Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 06:00 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Hogg will disappear now, he's served his purpose and now has become a liability. He's being openly ridiculed and is damaging the cause due to his mannerisms and caustic personality. Being compared to Hitler was the last straw..
Its funny, he doesn't have to worry about the enemies he's made so much as the friends he thought he made. He better be very careful if he thinks they'll honor any promises they made to him.

We can only hope. When the left quits parading people like this around and actually is willing to listen maybe both sides can find some common ground.

I had to go thru multiple background checks to get my first handgun. Then even more of a thorough background check, fingerprinting and training to attain my CPL. Even after all that , to purchase a handgun I still get checked thru the NICS system. I have zero problems with this. And I feel purchasing long guns should go thru the same process. This should be implemented for both purchases of new and secondary (private) sales. If people think raising the age to purchase should be 21, I'm fine with that as long as the voting age is raised as well, with exceptions for those 18-20 that are active military.

Other than that we need to toughen up on our current firearms laws. I see too many local news reports (metro Detroit) that involve criminals that have had multiple firearms charges that had ended up being plea bargained in the past, yet were out on the street to do their thug life ... that makes no sense to me.

Also, currently I believe an FFL can deny selling a firearm to someone if they feel the person has lied on the 4473, even if they past the NICS check. That being said, our HIPAA laws should be relaxed so that information can be shared with the BATF/NICS. Then the FFL would have a heads up that maybe this person (like in the case of Cruz) should not own a firearm, and he can deny the sale.

Are these perfect solutions. No, there are none. Are they common sense, and might actually help ? I believe so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 06:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Oh look a quick little research on my own and I find this story to be fabricated.

But don't let that get in the way of your stories kids.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:07 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
In lieu of a cogent argument of why these kids are wrong to choose activism in the wake of a tragedy, the right attempts to smear the activists, or to claim the incident was a "false flag".

Intellectual dishonesty at the least, deliberate misinformation (aka fake news) at it's worst. And the usual suspects jump right in with their agreement.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh look a quick little research on my own and I find this story to be fabricated.

But don't let that get in the way of your stories kids.

I saw this Saturday, on a link to a CBS article. From that article it did seem legit, the way the video was edited. Now we find it isn't, fine. Just proof how the media is trying bias things one why or another.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:47 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
We can only hope. When the left quits parading people like this around and actually is willing to listen maybe both sides can find some common ground.

I had to go thru multiple background checks to get my first handgun. Then even more of a thorough background check, fingerprinting and training to attain my CPL. Even after all that , to purchase a handgun I still get checked thru the NICS system. I have zero problems with this. And I feel purchasing long guns should go thru the same process. This should be implemented for both purchases of new and secondary (private) sales. If people think raising the age to purchase should be 21, I'm fine with that as long as the voting age is raised as well, with exceptions for those 18-20 that are active military.

Other than that we need to toughen up on our current firearms laws. I see too many local news reports (metro Detroit) that involve criminals that have had multiple firearms charges that had ended up being plea bargained in the past, yet were out on the street to do their thug life ... that makes no sense to me.

Also, currently I believe an FFL can deny selling a firearm to someone if they feel the person has lied on the 4473, even if they past the NICS check. That being said, our HIPAA laws should be relaxed so that information can be shared with the BATF/NICS. Then the FFL would have a heads up that maybe this person (like in the case of Cruz) should not own a firearm, and he can deny the sale.

Are these perfect solutions. No, there are none. Are they common sense, and might actually help ? I believe so.
Sounds like you're in favor of some commonsense changes. You are not a "gun nut."

I'm hoping that we can reach some middle ground between taking everybody's guns away and doing nothing. I think you would agree.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Sounds like you're in favor of some commonsense changes. You are not a "gun nut."

I'm hoping that we can reach some middle ground between taking everybody's guns away and doing nothing. I think you would agree.

Absolutely, and have been saying this all along. But with spokespeople like Gonzales and Hogg telling me I've got blood on my hands and if I'm not for them , I'm against them...well there will be no common ground.

Here is the thing. No matter how extreme some of the pro firearm arguments are... we have the 2A to back us up , currently. Any kind of common sense compromise has to come from us, which I am for. Keep pushing though, and the true 2A followers will dig their heels in and not budge. Which currently they can do since, the 2A backs them up.
In the 20 plus years I've been a firearms owner, I've never seen the left remotely want to talk common sense laws, and that their , plus some of the things I've seen stated by Democrat politicians tells me they don't want that, they want an all out ban if possible. And that makes the old school GOP politicians dig in. And that ends us in a stalemate.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:00 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Note they didn't show the question he was asked, because it was NOT where were you during the shooting. He was asked how he got all the interviews the evening after the shooting.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I've never seen the left remotely want to talk commonsense laws . . . some of the things I've seen stated by Democrat politicians tells me they don't want that, they want an all out ban if possible. And that makes the old school GOP politicians dig in. And that ends us in a stalemate.
Seems like most people, on both sides, want commonsense solutions. There are fringe elements on both sides too.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Seems like most people, on both sides, want commonsense solutions. There are fringe elements on both sides too.
And unfortunately the fringe elements are the only ones being heard, and the people in our country that don't care one way or another about firearms , tend to follow what the left is spewing because of the spin they put on everything.

When you hear names like "weapons of war" or "assault rifles" that can spew 100's of bullets with one trigger pull per second, and those weapons are easier to buy then a candy bar.... And if one doesn't care either way, and doesn't want to do the research , they will take these false claims and believe them. And this is why organizations like the NRA make stands. They know they are not only trying to fight an agenda, but they are also fighting the uninformed.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
And unfortunately the fringe elements are the only ones being heard, and the people in our country that don't care one way or another about firearms, tend to follow what the left is spewing because of the spin they put on everything.

When you hear names like "weapons of war" or "assault rifles" that can spew 100's of bullets with one trigger pull per second, and those weapons are easier to buy then a candy bar. And if one doesn't care either way, and doesn't want to do the research , they will take these false claims and believe them. And this is why organizations like the NRA make stands. They know they are not only trying to fight an agenda, but they are also fighting the uninformed.
This is pure conjecture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies