurs. Girls were required to wear bathing caps, regardless of the length of their hair. The Park District would not take job applications from qualified girls for life guard positions or swim instructors. Instead, girls could apply for shower room and toilet clean up.

The Park District did not know what to do with me. Most times they just let me be and I was able to swim all week days. I wore a tee shirt over my suit.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies