Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 07:42 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times

Advertisements

Presidential speech writer lost a trial by media. How a person can lose everything when they did nothing wrong.

Its easy to say if a person didn't do anything wrong and nothing to hide why not let them be investigated.

Sorensen says the allegations against him weren't true, and he was a victim of the media's hatred of Trump.

In the same vain media's )former( responsibility was to hold those in power accountable. When they don't bother to investigate or verify information and present a one-sided view they can't be considered journalist.
Their function becomes the opposite of creditable. Unprincipled Media unchecked harms everyone seeking the truth.
)( = Put backwards not by accident.

Former Trump speechwriter: How I lost a trial by media | On Air Videos | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 07:57 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Oh, wow.....did a snowflake melt?

I have some bad news for you.

People get fired and demoted and hassled EVERY DAY for nothing...maybe someone doesn't like their looks, or thinks (corporately) that they are doing too good of a job (lazy people hate it when others do good jobs)....or maybe the person is Polish and the owners dislikes Poles.

Thousands of reasons and millions experience this regularly....

You must have went completely nuts when you heard Fox News Execs would only give TV time to those women who "did the deeds" with them to "get ahead"....

I hate to break it to you in this late hour of your life, but the world is not a fair place. Especially when your Boss is the worst POTUS in history (as of now...that is his rating). The stink of others will rub onto you. That is generally true in life and especially true in politics.

Wrong? What he did wrong was work for a sociopath.

Oh, that face - you should have warned me Tucker was in that video. How is it fair that billionaires pay him to spew BS and start up web sites with disinformation?

You have a warped sense of right and wrong, IMHO. Was it always this way? Did you, for example, feel bad for the bully who got away with it 10 times and then was blamed for something he didn't do the 11th?

Remember the old fairy tales - the Boy Who Cried Wolf and the Emperor's New Clothes and all of that. They all apply. If the guy was not a propagandist for a living he would likely not be melting.

Snowflake time on Faux News. Ha Ha.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

I have some bad news for you.

People get fired and demoted and hassled EVERY DAY for nothing...maybe someone doesn't like their looks, or thinks (corporately) that they are doing too good of a job (lazy people hate it when others do good jobs)....or maybe the person is Polish and the owners dislikes Poles.

Thousands of reasons and millions experience this regularly....

You must have went completely nuts when you heard Fox News Execs would only give TV time to those women who "did the deeds" with them to "get ahead"....

I hate to break it to you in this late hour of your life, but the world is not a fair place. Especially when your Boss is the worst POTUS in history (as of now...that is his rating). The stink of others will rub onto you. That is generally true in life and especially true in politics.

Wrong? What he did wrong was work for a sociopath.

Oh, that face - you should have warned me Tucker was in that video. How is it fair that billionaires pay him to spew BS and start up web sites with disinformation?

You have a warped sense of right and wrong, IMHO. Was it always this way? Did you, for example, feel bad for the bully who got away with it 10 times and then was blamed for something he didn't do the 11th?

Remember the old fairy tales - the Boy Who Cried Wolf and the Emperor's New Clothes and all of that. They all apply. If the guy was not a propagandist for a living he would likely not be melting.

What triggered you to make it about me views different from your own.

I'm OK with it though. I view it a public service to help vent the daily outrage.

The distractions to off topic issues sets a record maybe. The most shiny buttons I've ever seen in one post. Well done !!!

Old 03-30-2018, 10:52 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
David Sorensen didn't have to resign. He resigned all on his own.
And he didn't lose anything by resigning; his old boss, the Governor of Maine, gave him back his old job.

So why did he resign? Because his ex had the goods on him, of course. If he had forced it to go to a judge, he was cooked like an overdone turkey and would kiss his job goodbye forever.

The old days are gone for good. A man can't run over his wife's hand, or beat her up, and get away with it anymore.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:59 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,600,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

this is why there should be an age/maturity requirement to post here

Last edited by tripleh; 03-31-2018 at 12:28 AM..

Old 03-31-2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
David Sorensen didn't have to resign. He resigned all on his own.
And he didn't lose anything by resigning; his old boss, the Governor of Maine, gave him back his old job.

So why did he resign? Because his ex had the goods on him, of course. If he had forced it to go to a judge, he was cooked like an overdone turkey and would kiss his job goodbye forever.

The old days are gone for good. A man can't run over his wife's hand, or beat her up, and get away with it anymore.
Where is the proof ?

But I do agree he resigned. The reason was more the political situation at the time. It was in the best interest to take it outside the WH and not be a focus of media narrative wanting to harm the admin.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Where is the proof ?

But I do agree he resigned. The reason was more the political situation at the time. It was in the best interest to take it outside the WH and not be a focus of media narrative wanting to harm the admin.
How has the 'political situation' changed? It's been the same 'situation' for months now. People come, people go, all the time in the White House. How many is a lot? About 27, counting the lesser important folks.

Face it. If Sorensen's ex had no evidence, he would have stuck it out.

Getting a gig as a Presidential speechwriter makes a career. Just ask Ted Sorensen, Pat Buchanan, or any other guy who's ever landed the job.

There aren't a lot of things that will kill a guy's career. Wife abuse is one.

Now- ask yourself. Do you really want to see the former Mrs. Sorensen's proof?

He's done at the White House, and he ain't coming back. Just why would you want to make things ever tougher for him than they are?

Old 03-31-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
How has the 'political situation' changed? It's been the same 'situation' for months now. People come, people go, all the time in the White House. How many is a lot? About 27, counting the lesser important folks.

Face it. If Sorensen's ex had no evidence, he would have stuck it out.

Getting a gig as a Presidential speechwriter makes a career. Just ask Ted Sorensen, Pat Buchanan, or any other guy who's ever landed the job.

There aren't a lot of things that will kill a guy's career. Wife abuse is one.

Now- ask yourself. Do you really want to see the former Mrs. Sorensen's proof?

He's done at the White House, and he ain't coming back. Just why would you want to make things ever tougher for him than they are?
Not true.
If wapo had the proof they would have offered it. All they had was a vengeful ex. That's all they needed to smear their target.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:33 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
I think a lawsuit or not against the Washington Post will tell us all we need to know. As far as Fox? Yeah. no.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Not true.
If wapo had the proof they would have offered it. All they had was a vengeful ex. That's all they needed to smear their target.
You presume too much too often.

You also never got around to answering my question; how has the situation changed? That was your first excuse, and now you offer another excuse.

The reason why Sorensen quit was because he couldn't get Top Secret clearance. He couldn't get it because he abused his wife. The same reason why another staffer quit on the same day.

Kelly gave them the option of resigining, but if he had not taken it, Sorensen would have been fired as staff because he couldn't be that close to the President without a Top Secret clearance. It's the law, buddy, not the 'situation'.
Dragging the Washington Post into it is only dumb deflection. The Post had nothing at all to do with it. They just reported it, along with every other news outlet in the country. No smear, just the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies