Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 01:38 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOTS of businessmen do that. Trump cant get through 12 pages, let alone 2000. And he took as little time as congress did to read and understand it...then criticized them for that. LOL.

But what GOOD businessmen do is have minions that DO read it. But even that takes time....that Trump didnt spend.
Exactly, no one expects a busy exec to read that much. Besides, you want someone with specialized knowledge to do the reading, not just anyone. And then that person explains it to the exec.

But I suspect what happened is that McConnell/Ryan told Trump "we have a deal, if you don't sign it, all hell will break loose" or something like that. And they spoke truth.

I also suspect that McConnell/Ryan were briefing a WH staffer all along (I think work on this bill started weeks ago), but Trump's eyes just glazed over whenever that staffer (tried to) brief him. Budgeting for an organization as large as the US pretty much IS rocket science. You either are a wonk yourself or you have a wonk you listen to carefully and whose judgement you trust.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:49 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,146,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post
Expansion of unskilled H-2B labor
No wall
$718 Billion in military spending for globalist wars
No cutting of funds to sanctuary cities
Money for shumers pet projects like this ridiculous 600 million dollar tunnel
Growing government at a breakneck pace with record levels of spending
A 2300 page bill that almost no one voting on has read

There is absolutely no reason for the republican party to exist at this point if this is what they are going to accomplish with the most power they have had in 100 years .The Republican leadership is so weak. At this point who cares who wins the midterms, the Democrats are going to get what they want anyway

You're right. I'll direct you to my post of an article by conservatives urging everyone to vote Dem.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-vote-dem.html
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies