Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 07:21 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
He is a great speaker and he has many people that hang on his every word. The Left loves him and will continue to promote him to further their agenda of rewriting the second amendment.

Hogg is a typical Left wing extremist who has not thought things through enough. He and his followers are demanding guns to be banned but he is against his schools attempts to increase security by only allowing see through backpacks.
What if instead of a rifle that terrible day the shooter had a back pack bomb, a knife or machete, or how about a back pack full of molotov cocktails that he lite and tossed into classrooms? Never mind a back pack the killer could have used a car to mow through the kids as they boarded a bus.

Evil will find a way no matter what we do.

What is dangerous and sad is that Hogg and his followers are so willing to give up their Constitutional Rights and take the Rights of everyone else.
First it will be the AR15 that gets banned, then semi automatics then some idiot will make like a sniper and shoot kids in the playground with a single shot bolt action rifle like the one Oswald killed Kennedy with and those will be banned as well.

Hogg is dangerous because he has such a narrow focus that guns are the problem when it is really a mental health issue and in this case like others, a failure of authorities to stop the killer.

Did any of the protest marches go to the FBI head quarters ?

No the problem is the NRA and Republicans.
This attack on our Rights is very single minded and directly pointed.
I think where you go wrong is that is not an attack, its a difference of opinion. He has every right to march for, advocate, dedicate his life to, the repeal of the 2nd amendment. That doesn't make it any more likely, the bar for repealing an amendment still where it is, there is an amendment process for a reason, if enough people get behind it so be it. I am fairly pro gun, I believe in the intent of the 2A, but if the majority of the country doesnt then it is what it is. To be clear I wouldnt like it or agree, but thats a different conversation we will cross that bridge when we get there, but the right of the kid to advocate for any political cause he wants is just as protected as my right to bear arms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 07:42 PM

29,487 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think Hogg is very good, but a little intense. The other kid who has been speaking up, Cameron Kasky, impresses me as being less emotional, more even keeled and more able to get his point across.

Ironically, the night of the shooting, I saw Kasky on tv being interviewed and thought to myself, as well as telling a few people--"that kid will be president someday."

Smart, articulate, mature, knowledgeable--I think he will be a force to be reckoned with.
Right, he is the one that stated "if you aren't with us, you're against us" , really ? Is this a war ? What irks me about him, Hogg and Gonzales is there is no rationalizing with them. They're way is the only way. In some of the interviews I've seen, they are one sided, they just take over and seem very militant. And oddly enough, with all their statements , it sounds like they want to bully their way to change....isn't bullying what possibly caused them to be targets in the first place ? And Hogg just seems completely disrespectful to adults. His statement about "old ass parents" and always having to figure out things for them, rubbed me the wrong way. His attitude reminds me of the kids that grew up with parents that concentrated more on being friends then parents.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:49 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Is this a war ? What irks me about him, Hogg and Gonzales is there is no rationalizing with them. They're way is the only way. In some of the interviews I've seen, they are one sided, they just take over and seem very militant. And oddly enough, with all their statements , it sounds like they want to bully their way to change....isn't bullying what possibly caused them to be targets in the first place?
Militant? Bully?
The NRA threw down the gauntlet right here ("We're Coming For You New York Times"):

https://youtu.be/AGa-GoILV9Y

Old 03-27-2018, 07:58 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Militant? Bully?
The NRA threw down the gauntlet right here ("We're Coming For You New York Times"):

Dana Loesch, a real PAID crisis actor.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:15 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
His story is straight. Others have taken his statements out of context to create this idiocy. Why do you folks fall for this over and over?

Read the thread.

So now there is a third story....now its culinary class? First it was he was at home. Then he was in Environmental Science class. And now somewhere else ?

And do people really expect us to believe these kids feel safe enough to film interviews when they are supposed to be sheltering and not making any noise?

The whole thing stinks. If as some have claimed, people have "taken it out of context" - referring to his comments about riding from school to home with his camera...and in reality he was at school when the shooting began, how was it that he managed to ride his bike six miles roundtrip (from school to home and then back) to film these interviews while the lockdown (as implied by the lights being turned down) was still in progress? How could he have gotten into a locked down campus, and a classroom that had the doors locked?

Old 03-27-2018, 08:17 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I think where you go wrong is that is not an attack, its a difference of opinion. He has every right to march for, advocate, dedicate his life to, the repeal of the 2nd amendment. That doesn't make it any more likely, the bar for repealing an amendment still where it is, there is an amendment process for a reason, if enough people get behind it so be it. I am fairly pro gun, I believe in the intent of the 2A, but if the majority of the country doesnt then it is what it is. To be clear I wouldnt like it or agree, but thats a different conversation we will cross that bridge when we get there, but the right of the kid to advocate for any political cause he wants is just as protected as my right to bear arms.
Sure, people have a right to advocate for stripping your fellow citizens of their natural rights...but then those people should not be surprised when they get shot for being an aggressive commie.

Nobody has any right to infringe on the natural rights of others....by doing so you forfeit your own.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:42 PM

911 posts, read 262,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd
Does it really matter at this point where he was when the shooting started? He could have been half way round the world and it wouldn't matter. The Left has hoisted this kid up as the poster child for the movement to ban guns and the crowd loves him.
EXACTLY TODD!!!!!!!

Thier gun agenda is in full swing... WHO KNOWS FOR SURE IF HE WAS THERE OR NOT!!

Old 03-28-2018, 01:22 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Hogg will disappear now, he's served his purpose and now has become a liability. He's being openly ridiculed and is damaging the cause due to his mannerisms and caustic personality. Being compared to Hitler was the last straw..
Its funny, he doesn't have to worry about the enemies he's made so much as the friends he thought he made. He better be very careful if he thinks they'll honor any promises they made to him.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:09 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Sigh.

It is okay to be pro gun.

It is not okay to be so pro gun you make stupid things up.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:41 AM

29,487 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Militant? Bully?

While I don't always agree with the NRA's tactics , and what Dana did wasn't probably the best thing but in reality she basically called them out and said they will be watching what the report about the NRA. Since the NYT has printed blatant lies about the organization. Either way , it is entirely different than Hogg and his disciples stating that the NRA and any gun owner is responsible for these tragedies and we have blood on our hands. That's a wonderful way to get people on your side, just blame an entire group , made up of millions that follow the law, for murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies