Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2018, 06:21 PM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh, NOW you all wanna pretend as if you supported Castile when you clearly didn’t.

It was the Right that ran out and pocops articles about Castile being a Crip, a habitual criminal, and casted all kinds of aspersions on his girlfriend.

No I didn’t. Find it.

Again, I don’t care about what folks think of BLM. After the Castile murder, I support it wholeheartedly.

I have issues with BLM, yes, but I ain’t gonna tell you what they are.
You will not find a single post from me anywhere supporting the cop that killed Castille, the man that was shot for pulling his wallet, or any of the other bad cop incidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 06:37 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Sorry guys but the position of the police protectors is simply absurd.

Yes Police Officers have a right to use lethal force in the situations where there life is threatened.

But on they do not have the right to exercise that privilege and be wrong. So we need a set of laws or requirements that punish a police officer if he is wrong and kills someone. No, not murder, but some form of negligent manslaughter. If you fire on someone who turns out to be unarmed you get convicted of a felony and can no longer be a police officer.

This is similar to the Zimmerman action in FL. No it was not murder but if you display an incorrect judgement and kill someone you will take a significant hit for it.

The object is to make police and even citizens aware that if you shoot an unarmed person you will pay a price for it. Make the shooter consider the cost of a mistake.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:41 PM

24,599 posts, read 9,440,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Sorry guys but the position of the police protectors is simply absurd.

Yes Police Officers have a right to use lethal force in the situations where there life is threatened.

But on they do not have the right to exercise that privilege and be wrong. So we need a set of laws or requirements that punish a police officer if he is wrong and kills someone.
We do, the cop has his day in court and the jury decide whether or not to charge them.

Breaking news, the cop will almost always win. Your beef should be with the jury of the cops peers that keeps letting these "bad" cops off. Good luck changing the constitution or the psychology of Americans that choose police over criminals.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:49 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
We do, the cop has his day in court and the jury decide whether or not to charge them.

Breaking news, the cop will almost always win. Your beef should be with the jury of the cops peers that keeps letting these "bad" cops off. Good luck changing the constitution or the psychology of Americans that choose police over criminals.
Very well stated

Old 03-28-2018, 06:54 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,830,727 times
If you watch the video about 5 -10 seconds before Clark is shot, the police go around a blind corner, then tell Clark to show his hands. IF they were so concerned that Clark had a gun why would they go around a blind corner to confront him ?

Aren't police trained to take cover ?

BTW, those must have been some very valuable car windows.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:

nope. We need to redefine the law. Simply that anyone who shoots an unarmed individual who is unarmed commits a low level felony. Nothing hard about it. You just need the jury to answer the right question. You shoot someone who is unarmed you commit a felony.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:02 PM

24,599 posts, read 9,440,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
nope. We need to redefine the law. Simply that anyone who shoots an unarmed individual who is unarmed commits a low level felony. Nothing hard about it. You just need the jury to answer the right question. You shoot someone who is unarmed you commit a felony.
Good luck getting that law implemented. In the meantime, I hope you're writing your congressmen and making your political donations to get the wheel moving.

Don't worry when your law goes into effect (it won't), the black community will still be in a dire status with self-inflicted violence and I'll still be here wondering why we continued to ignored it.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:03 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
If you watch the video about 5 -10 seconds before Clark is shot, the police go around a blind corner, then tell Clark to show his hands. IF they were so concerned that Clark had a gun why would they go around a blind corner to confront him ?

Aren't police trained to take cover ?

BTW, those must have been some very valuable car windows.
Are you saying that police shouldn't care about someone smashing car windows? Should they just ignore him and let the car owners file insurance claims?

If someone was smashing my car windows, I'd want the criminal arrested, tried and paying restitution for the damage he caused and for my time dealing with getting my car fixed.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Good luck getting that law implemented. In the meantime, I hope you're writing your congressmen and making your political donations to get the wheel moving.

Don't worry when your law goes into effect (it won't), the black community will still be in a dire status with self-inflicted violence and I'll still be here wondering why we continued to ignored it.
Needs the right screw up. But it will come. The cops somewhere will gun down a couple of nice teenagers or such. Martin almost did it. But it will come. The cops simply will not modify their bad behavior. So they will bring it on. Maybe kill the infant and the mother holding her because they could not see her hands.

It will come.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:34 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,830,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Are you saying that police shouldn't care about someone smashing car windows? Should they just ignore him and let the car owners file insurance claims?

If someone was smashing my car windows, I'd want the criminal arrested, tried and paying restitution for the damage he caused and for my time dealing with getting my car fixed.
Yes I am saying that. No ones life is worth some car windows. The police even brought out the chopper. What a waste of time and resources.

Come back the next day during daylight and ask the neighbors if they saw anything and write some reports.

I bet the cops wish they had did just that, because whether or not they get charged, their careers are over in that town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies