Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 11:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times

Advertisements

I totally understand why the TX GOP doesn't want them to have a booth
I totally don't understand why if you are LGBT or any other variation you would WANT to belong to the GOP--a political party that HATES your sexual orientation and with the rise of the evangelical Christian faction and alt-right will NEVER really accept anyone of that orientation openly...

See the movie "Philomena" about the Irish mother looking for her son, stolen from her And basically sold by the nuns running the Catholic home for unwed mothers she was living in-basically a work house. Her son was adopted along with a girl from the same house by couple in United States--he knew he was adopted--returned to orphanage 3 times but nuns refused to tell him his mother's identity and his ashes are buried there in hopes she would find him.

She discovers his American life when she is taken there by English writer Martin Sixsmith following her for a story about locating her son..
Her son was gay but became senior counsel for the RNC--during Reagan and Bush I time...
Kept his sex life basically under wraps and died from AIDS...
True story--and very sad for many reasons but the GOP was not as rabid then as now...

Old 04-19-2018, 12:12 AM

5,796 posts, read 5,117,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I totally don't understand why if you are LGBT or any other variation you would WANT to belong to the GOP--a political party that HATES your sexual orientation and with the rise of the evangelical Christian faction and alt-right will NEVER really accept anyone of that orientation openly...

See the movie "Philomena" about the Irish mother looking for her son, stolen from her And basically sold by the nuns running the Catholic home for unwed mothers she was living in-basically a work house. Her son was adopted along with a girl from the same house by couple in United States--he knew he was adopted--returned to orphanage 3 times but nuns refused to tell him his mother's identity and his ashes are buried there in hopes she would find him.

She discovers his American life when she is taken there by English writer Martin Sixsmith following her for a story about locating her son..
Her son was gay but became senior counsel for the RNC--during Reagan and Bush I time...
Kept his sex life basically under wraps and died from AIDS...
True story--and very sad for many reasons but the GOP was not as rabid then as now...
Some people just love being abused....apparently some in the lgbtq are like that.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:35 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,499,814 times
The Log Cabin Republicans in Texas have a lot in common with Donald Trump. They both like being spanked ...one by Rep. (R) Daniel Stormy and the other by Stormy Daniels!

Old 04-19-2018, 12:59 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,772,302 times
Quote:
I totally don't understand why if you are LGBT or any other variation you would WANT to belong to the GOP...
Probably for many of the same reasons that gay people want to join Christian churches, have pride parades at Disneyland and get married in state sanctioned weddings with ministers and cakes. It's a combination of wanting to be accepted as normal and wholesome and wanting to subvert the whole idea of normality and wholesomeness.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:23 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,511,593 times
I don't understand Log Cabin Republicans. The GOP doesn't appreciate you, they don't want you, many of them absolutely hate you. I understand having fiscally conservative leanings, but that ship has sailed with the GOP.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:31 AM

936 posts, read 826,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller247 View Post
Gay and Republican just don’t go together at all. I’m confused
Explain that one to Dennis Hastert.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/u...-released.html

Old 04-19-2018, 05:38 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,446,158 times
Quote:
I totally don't understand why if you are LGBT or any other variation you would WANT to belong to the GOP--a political party that HATES your sexual orientation
Perhaps partly because the left wants to massively import Muslims whose views on homosexuality make pretty much any US Republican look like a champion of gay rights.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:45 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,358,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Probably for many of the same reasons that gay people want to join Christian churches, have pride parades at Disneyland and get married in state sanctioned weddings with ministers and cakes. It's a combination of wanting to be accepted as normal and wholesome and wanting to subvert the whole idea of normality and wholesomeness.
The problem with culture is not homosexuality. The problem is our destructive culture that tells us that certain things that feel good are automatically bad. It's pointlessly destructive and therefore needs to die. That's the culture we should be focusing on getting rid of. It should have been obvious since the beginning of time that if people aren't doing something that's likely harmful, they're probably going to know better how to live their lives than we are as outsiders.

I want more gay people. I want everyone to be gay. It's like heterosexuality, but without unplanned pregancies. If I were genetically engineering a master race, they'd all be lesbions and they'd procreate through growing new people in vats.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:45 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Perhaps partly because the left wants to massively import Muslims whose views on homosexuality make pretty much any US Republican look like a champion of gay rights.
This is a ridiculous statement. There is no policy of wanting to massively import Muslims. There just isn't.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:47 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,026,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I don't understand Log Cabin Republicans. The GOP doesn't appreciate you, they don't want you, many of them absolutely hate you. I understand having fiscally conservative leanings, but that ship has sailed with the GOP.
Exactly. One can understand said Log Cabin Republicans being fiscally conservative, but the recent Tax Reform Act and the ballooning national debt, puts 'paid' to that argument.

Said Log Cabin Republicans in Texas would certainly not be a 'majority' at the Texas GOP convention, so the chances of their influencing the platform would be mighty slim.

I guess many Texas Republicans are worried about a 'gay orgy' breaking out on the convention floor. Or perhaps they worry that having gays at the convention would scare off the prostitutes that seem to flock to GOP conventions.

It is curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies