Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the current President of the United States empowered white supremacists?
Yes 118 57.28%
No 88 42.72%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103
Tell that to all the people who have been labeled racists, sexists, homophobes, bigots, etc. over virtually nothing, and then had their lives impacted by it. Owen Benjamin, Jordan Peterson, James Damore, Lindsay Shepherd, plus many others... and probably a lot more that we don't know about.

The tactic is to slander people who don't agree with you (call them the labels above), shame them into apologizing, and then not accept their apology. Then you point to it as an example of why your ideas need to be pushed even harder, or why the government needs to "do something" about it.

So now people see the game they're playing, and they realize that apologizing is the WORST thing you can do. Most people don't agree with the narratives being pushed by news outlets, Hollywood, social justice activists, etc. and that's becoming more apparent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
And you don't think slandering, shaming, or being derogatory against "liberals", "the left", etc. as "crybabies", "snowflakes", "betas", "wimps", "manginas" have their own lives impacted by it? You don't think those labels aren't as strongly stigmatizing as "racist", "sexist", "homophobic", "transphobic", "islamophobic", and so forth? Trust me, being caricatured as weak, sensitive, fragile, etc. is every bit as effective at people mentally shutting one out as those -isms, -phobias, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
The difference is one is a baseless accusation and the other is simply an observation based on real evidence.
Prolonged exposure to constant insults and hostility often does damage mental health, even with no physicality involved. Dehumanizing speech tends to inspire others to consider them just that - nonpeople unworthy of even the basics of human dignity. Look no further than the many stories of bullying (school or workplace) to see how such maltreatment can harm others.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/1...-mental-abuse/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...hology-insults
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/words-...0666691550?v=a

Just to name three. Looks like there is some basis in my accusation after all.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:44 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
In one of your prior posts you threw in some names, manafort, Flynn, etc.(are they even tied to supremacists? or were you just throwing names out there?) According to your logic, you're fine when some of those people worked in the obama admin, but suddenly not fine with it when Trump had taken them on

Did it bother you this much when hillary was snuggling with supremacists? For example .. not only worked for goldwater but said she was proud of it, giving byrd a big sloppy kiss, etc.

Yes at one time supremacists were a problem in this country, not so much these days. Heck, these days there's probably not even enough of them to fill a roadside Dixie Diner.

You people are so afraid of everyone, supermacists, Russians, the right, etc., and yet you're willing to give up your rights, and to the very man that you're claiming is hitler...LOL. A person couldn't make this chit up if they tried.

Maybe you people should move.
No!

I've never stated that someone was linked to the Alt-Right who wasn't. False incrimination and libel is not my style...

You might be referring to a previous post where I indicate that people within Trump's inner circle are linked to Russia. In several cases the inner circle members are linked to both the Alt-Right and Russia. Like Flynn, Manafort, and Gates.

It's fairly clear that you're not aware of the current popularity of extreme right-wing groups these days. That would include Neo-Nazis, Alt-Right, Neo-Confederates, and the resurgent Klan. All white nationalist and white supremacist groups here within these United States.

BTW

I've never stated that Hillary wasn't a racist. I've also never condoned a racist working for either party. Many whites were once fervent racists in the past. Some have dialed it down a notch since yesteryear. Hillary is a career politician. No doubt she's kissed quite a few racists. There most certainly are many in Arkansas.

It would be equally disgusting either way!

Last edited by zeliner; 04-08-2018 at 08:18 PM..

Old 04-08-2018, 09:06 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
No!

I've never stated that someone was linked to the Alt-Right who wasn't. False incrimination and libel is not my style...
But it certainly is for the mainstream media, progressive extremists, Hollywood elites, and the liberals in power. So, if you align with any of them it makes it your style by association.

You can't claim to be against "a thing" while supporting people who do in a voracious fashion.

Quote:
On this we can agree completely. At this point who is worse? The people being labelled as racists at the drop of a hat, or the racist hypocrites doing the labeling?

That's exactly how the progs are playing their games. The right are all guilty of atrocious things simply because some racist buffoon is within 6 degrees of separation. Some long forgotten KKK idiot claims to support Trump and somehow that makes Trump a Nazi sympathizer - you simply can't make up this kind of numbnut logic.

I guess Trump has been the perfect vehicle for the left to show just how vitriolic and full of hate they actually are. The veil has been pulled back.

Last edited by steven_h; 04-08-2018 at 09:17 PM..

Old 04-08-2018, 10:29 PM

23,615 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
No!

Trump definitely back-pedaled on denouncing Duke!

He was afraid that he would upset his base in doing so. Racist don't categorically denounce one another...
No?

I never said he didn't back-pedal. I said that he had denounced duke before he made that interview, and that was the reason why he was asked that question - again, catch up.

He had denounced him numerous times over the years. How many times must a person denounce another? Millions, billions, trillions ... what? Tell us.

Quote:
No!

You might be referring to a previous post where I indicate that people within Trump's inner circle are linked to Russia. In several cases the inner circle members are linked to both the Alt-Right and Russia. Like Flynn, Manafort, and Gates.
No, again? sheesh.

Yes you certainly did suggest that they were tied to the alt-right and supremacy, read your post - post #107. Why don't you quote it and point out where you were talking about Russia and not alt-right and supremacy.

Even if you had been talking about Russia, what does mueller have on them 'right now' regarding Russia, only say things that are known, not hoped for, that has you all panty wadded. Uh, he's got Flynn on lying, it was proper for Flynn to speak with Russia, he had no reason to lie but he did, Russia had nothing to do with it. And manafort on what, money laundering, which was done years ago.
Sorry but Russia is really not in the picture with what those two had done.

Again, you had no problems with things such as these in the past admin.

Quote:
It's fairly clear that you're not aware of the current popularity of extreme right-wing groups these days. That would include Neo-Nazis, Alt-Right, Neo-Confederates, and the resurgent Klan. All white nationalist and white supremacist groups here within these United States.

BTW

I've never stated that Hillary wasn't a racist. I've also never condoned a racist working for either party. Many whites were once fervent racists in the past. Some have dialed it down a notch since yesteryear. Hillary is a career politician. No doubt she's kissed quite a few racists. There most certainly are many in Arkansas.

If you didn't speak out against hillary, like you're doing with Trump, then you did condone her actions. Oh and look, you're condoning them in your very post , she's a 'career politician' , 'kissed a few racists' , there are 'many'. Of course politician shmooz with the dregs, it's always been done. But, as far as you're concerned it's fine when anyone but Trump does it.

I don't care much for both far right and far left groups. But, they do have the right to speak their minds.well, at least the right feels that way, the left would love to take their rights away.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:30 PM

23,615 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
But it certainly is for the mainstream media, progressive extremists, Hollywood elites, and the liberals in power. So, if you align with any of them it makes it your style by association.

You can't claim to be against "a thing" while supporting people who do in a voracious fashion.

On this we can agree completely. At this point who is worse? The people being labelled as racists at the drop of a hat, or the racist hypocrites doing the labeling?

That's exactly how the progs are playing their games. The right are all guilty of atrocious things simply because some racist buffoon is within 6 degrees of separation. Some long forgotten KKK idiot claims to support Trump and somehow that makes Trump a Nazi sympathizer - you simply can't make up this kind of numbnut logic.

I guess Trump has been the perfect vehicle for the left to show just how vitriolic and full of hate they actually are. The veil has been pulled back.
^^^^This.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:32 AM

37,973 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
I think that this is an important discussion.
Trump has not done one thing to "empower" any type of racism.

This is as predictable as the sun rising each morning. As soon as any Republican is elected as President, right on cue, the left accuses them of being a white racist, and accuse them of supporting white racists. Oh, and the left accuse any (R) president as also hating the poor, hating women, want to poison the earth, air and water, and they are so blood thirsty for war, they will start WWII.

Not one executive order has been signed to empower racists. Not one piece of legislation has been signed by Trump, much less passed thru Congress, which empower racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies