Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2018, 05:23 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,053,602 times

Advertisements

It could be interesting to see David Hogg having a chat with this guy interviewed on CNN at 9:30 in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=kOkFoGeeVUM

Old 03-28-2018, 06:49 AM

29,505 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It’s easy to convert an AR-15 to full auto.

Why get nitpicky? They’re essentially the same.
Is it ? I've got multiple AR's and an old SKS and haven't the slightest idea how one would convert one. I'm assuming the changes are in the BCG and Trigger group but as far as how.. .I'm clueless.

Can you explain how easy it is ? And it is far from being nitpicky ... about as far as could be. Also, in doing said modifications one goes from a law abiding citizen to a felon. Unless you are Karen Mallard (running for Congress in VA) she unintentionally created an SBR on video by cutting the barrel down on a operational AR. She has yet to be arrested, and probably won't be.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:13 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:

If you want full auto, you have to get a registered select fire lower (pre 1986) and that’s over 20 grand.
You can get a registered drop in auto sear for a standard lower, that’s also 20 grand.
You can get a lightning link for a stand lower. They are going for 15 grand and no select fire. Either way you are going to pay out the nose and fill out a lot of paperwork plus endure rigorous inspections.

Does that help you?

Might want to jot this down if that's what you want to do.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:20 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Is it ? I've got multiple AR's and an old SKS and haven't the slightest idea how one would convert one. I'm assuming the changes are in the BCG and Trigger group but as far as how.. .I'm clueless.

Can you explain how easy it is ?
Many of the semi auto rifles lower receivers are constructed so they CAN NOT be converted to full auto. Also, it is already VERY, VERY ILLEGAL to convert, and you will do a lot of jail time if you do. Also, how many crimes, or murders are committed with a full auto rife? I haven't heard of one in decades. The fact is they are NOT used in crime and AR-15's are very rarely used in crime. This is pure emotion, and some on here let their emotion, and NOT FACTS rule themselves. It is pretty embarrassing for them.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:26 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Aren't you the one who was asking for "honest" conversation about this? Then you go ask a bunch of questions about hypothetical scenarios and dismiss all of my honest answers by brushing them off as hypothetical assumptions? Just remember that as you sit there convincing yourself that its the other side/guy who is the reason that we cant have honest conversations on the topic.
Huh? What hypothetical situations did I use? You’re the one who thinks your average gun owner is going to repel the US military, I just disagree. You’re also the one who brought up all the hacking scenarios on registration data. If you didn’t want to discuss those things, you shouldn’t have brought them up.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:06 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
Hogg is apparently making plans to find a small town in Nebraska to take his preachings to, a small town with lots of cornfields around it.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:31 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I'm talking about the different state laws and how it is easier to buy guns in some states than others. You didn't disprove that someone can buy guns in states with easier gun laws and have them transported to other states. Furthermore, you have already said that criminals don't follow laws, so why would they bother with legal transfer between states? And you can't really argue with the point about cities in individual states. There are clear weak spots.

Literally anything I said was going to be ignored anyway, because this isn't really an honest discussion. You are fine with how things are. Dead people are merely an inconsequential, acceptable condition of one's ability to amass an arsenal.
Why are you not focused on your own country’s murder rate? How is Mexico’s gun control working out for it’s citizens?

Old 03-28-2018, 05:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Many of the semi auto rifles lower receivers are constructed so they CAN NOT be converted to full auto. Also, it is already VERY, VERY ILLEGAL to convert, and you will do a lot of jail time if you do.

No. It is just illegal to purchase one, without paying the tax. It takes a $200 tax stamp on the purchase.

(reply to bold)If we are still talking the AR style platform lower. It takes the same size hole as the trigger group pin holes drilled above the bigger fire selector hole. All AR style lowers can be drilled to accept the pin holding the full auto disconnector. The M16 fire selector(drop in same hole as the semi-auto selector)

Then make or purchase this.... 1- OEM Full Auto Disconnector and 1- OEM Full Auto Selector
BGR M16 Full Auto Fire Control Group | Bayou Gun Runner

Old 03-28-2018, 05:52 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:

Not a single response ^^^^^^^^ anything anyone asked below...who woulda thunk it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Of course it can be done, like any semi auto pistol/rifle/shotgun.....

But please, tell us how easy it is, do inform us of what differences between the rifles are that make the AR so much more easy to convert? We shall all wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

Can you explain how easy it is ? And it is far from being nitpicky ... about as far as could be. Also, in doing said modifications one goes from a law abiding citizen to a felon. Unless you are Karen Mallard (running for Congress in VA) she unintentionally created an SBR on video by cutting the barrel down on a operational AR. She has yet to be arrested, and probably won't be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If you want full auto, you have to get a registered select fire lower (pre 1986) and that’s over 20 grand.
You can get a registered drop in auto sear for a standard lower, that’s also 20 grand.
You can get a lightning link for a stand lower. They are going for 15 grand and no select fire. Either way you are going to pay out the nose and fill out a lot of paperwork plus endure rigorous inspections.

Does that help you?

Might want to jot this down if that's what you want to do.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:08 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yeah, you really should start reloading, given how much you're using you could drop your cost drastically. I hope you're keeping all your brass in case you decide to.
Do you have any recommendations on what to get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies