Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 02:31 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,102,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
No matter how many protest is announce or March Congress is not goin act on gun control bill. NRA and other sources filling politicians pockets
Times are changing, these kids are going to vote, they are driven, this is their issue.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:32 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,578,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
That was my experience.

Sad that Saltine is reduced to making it this about litter at the march.
Well, when you've got nothing.....

Old 03-24-2018, 02:33 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
To bad they're not marching for more money for mental health issues.

Guns have been around for a few hundred years.

The big question should be why are there so many angry kids?
The massive turnout shows there are a lot of Americans out here who are sick and tired of the carnage. These kids did more than just give lip service to it, though, they began a movement. Much like the protest marches in the '60s, the huge support these kids are getting signals a change in the direction of the country. And one that is long overdue.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:36 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,367,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Actually if you had listen to it the March was for more Mental Health and Gun control policies it was NOT about banning guns or taking away the second amendment as the kool aid gang will have you believe by cherry picking signs and speakers that were not the mainstream of this March.

I am a gun owner , I believe in the second amendment and I was at my city’s March and so were many others that believe as I do.
Lol yeah right! They want to ban anything that resembles what hey see in Liberal Hollywood movies (AR15's). To say otherwise is purposely being naive.

How can anyone take these people seriously when they have signs that has grenade launchers on them? Just ridiculous, LOl

Old 03-24-2018, 02:39 PM

30,666 posts, read 18,295,618 times
Quote:
If you think this is a left vs right issue which is what the politicians will like to make you believe and turn every issue into, then my friend you need to take your glasses of. This March had Democrats,Republicans,independents, every race, every age group and once again it was not about ending the second amendment as those in power want you to believe.

If you think it’s only a few left wingers, you are severely underestimating those that are marching.
Its not a left vs. right issue inherently, but the loudest mouths at the march have made it so by taking decidedly leftist positions and trying to shut down any debate to the contrary. Tucker Carlson chronicles this very nicely: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...extremist.html

This is one of the things that frustrates me greatly with this group. But I knew this from the jump when I saw how Hogg and others treated Senator Rubio at the CNN Town Hall and came to the defense of the spineless Sheriff Israel after his abject failure of leadership.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:39 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,457,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
They are not intellectually capable of making rational decisions at their age. They are easy to mold into slogan-chanting bots.
Fortunately we have a Constitution that prevents rash political moves.
And they are registered to vote and are registering THOUSANDS more to vote out the NRA whores in Congress.

I say BRAVO!

Old 03-24-2018, 02:41 PM

30,666 posts, read 18,295,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The massive turnout shows there are a lot of Americans out here who are sick and tired of the carnage. These kids did more than just give lip service to it, though, they began a movement. Much like the protest marches in the '60s, the huge support these kids are getting signals a change in the direction of the country. And one that is long overdue.
They better learn lessons from the protest marches of the 60s as there was intense public and electoral backlash against that movement.

Btw, I couldn't believe Hogg proclaiming that he was going "use his white privilege" to give voice to the minority victims of shooting violence. This is not the type of person this "movement" needs at the top. It is exactly that type of language and mindset why we have President Trump.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:42 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,102,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol yeah right! They want to ban anything that resembles what hey see in Liberal Hollywood movies (AR15's). To say otherwise is purposely being naive.

How can anyone take these people seriously when they have signs that has grenade launchers on them? Just ridiculous, LOl
Ridiculous? Just that’s a simple of way to lump everyone into one safe group that you can dismiss. The same as lumping all gun owners into the crazy gun toting violent ones.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:42 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,731,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
One of those "old" people participating is Paul McCartney. He was asked why he showed up at a young person's rally. His answer: "I had a dear friend of mine killed by a gunman".
He still has a way with words...
Oh...

Old 03-24-2018, 02:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee
the left can carry signs, scream, curse, and use naïve children to further their agenda under our laws.

10s of millions of americans under the constitution of the untited states of america support the 2nd amendment, are law abiding gun owners and dismiss the irrelevant antics of a few marchers[/i].
Quote:
If you think this is a left vs right issue which is what the politicians will like to make you believe and turn every issue into, then my friend you need to take your glasses of. This March had Democrats,Republicans,independents, every race, every age group and once again it was not about ending the second amendment as those in power want you to believe.

If you think it’s only a few left wingers, you are severely underestimating those that are marching.
Some people insist in dividing EVERY issue into "left" vs "right".

Of course people from both aisles want to stop school shootings. Very few fringe people want to do nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies