Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 08:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Sure, people have a right to advocate for stripping your fellow citizens of their natural rights...but then those people should not be surprised when they get shot for being an aggressive commie.

Nobody has any right to infringe on the natural rights of others....by doing so you forfeit your own.
You're advocating for shooting someone for a difference of opinion? Hogg has no ability to strip anything from you or anyone else. IF the second amendment were to be changed it would be politicians who do the changing, not a high school student or even a huge group of high school students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 08:31 AM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This is pure conjecture.

Is it ? I'm sure you've read many of the threads on this site, and I'm sure you see the news. Did you not see marches spanning the globe ? The hundreds of interviews of people that were at them, and all the pictures ? Assault weapon , weapon of war, someday woman will have more rights than guns, my life is more important than your hobby, etc...all slogans on signs from the march. And numerous pictures of an AR with a circle with a slash thru it. More signs with negative sayings against the NRA. You still think this is conjecture ?

Old 03-28-2018, 08:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Its a video. Its literally him telling two conflicting stories. Not someone SAYING he told two conflicting stories. Its him, on video, first saying one thing , then saying something that if true makes the first thing impossible to have occurred.
See post #19.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:45 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Is it ? I'm sure you've read many of the threads on this site, and I'm sure you see the news. Did you not see marches spanning the globe ? The hundreds of interviews of people that were at them, and all the pictures ? Assault weapon , weapon of war, someday woman will have more rights than guns, my life is more important than your hobby, etc...all slogans on signs from the march. And numerous pictures of an AR with a circle with a slash thru it. More signs with negative sayings against the NRA. You still think this is conjecture ?
Conjecture is opinion.

Your opinion is that the people who want to take away all of the guns from law abiding citizens will succeed.

My opinion is that there will be a middle ground reached.

I'm not worried.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:46 AM

242 posts, read 351,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Sigh.

It is okay to be pro gun.

It is not okay to be so pro gun you make stupid things up.
Ding ding ding - we have a winner.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Absolutely, and have been saying this all along. But with spokespeople like Gonzales and Hogg telling me I've got blood on my hands and if I'm not for them , I'm against them...well there will be no common ground.

Here is the thing. No matter how extreme some of the pro firearm arguments are... we have the 2A to back us up , currently. Any kind of common sense compromise has to come from us, which I am for. Keep pushing though, and the true 2A followers will dig their heels in and not budge. Which currently they can do since, the 2A backs them up.
In the 20 plus years I've been a firearms owner, I've never seen the left remotely want to talk common sense laws, and that their , plus some of the things I've seen stated by Democrat politicians tells me they don't want that, they want an all out ban if possible. And that makes the old school GOP politicians dig in. And that ends us in a stalemate.

We've been asking for common sense gun restrictions for years. After Columbine; after Sandy Hook - and conservatives didn't want to listen.

Suddenly - they want to find common ground?

Old 03-28-2018, 09:45 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,014,844 times
Quote:
Sure, people have a right to advocate for stripping your fellow citizens of their natural rights...but then those people should not be surprised when they get shot for being an aggressive commie.

Nobody has any right to infringe on the natural rights of others....by doing so you forfeit your own.
You are trying to introduce a larger conversation, so the larger question is whether you are a willing participant in a goverment that allows rights that you consider "natural" to be legislated and thereby curtailed or taken away. Hogg did not design this, he is able to advocate for stripping away your rights because there is a mechanism for it. I would also say that there are people on the opposite side of you that make the same argument as far as natural rights and "life" being one of them with an ill-trained, under educated, armed populace being a detriment to their right to life.
Personally i see it as collateral damage, I want the ability to protect myself against any aggressors, I understand people are going to break laws as they do with any other issue, I have kids that are school age, i look at the statistics about school shootings and I am pretty comfortable sending them to school, when you compound the odds of their school being a target and them actually getting hurt out of the pool of students, you get into airplane crash territory. To be clear I also feel this way about terrorism and the need to ban muslims, which would be my critique of the right.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:00 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We've been asking for common sense gun restrictions for years. After Columbine; after Sandy Hook - and conservatives didn't want to listen.

The problem with that is, any 'common sense' changes to gun laws/ regulations, the Govt and LE will be totally exempt from! If they are going to pass new gun laws, fine, but everyone must be included. That was the whole point of the 2nd, so govt cannot reach a point where it overpowers the people.

Far too many people are allowing these mass shootings to sway their opinion on guns in general, its a deception, pure and simple, Govt is taking advantage of these events to benefit itself, a more tyrannical authority, a stronger police state, etc....all in the name of safety/ security!

For all the skeptics, keep in mind, safety/ security was also the reason they used for creating the tough drug laws...of course today we know that was a complete lie, they had other motives in that, same thing going on with the guns now.

Personally I find it curious and suspect that our own Govt, those who ran the MK Ultra projects for decades, one of the goals was to create mind controlled assassins, to be used by Govt, and here we are in 2018, having a bunch of 'lonewolf' gunmen carrying out mass shootings...which is helping sway the minds of many people about guns. I cannot be the only one who sees a possible connection?! LOL

Old 03-28-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Conjecture is opinion.

Your opinion is that the people who want to take away all of the guns from law abiding citizens will succeed.

My opinion is that there will be a middle ground reached.

I'm not worried.

No, I actually don't think they will succeed. I have faith in out Constitution and the Supreme Court that they will do the right thing. I do think though, we will see changes. Unfortunately , if history has proven anything it won't be anything rational and thought out.

Just look at the first AWB ban. It was based on nothing but features on a rifle

Old 03-28-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Here we go again. There has been nothing common sense about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies