Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 10:22 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,151,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I would never claim that a Texas Republican was smart...
This isn't the first time you have displayed your dislike for Texas Republicans. What do you have against them? Don't have a clue where you are from and don't really care, but I would like to know what you have against Texas? It is a pretty damn good state with some great leadership, both Republican and Democrat.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:34 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,151,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I don't understand Log Cabin Republicans. The GOP doesn't appreciate you, they don't want you, many of them absolutely hate you. I understand having fiscally conservative leanings, but that ship has sailed with the GOP.
and I say BULL!! Have you even known a Log Cabin Republican personally or straight Republicans that do accept people regardless of their color, sexual orientation, religion or gender? I am guessing, probably not. we have a foster daughter that is a lesbian, married to her lesbian wife and their roommate is a lesbian. 2 of the 3 are Republicans. It takes more than social issues to make us part of a political party. This idea that Republicans do not accept gays is so false it isn't funny. Of course there are still some that do not accept them, but more and more people are changing their minds and attitudes. What most do not accept is flaunting one sexual orientation.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:41 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,091,765 times
If the Reps bless the homosexuals what is next illegals and Isis???

Have standards.

No standards is what gave us homosexual marriage. Now people are pushing to marry animals. The homosexual vote wont save the Reps in any case.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:47 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,065,225 times
So Mike Pence can't attend the Texas GOP convention?

Old 04-19-2018, 11:32 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,346,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I say BULL!! Have you even known a Log Cabin Republican personally or straight Republicans that do accept people regardless of their color, sexual orientation, religion or gender? I am guessing, probably not. we have a foster daughter that is a lesbian, married to her lesbian wife and their roommate is a lesbian. 2 of the 3 are Republicans. It takes more than social issues to make us part of a political party. This idea that Republicans do not accept gays is so false it isn't funny. Of course there are still some that do not accept them, but more and more people are changing their minds and attitudes. What most do not accept is flaunting one sexual orientation.
Do you not understand what this thread is discussing? The Texas GOP has banned the Log Cabin Republicans from their convention simply because they are gay. How do you reconcile their actions with your claim that "this idea that Republicans do not accept gays is so false it isn't funny"? Please explain how banning people from participating is the same as accepting them.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:39 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,124,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Do you not understand what this thread is discussing? The Texas GOP has banned the Log Cabin Republicans from their convention simply because they are gay. How do you reconcile their actions with your claim that "this idea that Republicans do not accept gays is so false it isn't funny"? Please explain how banning people from participating is the same as accepting them.
It's hilarious that nita is arguing about how accepting of gays the GOP is in a thread that is about how the party is locking gays out of their convention. This is the willful ignorance you get with conservatives. It would be funny except that people with this level of disconnect to reality are right now running the country.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:41 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,141,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller247 View Post
Like the left. I love it when the right consumes their own.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:48 PM

31,297 posts, read 20,816,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
So Mike Pence can't attend the Texas GOP convention?
You do realize the thread title is a lie don't you?

Old 04-19-2018, 03:50 PM

12,092 posts, read 6,633,748 times
This is very disappointing....

Old 04-19-2018, 03:50 PM

31,297 posts, read 20,816,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Do you not understand what this thread is discussing? The Texas GOP has banned the Log Cabin Republicans from their convention simply because they are gay.
No, they have not. Your post is a total lie.

Educate yourself instead of just reading thread titles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies