Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 11:37 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Yup, blacks were a big priority of the Russian GOP:
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/27/59702...lack-americans

Old 03-28-2018, 11:41 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
You can see how much Republicans care about people of color. Look how they try everything they can to screw with your voting rights. That says it all.... I wouldn’t put much faith into a couple of brainwashed conservatives who claim they have all the answers.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:43 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
You can see how much Republicans care about people of color. Look how they try everything they can to screw with your voting rights. That says it all....
You mean black people are too stupid to get a voter ID?

Why should Republicans care about anybody? I just want the government to leave me alone.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:24 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And you are a rarity. Do you get derided by others in the Black Community for not being 100% Democrat Party line?
I noted I'm an independent. I don't get derided by black people in my community and I am pretty anti-party including the Democratic party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
HUh?
Statistics show that approximately 90% of blacks normally vote/support Democrat......
As someone noted, voting for a Democrat doesn't mean someone is a liberal. I vote for Democrats at times but I am not a Democrat nor do I consider myself liberal. I vote for Republicans too and don't consider myself a conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Black people should be the most conservative, fiercely independent, anti government citizens we have. They should be the most family oriented close knit Americans there are.

WTH is wrong with them?
We actually are the bold. You just focus on stereotypes of us like most Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They were headed in that direction prior to LBJ, the Great Society, and War on Poverty. Then everything changed. Blacks are smart enough, industrious enough, and independent enough to have succeeded without all this "help" from the government, yet Democrats don't view them as such so think they "need' more "help".
The social welfare system initially excluded black people and the "Great Society" of LBJ coincided with the passage of the Civil Rights Act. The bold is correct about black people. There are less of us today poverty stricken and we are better off on a variety of fronts, including educationally and economically versus the 1960s primarily because of the decrease of institutional racism and the legal protections of the Civil Rights Act and the Fair Housing Act.

Democrats talk about helping all people. Not just black people. That is their thing - acting like everyone needs their help and they need to be someone's savior. One of my very good friends is actually an elected official and is a Democrat and she was the first person I knew who went very in depth with me in a conversation about the "white savior complex" that is rampant amongst white liberals and how she and other black Democrats put them in their place lol.

Again, you all don't know much about black people or black Democrats or what we think about in regards to politics to try to act like someone with "conservative" views is somehow more special or different or "courageous" than the majority of us.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:27 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,839,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I noted I'm an independent. I don't get derided by black people in my community and I am pretty anti-party including the Democratic party.

As someone noted, voting for a Democrat doesn't mean someone is a liberal. I vote for Democrats at times but I am not a Democrat nor do I consider myself liberal. I vote for Republicans too and don't consider myself a conservative.

We actually are the bold. You just focus on stereotypes of us like most Americans.

The social welfare system initially excluded black people and the "Great Society" of LBJ coincided with the passage of the Civil Rights Act. The bold is correct about black people. There are less of us today poverty stricken and we are better off on a variety of fronts, including educationally and economically versus the 1960s primarily because of the decrease of institutional racism and the legal protections of the Civil Rights Act and the Fair Housing Act.

Democrats talk about helping all people. Not just black people. That is their thing - acting like everyone needs their help and they need to be someone's savior. One of my very good friends is actually an elected official and is a Democrat and she was the first person I knew who went very in depth with me in a conversation about the "white savior complex" that is rampant amongst white liberals and how she and other black Democrats put them in their place lol.

Again, you all don't know much about black people or black Democrats or what we think about in regards to politics to try to act like someone with "conservative" views is somehow more special or different or "courageous" than the majority of us.
Agree 100 percent. I tried to rep you but got the “you must spread reputation around etc.. etc...” message.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:28 PM

Will note on the OP article that I am not a conservative or a liberal and chose not to be a part of party politics; however I also don't think that white supremacy is as big of an issue in regards to personal safety as other people/circumstances for black people in America.

I also agree that the murder of black people by other black people is more important of an issue than most of what they tell you all (and that you all believe) are "black issues" which are not all that important in our day to day lives.

I agree with a lot of the stuff the person said in the article, yet I'm not a conservative so I guess I must not be "courageous" to you lol.

It's funny to me that you think this person is courageous for saying stuff that black people talk about all the time.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:49 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

It's funny to me that you think this person is courageous for saying stuff that black people talk about all the time.
It is really weird on here to see so many people lecture with conviction about what ”the blacks” think and what “the blacks” feel when it is clear they have no clue what black people really think and feel. I never get used to it. It’s like an out-of-body experience.

It’s kind of like how some people always complain that liberals condescend and talk down to them without even realizing it, and that’s why the left alienated so many voters? How many times have we seen “That’s why Trump won!” As a response to someone’s post. Some of these right leaning folks do the exact same thing to black people and can’t even see they’re doing it. It’s kind of amazing.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:55 PM

193 posts, read 92,226 times
Enough with the reaching out to blacks by republicans, its pointless. Every election 88-94% of blacks vote democrat . lol Its always the same numbers

Is not going to change no matter what republicans do

Republicans might want to start trying to solidify its position among its white voters who are the main reason republicans win. Most whites are getting fed up with republican cowardice on immigration, insane spending like the omnibus bill, 2nd amendment assaults, and the cowardly and worthless republican party leaders

Old 03-28-2018, 12:57 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post
Enough with the reaching out to blacks by republicans, its pointless. Every election 88-94% of blacks vote democrat . lol Its always the same numbers

Republicans might want to start trying to solidify its position among its white voters who are the main reason republicans win. Most whites are getting fed up with republican cowardice on immigration, insane spending like the omnibus bill, 2nd amendment assaults, and just the whole cowardly and worthless republican party leaders
A good chunk of whites are not Republicans. I'm white and I'll never vote Republican

Old 03-28-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post

Republicans might want to start trying to solidify its position among its white voters who are the main reason republicans win. Most whites are getting fed up with republican cowardice on immigration, insane spending like the omnibus bill, 2nd amendment assaults, and the cowardly and worthless republican party leaders
Actually until the 1960s blacks voted for Republicans in pretty large numbers. It was when the GOP turned away from civil rights (by ignoring them) that black people left the party. I mentioned earlier that Eisenhower (a Republican President) had a lot of support amongst black Americans. Nixon was actually the last one that got over 30% of the black vote (before everyone found out what a crook he was). After Nixon the GOP doesn't have a good record of highlighting issues of importance for black people in this country. Hint - welfare is not an important issue to black people.

I'll also note that I live in Ohio and our current governor is a Republican and he got about 30% of the black vote in the last election. I voted for him even though I don't like everything about him. The best thing about him is the fact that he came to the black community and asked what he could do to gain the support of the black business community in particular and he followed through so got the vote of a large amount of us in this state. The national GOP could do the same thing but they are too busy trying to tell us we want welfare and handouts and are on a "plantation" along with highlighting basic black people and acting like they are "courageous" for having common views lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies