Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 12:19 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Now I'm offended by your remark. I put forth facts and asked you to show me mass vehicular manslaughters and mass stabbings with the same body count. You have failed to do so. The factor is the tool used, not just the individual. I think mass stabbings only stab about five people before the perpetrators is subdued. A car, people can avoid in most cases decreasing the body count. But a gun, can get we as a society are too stupid to realize this.
Don't bother, seriously.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:19 PM

88,978 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The laws are unconstitutional, but yes they are breaking the law. The question is, are the actually using the guns in crime? NO, they are not. They are using them responsibly. Why isn't the state enforcing the law?

Also, at what point do law abiding people, peacefully engage in civil disobedience when their government passes laws that are clearly illegal? What if slavery, or even discrimination were made legal again? Would you not protest that?
Correct. Laws restricting gun ownership are unConstitutional and tyrannical, as...

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Let's say, for example, that the government enacted a law that people no longer have the First Amendment Right to Free Speech anymore in almost every circumstance. Government-controlled expression. You think the marchers would be good with that? I don't.

If people expect their First Amendment Right to Free Speech to be respected, they in turn must respect people's 2nd Amendment Rights.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:20 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,050,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He shouldn't have been. As I posted earlier...
So your post just proves that there are problems with the existing laws. Finally!!

Old 03-27-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
As a non-gun owner I find this to be a horrible idea. Why not just publish a list of what homes to come rob?
100% registration is a prelude to confiscation. It'll never happen. NY state tried to do that and only got a 4.4% compliance rate. Blue state. 4.4% compliance with their recently enacted mandatory registration law.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You show your ignorance here. You can not legally buy a gun in another state, and transport it into your home state. It must be legal in your home state, and it must be shipped to a Federally licensed dealer (FFL holder) in YOUR state where all applicable laws apply. You then must PASS a background check, and fill out Federal Form 4473.
Correct.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:25 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,050,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Correct. Laws restricting gun ownership are unConstitutional and tyrannical, as...

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Let's say, for example, that the government enacted a law that people no longer have the First Amendment Right to Free Speech anymore in almost every circumstance. Government-controlled expression. You think the marchers would be good with that? I don't.

If people expect their First Amendment Right to Free Speech to be respected, they in turn must respect people's 2nd Amendment Rights.
You guys always forget to quote the whole thing. Why is that?

You are also making a false equivalency, I assume to fearmonger, that this is about banning all guns. Of course people would have a problem with removing the 1st Amendment, something which, by the way, government cannot unilaterally do. Of course people would be upset and be in the streets. But similarly, there is very little actual support for ending the 2nd, even among liberals, many of which are gun owners themselves. And even if there was such support, it'd still take a constitutional convention to do it, which is highly unlikely. So say it with me: A limitation is not a ban.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:26 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Why would registration of guns be public knowledge?
I don't know, why would personal info of 20,000 FBI agents be public knowledge?

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...000-fbi-agents

Why would US nuclear secrets be public knowledge?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...r-secrets.html

I could give you examples all day long
https://digitalguardian.com/blog/top...aches-all-time

If we cant protect nuclear secrets or the personal information of FBI agents and, government employees, and veterans, what makes you think this list wouldn't fall to the same fate? Its a horrible idea, plus it flies in the face of being able to enjoy those rights afforded by the 2nd. Im not one who believes a confiscation would happen, but boy wouldn't your list make that REALLY easy?

Old 03-27-2018, 12:27 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
So your post just proves that there are problems with the existing laws. Finally!!
Yes. ALL STATE gun laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL, and ILLEGAL. Firearms are the sole responsibility of the Federal Government. The states gave up their right to regulate guns when they became states! That's the problem!

Old 03-27-2018, 12:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Cruz was a legal gun owner. Most of the people who commit mass murder with guns got them from legal gun owners or purchased them legally. Most laws aren't designed for everyone, anyway. There are laws against rape and murder even though most people will never do either.

"Responsible gun owners" have had years to come to the table with solutions. Instead, they only offer "thoughts and prayers" and throwing yet more guns into every situation. That is NOT rational, and until they become so, yeah... gun nut fits.

The solution is quit trying to disarm me, so I am like you as sitting prey for evil. You will never legislate out evil... They have tried.

Everyone shot in a mass shooting, was disarmed.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
The solution is NOT to pass even more laws that won't be enforced.

Had Cruz been prosecuted for his crimes, as he should have been (the unauthorized possession of a knife on school property is a 3rd degree felony in Florida - Cruz was selling knives to fellow students at school), he would NOT have passed the background check required to buy a gun.

Broward enacted the Obama/Holder-era policy to supposedly "end" the "school-to-prison pipeline," therefore Broward diverted Cruz out of the justice system and to only the school disciplinary system, which suspended him. Thus, he was able to maintain a clean criminal record, pass the background check, and buy the gun with which he proceeded to kill 17 innocent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies