Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 04:22 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,381,149 times

Advertisements

Evidently the network took it as a racist remark and quickly pulled the plug.

16,200 posts, read 23,107,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I couldn’t give 2 chits about Rosanne, never been a fan. Just trying to calm down the rage addicts on this forum.
I agree here. Lots of sjw liberal rage addicts here. Same could be said but the right.

30,390 posts, read 23,854,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
While we are on the topic of Trump and racist remarks:

Trump criticized a black accountant: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

Trump described Mexican immigrants as criminals and “rapists.”

Trump called for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States,”

Trump vulgarly called for less immigration from Haiti and Africa (calling them s___ hole countries) and more from Norway.

He spent years suggesting that the nation’s first black president was born not in the United States but in Kenya and has never admitted otherwise.

He lied about President Obama “issued a statement for Kwanzaa but failed to issue one for Christmas.”

He stated “Our inner cities, African Americans, Hispanics are living in hell because it’s so dangerous. You walk down the street, you get shot.”

He called Puerto Ricans “politically motivated ingrates.”

He called those who were marching with white supremacists in Charlottesville, Va. “very fine people.”

Trump endorsed Roy Moore who spoke positively about slavery and called for an African-American Muslim member of Congress not to be seated.

Trump pardoned –and praised Joe Arpaio, the Arizona sheriff who profiled Latinos and kept immigrants in brutal prison conditions.

Trump mocked Senator Elizabeth Warren as “Pocahontas.”

Trump has tweeted a six-pointed star alongside a pile of cash

While being briefed by a Korean-American intelligence analyst on Pakistan, Trump wondered aloud why she was not working on North Korea policy.

He referred to a Hispanic Miss Universe as “Miss Housekeeping.”

If ABC can cancel Rosanne for one tweet, this should be enough to cancel Trump.
Please provide factual evidence of the first alleged quote.

Trump described SOME Mexicans as criminals and rapists - specifically the ones who were committing crimes and raping people. But of course, the left never wants to tell the truth about that.

Trump did not do a "Muslim ban". He did a ban on countries (the same countries that Obama banned) where people could not be vetted before coming here. It's a little hard to vet people when the countries are being attacked by terrorists. CNN called it a "Muslim ban", but then again, the left isn't fond of the truth.

Even people from Africa were saying that Trump was right, their countries are 3rd world ****holes.

Being a birther doesn't make you a racist. It simply means that Obama was not vetted, everything was sealed and kept from us, so of course people are going to be suspicious. Doesn't help that his very own brother is on social media constantly stating that Obama was born in Kenya.

Who lives in the inner cities? When people talk about the inner cities, they aren't talking about white neighborhoods and you know it. So when he says that these people are living in hell, it's because they are. Inner cities are rife with crime. But you want to use that as some sort of political point as if anything he said was incorrect. Many innocent people live in inner cities and are subject to these crimes committed by other members in the area. He's not wrong, but you are so focused on race that you can't see the racism that you, yourself, are showing.

Please provide factual proof of him saying that Puerto Ricans were "politically motivated ingrates", unless you are talking about the government people in Puerto Rico who were NOT allowing aid to reach the people on the island who desperately needed it as they tried to score political points - making their speech in front of a warehouse full of pallets of help.

And for Charlottesville, that sentence has been worded in a way to completely and totally distort the actual context of what he was saying, but again, what can I expect from the left?

Please provide factual proof of Roy Moore endorsing slavery.

Please provide factual proof that Sheriff Joe treated only blacks or hispanics that way and not every single inmate at the prison.

Calling Warren "Pocahontas" is not racist. It's calling her out for lying about being a Native American. Talk about the ultimate in "cultural appropriation" that the left cries about all the time.

Please provide the tweet that you claim Trump posted of a 6 point star next to a pile of cash.

A Korean person not working on the relations between North and South Korea, and you call that racist? What better person than a Korean to work on those relations. How many times are we told that we don't get to say anything about certain demographics because we "don't understand". But now, suddenly, it's not okay to say, "Hey, this person would know better". How dull this cry is getting.

Please provide factual evidence of him calling "Miss America" "Miss Housekeeping".

And when I say "please provide factual evidence", I mean the entire quote, with all of the surrounding context, not how Don Lemon interpreted it on CNN.

So, going with your train of thought, if the left lies enough, that should be enough to canx the left.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:23 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,160,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Now the apologists are just grasping at straws. You people aren't stupid.

people can be stupid and racist

Old 05-29-2018, 04:24 PM

5,122 posts, read 2,071,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
From what I can remember of seeing Planet of the Apes way back when was that simians had evolved to the point of becoming humans. Humans had descended to the point of becoming animals by destroying the world. Anyone remember the scene of the Statue of Liberty's Head in the sand on the beach? Humans did that, not the apes.

There was nothing racial about those movies. The lesson was that mankind would destroy the world and the highest form of animal life would pick up the pieces and take over.
And Mel Brooks' Spaceballs did a similar message when Dark Helmet wanted to get all the trees from a planet they wanted to conquer and they did a tribute to Planet of the Apes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD516OENN7s

Sadly, some videos posted on Youtube, Liveleak or WorldStarHipHop who showed the bus driver who gived an uppercut in Cleveland back in 2012 or the
woman who got a tazer shot by a security guard in Atlanta in 2013 as shown in this vlog from David Spates that will perpetuate these things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lko0dnShwoA

Old 05-29-2018, 04:26 PM

7,836 posts, read 4,588,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I always confused her with Honey Boo-Boo's Mom. Same type of ignorant loser,

Hey..now there's an idea....bring back Duck Dynasty with Roseanne as guest star!!! Hmmm...or maybe a talk show..Honey Boo-Boo and Mom..with Roseanne! They can share ketchup spaghetti recipes
The FOX Television network program development department is waiting on line 2 for you....

Old 05-29-2018, 04:27 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,568,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Where are you sourcing these comments? Almost like there is a Trump basher's library that Trump haters go to that feeds them info.
It's called Trump's Twitter feed.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:27 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,699,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No, she didn’t say that. She said she looked like the offspring of the Muslim Brotherhood and the planet of the apes.

First off, Muslims are not a race and neither are the actors of planet of the apes. They are made up humans in costumes.

I have a friend we have callled Neon forever because he looks like a Neanderthal man.

We live in a society that looks the other way on murdering babies for convenience sake, but we go nuts about a harmless tweet.
So if you don't think that statement is racist, what do you *think* Roseanne meant by that, if not to be racist?

Calling your friend Neon is not the same thing. I assume you are doing that because he has a pronounced supraorbital ridge?

I don't think anyone is going nuts. Disney decided Roseanne did not represent their views and found her offensive. End of story. Kathy Griffin got the same treatment.

The only thing this thread is doing is discussing whether her remarks were racist or not. No one going nuts. I'm enjoying the pretzel logic of Roseanne's defenders.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,428,529 times
The problem is intent tied in with historical context. That's what makes Roseanne's comments racist.

It's usually liberals who don't understand this kind of stuff but I see conservatives are baffled on this one...or just playing dumb.

It's the same reason why that in today's world 99 out of every 100 times the N word is used it has nothing to do with race. NOTHING. Yet liberals claim just thinking the word is racist.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:32 PM

25,881 posts, read 16,598,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
So if you don't think that statement is racist, what do you *think* Roseanne meant by that, if not to be racist?

Calling your friend Neon is not the same thing. I assume you are doing that because he has a pronounced supraorbital ridge?

I don't think anyone is going nuts. Disney decided Roseanne did not represent their views and found her offensive. End of story. Kathy Griffin got the same treatment.

The only thing this thread is doing is discussing whether her remarks were racist or not. No one going nuts. I'm enjoying the pretzel logic of Roseanne's defenders.
I’ve already said I’m not a fan of Roseanne, never was. I just want this society to suck it up a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies